Are "Inner Game Exercises" BS?

Had a question that I've been thinking about a lot lately.

If you ask any pickup guru, most will say that if your confidence/inner game/mindset is good, you'll have success. From my experience, that's true. When you're on, shit just works, sets open, and things happen.

Here's my issue...

To me, it seems like having solid inner game just comes naturally once you get good, and get results.

In other words, is there a PROCESS to develop inner game, or is inner game just a BYPRODUCT of getting good?

For example, if you practice for 6 months, then you go out 7 nights this next week, and you get laid 7 times because you have SOLID outer game, you'll have REAL confidence. Because you just went 7 for 7. So you'll ACTUALLY BELIEVE that women are attracted to you, you're the prize, you're the selector, ext ext ext.

On the other hand, lets say you do a bunch of "inner game exercises" (affirmations, hypnosis tracks, "just trying to think differently"). It might pump you up and get you really confident when you're in front of your mirror, but if you're outer game sucks, and you get rejected 10 times in a row, you're brain is going to KNOW that your NOT the prize, you're NOT the selector, ext ext ext. You can't trick it into thinking that you're the man.

So did all that "inner game work" actually do anything? Or was it a waste of time?

Did it matter that you said "I am confident and I am the prize" in the mirror 2 hours earlier, if at the end of the night your brain knows the truth?

Anyway, I ask because I've spent a lot of time on these inner game exercises, and it doesn't FEEL like their doing anything. And if their not, I'd rather spend that time working on Story Delivery, routine stacks, ext.

But maybe there's something I'm not seeing here. Anyway, let me know if you have any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them.

-TheMachine

I kind of agree with you, inner game and outter game both work together and each fuels the others fire; in other words if you have strong outter game it'll help your inner game and if you have strong inner game it'll help your outer game. Also, i don't think inner game is bs because of the simple fact that looking at a situation differently and asking your self the right questions are very effective.