Iím in the Dominican Republic on vacation. About 1 out of 3-4 tourists hear speak English. Iím walking down toward the beach and this girl ends up walking alongside of me. I donít look at her and I hear ďHi!Ē Iím thinking wtf and I turn at her and pickup mode is ON.

Me: Hey how ya doin?
Now, I am NOT good looking, I was NOT in state, I did NOT have social proofÖ I have no idea why the hell this girl opened me, anyway
Her: goodÖ
Both of us: So you speak English?
Me: Awesome, high five!
And I put up my hand to high five. She puts her hand down for me to give her a low five
Me: NO! put it UP!
She puts it up and I smack it. Itís a funny little routine I got from my friend J.
Her: I didnít want to put it up because I havenít shaved
Me: Thatís kind of gross.
Her: haha
NOTE: I DO NOT look at her while saying that. Explanation at bottom
Me: So are you English or American?
Her: Actually Iím Canadian
Me: Oh thatís the worst out of the three!
Her: Whaaa
Me: you have terrible weather all year round so you have to come down here for vacation
Her: What are you talking about
Me: I know this girl from Canada who plays hockey all year round, you canít play hockey in nice weather
Her: so where are you from?
Me: Take a guess.
Her: America
Me: yep
The whole way down, we kept on making incidental arm kino from walking so close to each other. At this point Iím so fucking confused as to why this chick is IOI-ing me (this is one of the hottest girls Iíve ever spoken to), want to figure out what kind of logistics there are, so I stop at a fork in the road, (she also stops with meÖ IOI) I turn to her and say
Me: So who are you here with?
This was a tactical error for several reasons
Her: With my husband. We got married a week ago and weíre here for two weeks
Pickup mode off. My subconscious threw me for a whirlwind; itís not yet in my reality to pick up wives.
Me: Oh I thought you said HE got married a week ago I was like ????
Note: I seem to do this a lot in conversations with girls, where I mishear what they say and then tell them what I misheard. Iím going to weed this out, itís along the lines of TDís 25 points being too eager to hear what theyíre saying.
Her: Iím going to go cancel our massages now
Me: why?
Her: Weíre so drunk we wonít remember them
Now I guess I understand the opening and the IOIísÖ but Iím still not sure how to interpret drunk girl IOIs. Also, I keep on wanting to ask for her name, but I make myself refrain from giving her that IOI. She apparently felt the same desire:
Her: So what part of America are you from?
Me: Jersey
Her: oh really! If you were from the south I would be like :- but since youíre not, I kinda feel more of a connection with you.
Where the fuck are all these IOIís fucking coming from, there is NO reason for them. Iím still rattled from the husband thing and I eject and then I go cry about my chodiness for hours.

NOTES
Iíve been thinking and observing about this for a while. When making jokes or cocky/funny comments, donít make eye contact with the target. It comes across very reaction seeking; imagine hanging with kids who are younger/lower value than you; you just make jokes and donít really make eye contact with them and they laugh from submissiveness and rapport-seeking. It also has something to do with TDís idea of fractionation, where you hit the girlís BT spike and immediately turn away so that 1) they donít think youíre going to take advantage of their spiked BT 2) theyíre afraid of losing you. You can also see Mystery doing this several times in his newest video.

QUESTIONS
What do you make of drunk IOIís? Do you still take 3 IOIs and move into A3? I know the real test of the validity of IOIs is whether they respond properly when you qualify them, but in general for escalation through the 9 steps with a drunk girl, do you just act as if theyíre sober. I.e. do you count the same IOI's, or do you need more or stronger IOI's in order to see the girl is truly interested?