Phone Game - Mistake?
    Thanks

Phone Game - Mistake?

I was texting this HB8 whose number I recently got. I felt like the conversation was going pretty well for the most part but in the end I ended up without a date. Obviously something went wrong somewhere so I'm posting the entire conversation right here. Maybe you guys can point out where I messed up. I am posting each text message word for word with no editing. It's quite lengthy. Some of her texts might be hard to understand, she's kind of a sloppy texter....

Smiley 3:51PM: I'm bored you should entertain me somehow
    HB8 3:51PM: How lol i am not a miracle ya kno
    Smiley 3:54PM: Maybe not but i bet you're more interesting to talk to than this professor
    HB8 3:54PM: But then you wont learn sweetie
    Smiley 3:55PM: I'm willing to take that risk
    HB8 3:56PM: Lol are you
    Smiley 3:57PM: Yeah. I live life on the edge like that
    HB8 3:58PM: Haha so dangerous!!
    Smiley 3:59PM: Lol what can i say? I'm not a hero just an ordinary man doing extraordinary things....
    HB8 4:00PM: Haha lol o okay
    Smiley 4:01PM: Alright stop procrastinating and entertain me!
    HB8 4:02PM: Fav color
    Smiley 4:02PM: Used to be red but now it's blue. Yours?
    HB8 4:03PM: I don't have one lol, musoc
    Smiley 4:04PM: Whoa back up. You gotta have a favorite color... You just don't wanna say cuz it's probably something disgusting like brown lol
    HB8 4:05PM: Lol i like them all lol
    Smiley 4:07PM: Alright. I guess I'll accept that answer...lol. For music it depends on my mood. Usually light rock or hip hop/rap
    HB8 4:09PM: Okayy grtaway anywere were would it be
    Smiley 4:11PM: Oooo that's a good one... Anywhere warm with a nice beach. Wanna come with?
    HB8 4:12PM: Lol florida or cali i am down even better if its hawii
    Smiley 4:13PM: I agree lol i have a hookup who has a place in Florida we could stay. Right next to a beach. So pack your bags we're leaving tomorrow!
    HB8 4:14PM: Are we really?
    Smiley 4:15PM: Well...maybe not tomorrow...but over the summer we totally could
    HB8 4:16PM: Lol okayy im down
    Smiley 4:16PM: I'll teach you how to surf!
    HB8 4:18PM: Lol okay i dont have good balance i trip over air js
    Smiley 4:19PM: That's ok I'll only make fun of you a little bit, i promise
    HB8 4:20PM: Lmao ill be laughing too an i bet u would make fun of me
    Smiley 4:22PM: I hope you can swim though cuz if a shark rolls up on us i will offer you as a gift so i can escape
    HB8 4:24PM: O thanks hahah n i used to be on a swim team
    Smiley 4:24PM: Oh really? so i guess that plan wouldn't work out in my favor huh?
    HB8 4:25PM: No it wouldnt lol
    Smiley 4:26PM: So did you race or dive?
    HB8 4:28PM: Race
    Smiley 4:29PM: That's cool, swimming is a reallllly good workout. Did you do any other sports?
    HB8 4:31PM: I played volleyball basketball soccer n i play softball right kno
    Smiley 4:32PM: Oh wow so you're really athletic, i like that. Do you have a favorite?
    HB8 4:33PM: Basketball and softball
    Smiley 4:33PM: Nice, that's pretty cool
    HB8 4:34PM: Yeahhh lol hbu any sports
    Smiley 4:35PM: I did basketball in Jr high, bowled in high school, and no i do mma
    HB8 4:36PM: O fer sire
    Smiley 4:37PM: Do you know what mma is? a lot of people don't
    HB8 4:38PM: Yes i do
    Smiley 4:40PM: Ok. I'm gonna be in town for a few days this weekend, we should go out
    HB8 4:40PM: And do what
    Smiley 4:41PM: Get lunch. I like to keep first dates simple
    HB8 4:44PM: Lol its a date now
    Smiley 4:46PM: Oh yeah. I mean it's no horse drawn carriage riding off into the sunset... Lol gotta make sure you're cool first

[The horse drawn carriage comment was a reference to something we talked about when we first met.]

HB8 4:47PM: Hahah woahh i am pretty bad ass
    Smiley 4:48PM: Oh are you?
    HB8 4:50PM: Yess k am
    Smiley 4:52PM: Hmm well I know some pretty badass people so I'll have to determine that for myself
    HB8 4:53: Lol okayy
    Smiley 4:53PM: So lunch Saturday
    HB8 4:55PM: Mmm i work saturday
    Smiley 4:56PM: What day would work for you?
    HB8 4:58PM: Idk i work fri sat n sunday its easter
    Smiley 5:03PM: Hmm well we could try to do something else that works around your hours. Any ideas?
    HB8 5:04PM: I work three on friday at four on sat. O got no idea
    Smiley 5:06PM: Alright

To anyone who actually took the time to read all that, thank you. What do you think went wrong here? Should I just be done texting with her and move on to the next (I don't want to chase. I've done that my whole life. That's part of why I'm here) or should I give her another chance?

Thanks

Phone Game - Mistake?

Nothing went wrong, in my opinion. You just haven't chosen a time or day. Be the leader, she's clearly allowing you to fulfill that.

Thanks

Phone Game - Mistake?

If your schedule is open, I would go Saturday at 11am or even do breakfast with her instead. She didn't blow u off brother.

Thanks

Phone Game - Mistake?

I just feel like she kinda did cuz she didn't make an effort to reschedule. In my past experience girls like that tend to flake.

Thanks

Phone Game - Mistake?

Just towards the end trying to work around her schedule came of kinda needy ... like you want the date more then her ... maybe if we use the rest of this thread to come up with an idea on how to seed a date ... lets put our brains together here ... (obviously if you did the proper time bridging technique where you plan the date in person and just use the phone in between time) ... but since that's not the case then maybe something like ...

I will be out saturday at (insert location) ... with a buddy of mine ... you have to come fight off all the other girls

maybe follow up ... I am declaring you as my DTB

when she asks what that is ... you are my designated twat block

then after some chit chat ... ok so saturday 9pm ... I got to go now Ill give you a call later

then call her the next day just to chit chat don't bring up the date

Then follow up with a call the day of date

Thanks

Phone Game - Mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Čeef View Post
    Just towards the end trying to work around her schedule came of kinda needy ... like you want the date more then her ... maybe if we use the rest of this thread to come up with an idea on how to seed a date ... lets put our brains together here ... (obviously if you did the proper time bridging technique where you plan the date in person and just use the phone in between time) ... but since that's not the case then maybe something like ...

I will be out saturday at (insert location) ... with a buddy of mine ... you have to come fight off all the other girls

maybe follow up ... I am declaring you as my DTB

when she asks what that is ... you are my designated twat block

then after some chit chat ... ok so saturday 9pm ... I got to go now Ill give you a call later

then call her the next day just to chit chat don't bring up the date

Then follow up with a call the day of date
    Thanks man I really like those suggestions. Not only are they funny, but they demonstrate pre-selection because it's telling her that other girls like me. Setting up the date is a problem for me. I can get girls' numbers most of the time but when it comes to dates I get a lot of flakes.

I think part of it is my failure in escalating things more quickly. I think another big part of it is that I don't know when I should keep persisting or when I should back off. I felt like continuing to try to set up a time would be chasing too much but at the same time asking her to set up a time came off as needy.

Thanks

Phone Game - Mistake?

yea man just keep at it ... you'll get there ... and when you persist you persist from a DHV frame ... don't mistake persistence for something DLV