Letting women talk about themseleves
    Thanks

Hello Guys!

Most PUAs advocate letting women talk about themselves. For example, the topics of conversation should be about the HB's hobbies, interests, dreams etc. because most guys are not really interested in personality. They just see her beauty and attractiveness. However, isn't this contradicting to the push-pull theory? Also, I think you are giving her too much IOIs by being interested in her.

What do you guys think? Is interpretation just wrong? Should I only "let women talk about themselves" past and during A3 and C1? :3

Thanks

I believe it to be mostly during A3, so that, upon listening to what they are saying to you about themselves, you have legitimate reasoning for giving an IOI, she is basically DHVing to you, and your IOI is now validated. So she feels validated and feels that the IOI is genuine.

Thanks

Yes allow her to talk about herself in depth in a3/comfort.

Thanks

No. Let a woman talk about herself at every opportunity, but remember, controlling the conversation is important. As long as your are the instigator of her chat e.g. supplying the question (topic of conversation), shut the hell up and listen. Women love talking, especially about themselves. And one important thing is a guy who can listen...who can understand what she is thinking, someone who can connect with her on that mental level. Is speech not the forefront of any relationship? Yes it is, fact. So when she speaks, listen, and when you speak, make sure she listens...and respond accordingly.

Thanks

Thanks for the interesting replies.
    One of the reasons I ask is that I really like talking about myself. I'm really talkative especially to those I already know. Though I'm really shy to those whom I don't know.
    By the way, I still feel uncomfortable asking girls their hobbies, passions in life, jobs etc. if I just met them. In the past weeks I've been sarging alone (never had a wing ) and was able to somehow beat my super powerful AA. I can open sets and neg the girls but after that I just say "I got to get back to my bros... nice meeting you blahblah...". Should I just immediately ask the target girl after I isolated her? Also, I still find it hard to gauge whether I should isolate or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AfrodesiacMPUA View Post
    No. Let a woman talk about herself at every opportunity, but remember, controlling the conversation is important. As long as your are the instigator of her chat e.g. supplying the question (topic of conversation), shut the hell up and listen. Women love talking, especially about themselves. And one important thing is a guy who can listen...who can understand what she is thinking, someone who can connect with her on that mental level. Is speech not the forefront of any relationship? Yes it is, fact. So when she speaks, listen, and when you speak, make sure she listens...and respond accordingly.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Rebel View Post
    Thanks for the interesting replies.
    One of the reasons I ask is that I really like talking about myself. I'm really talkative especially to those I already know. Though I'm really shy to those whom I don't know.
    By the way, I still feel uncomfortable asking girls their hobbies, passions in life, jobs etc. if I just met them. In the past weeks I've been sarging alone (never had a wing ) and was able to somehow beat my super powerful AA. I can open sets and neg the girls but after that I just say "I got to get back to my bros... nice meeting you blahblah...". Should I just immediately ask the target girl after I isolated her? Also, I still find it hard to gauge whether I should isolate or not.
    Its a bit lackluster if you ask, "Soo.. what are you hobbies?"

Drop conversational Que's. Really there is a pretty limited range of "hobbies" the average person actually does. You can also get a pretty decent idea of what a girl may generally be all about. If she's extremely fit, chances are she works out. If her hair is really nice, chances are she goes to a saloon, if she wears really fashionable clothes, chances are she loves to shop. If she's wearing camo, she probably considers herself a "cowgirl" and does activities out in the wild, pretty common around here. If she's tan she probably enjoys tanning, if she's wearing a zeppelin shirt, she probably enjoys listening to older music.

There are endless hooks. The magic is in your subtle delivery.. Don't ask flat out questions.. Notice things, and guide her to it. Or recall a story that in someway reflects something she is clearly interested in.

A direct question applies pressure to a situation, it sets back momentum. If she hops onto a thread under her own interest and volition it will amp the momentum.

Personally, I like to play dumb a bit. It doesn't lower my value, it just adds to her's. It allows her to gain value to "get closer" to mine, it allows her to get passionate for a second, it allows her to connect and feel as she is a part of my "growth of knowledge," heck, and sometimes I can learn a thing or two.

I like to make statements on subjects that I feel she would be very knowledgeable on, or that she has already clearly expressed knowledge of.Statements that I know the answer to, or that she has already technically given the answer to. The key to getting a great answer, is knowing how to present a juicy question, that isn't always in "?" format. Its tricky, but oh so effective. Its tricky, because it cannot be canned, it can only spawn from what is right in front of you.

Thanks

Also-

Ask open ended questions to expand the conversation.
    Dont say, 'Do you like Michael Jackson's music ?'? Because she either answeres yes, and a sentence as to why, or answers no and then its crickets.

Instead, to use the same question asked differently,'What do you think of Michael Jackson's music?'

Now she can take that quiry, and run with it.Just make sure you pay attention to what she says, because few things kill rapport faster than you zoning out and the HB asking what you thought of what she said.

-Arctic

Thanks

"Turn questions into statements."

From Revelation. Instead of asking a girl about her hobbies, say something like "You look like the kind of girl that likes to [insert random hobby here]" and if she says no, reply with "Oh, enlighten me. What is it that you like to do then?".

It's a lot better than "Sooo.... What are your hobbies?". That's like asking a question to keep the conversation going, instead of actually being interested in her hobbies.

Thanks

I love to listen to women talk about themselves.
    once I get a chance I ask a girl about herself.
    not easy to ask what do you like...
    its much easier when the conversation flows in that direction.