Guys, I don't know the answer to this one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

My dad died recently and I don't have anyone to go for advice.

I'm catholic, not that practicing but I always wanted to marry a nice catholic woman. It's an important part of my life and I don't want to loose it. In terms of pick up I get a reasonable amount of girls. Speaking 4 languages I've got options.

I was dating a Spanish girl who is an athiest. She also isn't that hot. On the other hand everything else is perfect. Her personality is great, I like being with her.

My head overulled the heart and I broke up with her by not calling her. Look, I still like her its just I had a lot to sort out with my life after dad died.

Did I do the right thing? Should I try to get back together with her?

Thanks

Random people on the internet cannot truthfully answer that question for you. However, it does seem you're searching for someone to validate your actions and give you a reason to get back together with her. If you're generally interested in her, give her a call, explain the situation and see how she feels.

Thanks

Honestly, I didnt expect someone to reply like Might did.. but thats by far the best advice

Thanks

Hi mate,

Don't worry I know random people can't help much. Honestly though it is the best I can get at the moment.

The question, how do you know someone is 'girlfriend' material. I don't know if I am being too picky about the catholic thing? Is it ok to date someone for 6 months to try them out? Has anyone ever had this cultural clash?

WANine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brucetheaussie View Post
    Hi mate,

Don't worry I know random people can't help much. Honestly though it is the best I can get at the moment.

The question, how do you know someone is 'girlfriend' material. I don't know if I am being too picky about the catholic thing? Is it ok to date someone for 6 months to try them out? Has anyone ever had this cultural clash?
    Should you date someone for their personality, or for their religion? There is one right answer, and pick carefully, for if you don't, god will condemn you to the bowels of hell.

For the record I'm an atheist and my girlfriend is catholic. It makes the relationship interesting because abortion jokes are twice as funny when I tell them to her!

edit: Not to rag on you or anything, but if catholicism was really as important to you as you say, than I'm sure you would be a practicing catholic.

Thanks

It's more a cultural thing. My mum's Polish and i like all the traditions.

I believe in God and it's pretty strong. It is a big part of my life, don't want to loose it. I freaked out and didn't tell her but dumped her.

Thanks

Sorry for your loss. But you shouldn't not go out with someone because of thier religious views or lack of, but what type of person they are? I mean this is the 21st century, we arent living in the darkages anymore. And btw don't get into your head that all Athiests are reckless, imoral heathens. Mother Teresa was an Athiest! But then agan she wasn't that moral, so I guess you're right lol!

Thanks

If you dumped her for something as trivial as her spiritual beliefs, or lack thereof, I think she can do better.

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks

If playing make believe is a big part of who you are and she's not willing to play then it's time to find a girl who will. Life is too short to settle.

Thanks

Hi mate,

It was a pretty tough time and I dropped everything except my family for two months.

My religion is important to me but not a killer to a relationship. It is more cultural. I was brought up by a Polish mum. So I like to live a central european lifestyle ( German, Austrian etc.)

She is from Spain and different to what I expected. I'm open to try her out but am not sure. I mean, I speak fluent Spanish its not that bad. I know Spanish culture and they are not loyal. One thing I crave is loyalty.

She is fat and has saggy tits. Although dresses well.

On the other had have been able to pick up a multitude of hot Polish/German girls. They have a cultural values and traditions.