Is this normal for a newb?
    Thanks

As of right now my average approach looks like this:

PUA: Hey, I'm looking for a opinion, I'm headed to the mall right now(FTC), I'm looking for something for X-Mas for my friend Whitney(Pre-select). Her fave color is purple and she likes stuffed animals.

HB: *gives suggestion*

PUA: *Not knowing if I hit the social hook point, I just say thanks and leave.*

I think I know how to transition, if I do hit the social hook-point I'll just say "Where do you go to school?" Then continue with the conversation.

72 Approaches no numbers... Just two name exchanges.

Thanks

"Where do you go to school" instantly telegraphs interest and will get you blown out if you haven't successfully hit A2.

Conjopi: "Where do you go to school?"
    HB: "East."

Where does the convo go from there? Nowhere.

How about this:

"Speaking of Holiday shopping...."

And then roll into a quick little story.

Hustle: "Speaking of holiday shopping....do you have anyone on your list who is like impossible to shop for?"
    HB: "OMG! My sister/dad/mom/goldfish....."

By relating something personal and then asking them if they have a similiar experience (and EVERYONE has someone hard to shop for on their list), you open the door to a conversation. Maybe she goes through the door, maybe not. BUT, it is easier to flow off of than "Where do you go to school?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONJOPI View Post
    As of right now my average approach looks like this:

PUA: Hey, I'm looking for a opinion, I'm headed to the mall right now(FTC), I'm looking for something for X-Mas for my friend Whitney(Pre-select). Her fave color is purple and she likes stuffed animals.

HB: *gives suggestion*

PUA: *Not knowing if I hit the social hook point, I just say thanks and leave.*

I think I know how to transition, if I do hit the social hook-point I'll just say "Where do you go to school?" Then continue with the conversation.

72 Approaches no numbers... Just two name exchanges.
    Sure nothin wrong with that. One change I'd make is to leave her name out to be a little more... indirect.. while putting more emphasis on the word "she."

Somethin' like this.

PUA: Heeeyy, I'm looking for a opinion... I'm headed to the mall right now to search for an X-Mas gift for a friend. Sheeeeeee likes the color purple so I've gotten that far.. and she dresses a bit off.. Maybe I can get her some style this year.. (smile) Oh.. I like that, where did you get that? (pointing at her whatever)

When you hook.

PUA : Hm yeah she might like this... (Looking at her friend) So what do you think of her (whatever) would you get this as a gift?

Depending on her response neg or reward.

If you want examples of more lemme know!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnson View Post
    If you want examples of more lemme know!
    I'd love to have more examples, and how should I reward, and how should I neg?

Thanks

Canjopi:

Where are you using that Opener? Are you using that in clubs? Is that a day game opener?

Here are the problems with your opener as I see it. First of all, you are asking her for her permission to ask her a question.

Then, you are making it complicated, Who cares that you are going to the mall right now?

Why not use a established, canned opener? Ok, I can understand the desire to be original. Where are these women you are approaching? What is the venue/context?

You know you have hit the hook point when she wants you to stay. Why are you saying, Thanks and leaving? So the girl answers your question and says, "Get her a purple dog." Where does that leave you?

The idea is to open with something that has a finite number of responses, so that whatever she says, you can give another response to her that is engaging. So she says, purple dog. You could respond with, "Yah, she is allergic to dogs" and say that with a smile. If she laughs, you could tell her some interesting story.

I suggest you go back to the book Revelations and work on understanding what A2 and A3 are. It is not just open asking a girl an opinion question. It is about saying something in a way that is not creepy and not threatening. Then once you have her attention, it is about telling her some story that is engaging enough so she sees you are safe and cool.

The way to transition is to practice canned material so that you can deliver your A2 material without hesitation and without thinking. You are just walking away after she gives you some answer. Personally, I don't like the opener. It is sort of closed ended. Unless you are targeting girls in their late teens, I don't know who cares about stuffed animals.

I admire you for your tenacity. But, I suggest you learn the Mystery Model and learn some stories by heart.

What age range are you targeting? Where are you targeting these girls? Have you studied the structure of the Mystery Model? Asking her what school she goes to communicates too much interest. Asking her her name communicates too much interest. Open, then tell her some cute little story, and then wait for her to ask you her name.

Try this, maybe, you talk with her without asking her questions. Tell her, "Hey you look like you are an art student." Or "You look like you study ALLLLl the time. Bet YOU never have any fun." Let her respond to you, but don't ask questions, don't interrogate, that makes girls and all people feel uncomfortable. Then you talk with her and at the end try this: Hey, it was cool talking to you, let's continue this conversation again another time. I wonder how we can do that." Then you pull out your cell phone like you re going to enter her number. You create a situation where it is HER idea to give you her number.