Mystery is Dirk the Daring!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

DHV story:

"Ever play Dragon's Lair? When I was a kid, I spent loads of money, TWO QUARTERS at a time, playing that game. Not just a computer game, it was the first laser disc game, an interactive cartoon. Amazing. I'd play for hours. I'd even walked a kilometer to the 7/Eleven that had it, just to play. You play Dirk the Daring, valiant knight, on a quest to save the princess from the clutches of the evil dragon. So ... who am I? Am I the evil dragon, Singe? No, I don't breath fire or kidnap princesses. Am I the princess? Hmm, maybe ... No, Im not the princess, I'm not the dragon, Im Dirk the fucking Daring. I slay the dragon. THAT is what I do. I SAVE the princess. THAT ... is who I am. I'm Dirk the Daring.

I have Dragon's Lair in my back pocket now, on my iphone, crazy."

Where are the DHVs?

Mystery.

Thanks

(1) Willingness to emote(I'm assuming you have the right delivery here)
    (2) Protector of Loved Ones
    (3) Ambition, you know what you want and how to get it and don't shy away from effort.
    (4) Riches(money)
    (5) Pre-selection since it is implied that the Princess will fall in love with the heroe.

Almost forgot:

(6) Successful risk-taker(heroes victory is assumed)

Thanks

I see this being delivered with a lot of passion over something nostalgic from your childhood. Along with the connotations of turning yourself into the "white knight" image. But mainly what strikes me here is the passion and the nostalgia.

SFPUA

Thanks

still living in miami?

Thanks

One dhv I want to point out...

is how you emphasize TWO QUARTERS at a time, as if it's a valuable resource, which, it is when you're a kid. Then at the end you say it's in your iPhone now. It shows you made something of yourself, you now have resources enough to nonchalantly have it in your back pocket. I like the contrast principle being used to convey it, it's easier to feel something when compared to something else.

Thanks

Check out page 185 of TPUA I think it touches on this a little.

Also pages 130-131-132.

Thanks

Unless girls are subconsciously programmed to pick up these "DHVs", I think you're all tapping way to deep into this.

When I first read the story, it reminded me of my own youth playing arcade games. That's an emotional connection that I can relate with (and hopefully other people), and far more important than any demonstration of higher value. Maybe it's a little vulnerable, but who didn't love arcade games as a kid? It triggers happy memories.

Thanks

DHV equals Demonstration of Higher Value.

Think about that . . .
    Demonstration
    of
    Higher
    Value.

What in the original post displays higher value?

And yes Czech, women do subconsciously pick up on your value. Haven't you ever heard a girl talk about the "vibe" she gets from a guy?

Thanks

1.) Dedicated
    2.) Role Playing a savior of women
    3.) Empathy with girls
    4.) No supernatural stuff, you're just amazing
    5.) Good memory, won't forget about an encounter that's meaningful

I just had to post this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6135365234407#

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    DHV story:

"Ever play Dragon's Lair? When I was a kid, I spent loads of money, TWO QUARTERS at a time, playing that game. Not just a computer game, it was the first laser disc game, an interactive cartoon. Amazing. I'd play for hours. I'd even walked a kilometer to the 7/Eleven that had it, just to play. You play Dirk the Daring, valiant knight, on a quest to save the princess from the clutches of the evil dragon. So ... who am I? Am I the evil dragon, Singe? No, I don't breath fire or kidnap princesses. Am I the princess? Hmm, maybe ... No, Im not the princess, I'm not the dragon, Im Dirk the fucking Daring. I slay the dragon. THAT is what I do. I SAVE the princess. THAT ... is who I am. I'm Dirk the Daring.

I have Dragon's Lair in my back pocket now, on my iphone, crazy."

Where are the DHVs?

Mystery.
    I think this is only opening since he is only talking about the game and not a real life story..