How do you think ON THE SPOT when your mind goes blank?
    Thanks

How come this happens??? Can anyone recommend some material or exercises on being able to recover when your mind goes blank?

I sometimes 'visualize' the situation and can easily cruise along my routine. This doesn't just happen to me with pickup, it happens with public speaking too. I can go over my speech easily beforehand but once I'm in that position, I just stammer and sometimes there's an awkward silence. Why does this happen? Is it just anxiety? And how can you overcome it? Is it practice, or is there something I'm doing wrong (like thinking too far ahead)?

Also one more question, a friend of a friend of mine was once told by a psychologist (not sure if it's true) that it's possible to "exercise certain parts of the brain" that can "help with spontaneity", anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

kzuu,

if you have your material memorized and polished you shouldnt be blanking out. unless of course you are not relaxed enough. i wrote a nice artical on the blog called "the last hour". follow those steps and then try being very relaxed while your talking, if you stretch to be more relaxed, eventually all of it will fall into place. Let me know if you need any clarification

Syler Guest

You should have a good supply of stock material. I myself don't use bits because I have plenty to talk about. But what ever kind of material you use, you have to have something. It's like a one size fits all sales pitch you use over and over. Just make it your and don't use bits from the internet.

Thanks

What they said.

I don't cos I aim to have material for every situation or if I don't I'll just leave.

The reason for this is that I know from doing thousands of sets that it would go shit anyway unless their state is up 100%. 100% game or nothing is my motto cos girls are remorseless about this stuff. This isn't true after qualification of course but all through the attract phase imo.

Might as well not waste time and just leave and come up with a routine for that contingency for next time.

Thanks

Wouldn't using stock material be awkward in certain situations?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kzuu View Post
    How come this happens??? Can anyone recommend some material or exercises on being able to recover when your mind goes blank?

I sometimes 'visualize' the situation and can easily cruise along my routine. This doesn't just happen to me with pickup, it happens with public speaking too. I can go over my speech easily beforehand but once I'm in that position, I just stammer and sometimes there's an awkward silence. Why does this happen? Is it just anxiety? And how can you overcome it? Is it practice, or is there something I'm doing wrong (like thinking too far ahead)?

Also one more question, a friend of a friend of mine was once told by a psychologist (not sure if it's true) that it's possible to "exercise certain parts of the brain" that can "help with spontaneity", anyone know if this is true?
    There are stories you've told in your past that got a good response. Use these stories again and again and they get tight; congruent. Name these stories in your mind. Write out this list of labels on a cheat sheet (text it to yourself to access while infield) for use when you blank out. The hotter the girl, the more likely blanking out will occur. Then, internalize your cheat sheet so you never have to look at it again. That means getting out and meeting people with your stories. Each story needs to be internalized - recited in your sets until they feel like your safety stories. Blanking out? Pick a story from your list.

I have a suspicion the issue isn't so much finding something to say, but rather not being able to recover from conversational lock-out.

What is conversational lockout? Say you ask someone for the time. They tell you. Now what? "so ... Where you from?" See how one convo thread has ended and in that awkward pause you TRY to keep the convo going? The solution to this is found in multiple threading. In the first 3-5 minutes I will have run 3-5 gambits (stories, humor lines, dhv material, etc), most of which were multi-threaded (a bit of story one, pause it half way through, a little bit of story 2, back to story 1). When a thread ends instead of starting a new thread I just have to say, "where was I? Oh yeah ..." and continue a previously opened and halfway paused story. At the end of the exchange, I'll have at least a couple stories started but not finished so that if I were to say, "wow we have so much to talk about", there is evidence to believe is.

1. Use a cheat sheet (you'll need it when it's important.)
    2. Run those stories so they become your default safety goto gambits.
    3. Multi-thread them conversationally to wholly prevent convo lockout.
    4. Practice infield so your delivery becomes honed.

Think of it this way ... Every dude has to visit the playboy mansion at least once in his life right? It's the Disneyland of the PUA. It's there you need to be fucking calibrated. You need default stories to trust, as youll be facing playboy models and will likely be screaming inside, "holy shit, I've wanked to that girl!" Cheat sheets, default gambits, and practice infield multithreading them will solve things. You can think of this practice as training for the playboy mansion. You'll need it. Without it, I assure you, you won't have the skillset to actually nab a playboy model for REAL.

Thanks

There are stories you've told in your past that got a good response. Use these stories again and again and they get tight; congruent. Name these stories in your mind. Write out this list of labels on a cheat sheet (text it to yourself to access while infield) for use when you blank out. The hotter the girl, the more likely blanking out will occur. Then, internalize your cheat sheet so you never have to look at it again. That means getting out and meeting people with your stories. Each story needs to be internalized - recited in your sets until they feel like your safety stories. Blanking out? Pick a story from your list.

I have a suspicion the issue isn't so much finding something to say, but rather not being able to recover from conversational lock-out.

What is conversational lockout? Say you ask someone for the time. They tell you. Now what? "so ... Where you from?" See how one convo thread has ended and in that awkward pause you TRY to keep the convo going? The solution to this is found in multiple threading. In the first 3-5 minutes I will have run 3-5 gambits (stories, humor lines, dhv material, etc), most of which were multi-threaded (a bit of story one, pause it half way through, a little bit of story 2, back to story 1). When a thread ends instead of starting a new thread I just have to say, "where was I? Oh yeah ..." and continue a previously opened and halfway paused story. At the end of the exchange, I'll have at least a couple stories started but not finished so that if I were to say, "wow we have so much to talk about", there is evidence to believe is.

Think of it this way ... Every dude has to visit the playboy mansion at least once in his life right? It's the Disneyland of the PUA. It's there you need to be fucking calibrated. You need default stories to trust, as youll be facing playboy models and will likely be screaming inside, "holy shit, I've wanked to that girl!" Cheat sheets, default gambits, and practice infield multithreading them will solve things. You can think of this practice as training for the playboy mansion. You'll need it. Without it, I assure you, you won't have the skillset to actually nab a playboy model for REAL.

Thanks

Cheat sheet can be very helpful, trust me. I think you got the best advice. Who else than Mystery himself to answer your question. But personally I think this happens because you might want to rush the material. Just slow down, breath and maybe let her talk a bit, and while she is talking find topics that click, and then go from there, if you go blank. But just learn some canned stories or gambits, that u can pop in when ur mind goes blank. Man, even run another opinion opener that u might have memorized to the heart,

Thanks

Thanks

I took a speech class at College and i learned the best way to make your mind be spontaneous is practice, practice, practice.