be yourself cuz pick up is bullshit (jk but really.)
    Thanks

Pick Up.. IS NOT by any means the solution to your problems and it will Not make you happy.

does that make it a waste of time? hell no, its a learning experience you might not get anywhere else, and you should definitely take advantage if you feel like you need it.

But Let Me Explain How this works...

If your on here.. Its more than likely because you have some sort of self esteem issue.

Now.. when your brain is low on self esteem, it compensates with ego.

Self Esteem is your personal belief in yourself based on how you feel you measure up to your own personal standards based on your own scale.

For Example: I'm a good writer.. Thats part of my self esteem because by MY OWN personal standards I'm Good at writing & Comfortable with my ability to write.

Ego is a logical reason for you to feel self worth...(kinda like a temporary self esteem) Ego is rooted in logic, assumption and perception so its almost NEVER 100% accurate, but it simulates self esteem in situations where your better off with it than without it.

For Example: when you start pick up... you notice IOI's And then you interpret that as interest and feel more compelled to approach because you logically concluded that you had a strong possibility of reaching a desired outcome. Your EGO no longer views approaching as a threat because you feel like the probability of getting rejected is greatly reduced so your ego no longer views approaching as a threat and your mind stops resisting.

Over time... That egotistic response gets diminished & it starts becoming a natural process because you have so many positive references for times that approaches went good in your head, You have developed the self esteem in that area, because your belief in yourself is now based on FACT and Empirical evidence, so it has now became a part of your reality.

the thing is, your ego is like a thin wall made of some bullshit material thats easily broken made to resemble self esteem and your self esteem is like a brick wall somebody would need a DEMOLITION TEAM to take down because its the ROOTS of your IDENTITY itself.. its the FOUNDATION for your reality. (or frame or w.e. u wanna call it) & Its PLANTED DEEP in the fucking GROUND and its not going anywhere.. Your Mind will Resist Anything that Tries to Move it...

When you Lack A Strong Self Esteem, Your Mind Compensates by Using Your Ego To Look for Feed Back from the world Around You And Draw Logical Conclusions for What your Reality Is... So when Your Focus is always On these Egotistical Techniques that all Require certain Feed Back To Validate You, You Will ALWAYS be in an Egotistical Self Conscience State of Mind.. But If You dont have the Ego Techniques, Your Mind Will View Doing What Your Self Esteem Dosent have the Reference Points to Validate as a Threat To Your Reality & RESIST.. Causing that "Out of State" Feeling.. That Lock Up.. Freezing.. Etc. So Its a common PARADOX of the Pick up Artist, that He's Trapped between His Ego And His Self Esteem & Therefore Out of Sync with his true Identity..

The Dynamic Between Men And Women Is Sexual By Nature... It May Be True that Females Pick Their Sexual Partners Based On Their Value, But That Value Is DETERMINED By Your Confidence & Competence.. Everything Else Is Arbitrary.. So the Truth is.. You DONT NEED TO GET BETTER AT PICK UP TO GET WOMEN OR BE HAPPY.. You Need REFERENCE EXPERIENCES that Will Build Your Self Esteem And Strengthen Your Confidence, If You Need Pick up To GET YOU THERE.. Ok, But Its NOT the End, Its the MEANS... The Truth Is, You Always had the Ability To Shape your Reality How You Choose, But Your Self Esteem Issues More than Likely Prevented You From Trying Which Is NORMAL.. Your Mind Is just Resisting so It can Maintain consistency within Its Concept Of Reality.. But that Concept Becomes STRONGER every Time your Forced to Reassert it.. THATS how Naturals do it.. Trial And Error.. Their Reality is Rock Solid Because They've Had To Reassert it So many Times They've EARNED a Focus And consistency With it..

So By ALL means.. CLING to the Techniques.. Do What Makes YOU comfortable.. This IS NOT a race... Not a Competition, Not a Pussy getting Marathon.. Its LIFE.. Whats More Important Than The Ego Tho, Is getting Out there And FUCKING UP... Getting Messy, DESTROYING your ego so You can build it back stronger than before.. And EARNING that Life Your capable of having.

Thanks

Amazing post. I really like it.

When you say, "Be yourself," do you define that as say what you want to say, and do what you want to do?

Thanks

Wow. This was a killer read. I usually lurk, and am a big fan of the game, but tend to have an inquisitive nature as to why I should apply different techniques in different scenarios, and I also know where my breakdown point is. I tend to over think, hence gaming myself out of the scenario. This really put things in serious perspective. Thanks a bunch. Here is a question that seems easily answered, but I have yet to find an execution plan to people's responses.

How can I re-build my self confidence then, to the point where my ego and self confidence can play off each other? It's all mental, but i'm finding MASSIVE mental barriers to overcome. Like comparing even my best of friends to myself to see where I stand when engaging a group of women.

Anyways, Thanks for the write, you have true articulation skills.

Ocean

Thanks

How can I re-build my self confidence then, to the point where my ego and self confidence can play off each other? It's all mental, but i'm finding MASSIVE mental barriers to overcome. Like comparing even my best of friends to myself to see where I stand when engaging a group of women.
    For me, I've found myself the most confident when I sacrifice my ego completely. I humble myself before others. This makes me more likable and trustworthy. This is true strength, because I put myself in a vulnerable position.

Thanks

amazing...thanks so much for writing this. It really makes some things clear that I didn't realize. Like the difference between ego and self esteem. Ego is always hungry and never satisfied.

Thank you.