Results 1 to 10 of 12
Thread: High School Fashion/Style
08-19-2009, 03:26 AM #1
High School Fashion/Style
Hi there everybody, I'm in high school, and was wondering if any changes need to be made to peacock theory, building your Avatar, ect... The reason why I think changes are necessary is because everybody in high school will try to label you with a certain group, or just label you an outcast. So what are your thoughts on what should be changed for High School.
Thanks and happy posting,
08-19-2009, 03:49 AM #2
High School Fashion/Style
hey im in high school too...i suggest you wear ed hardy if you can afford it with a belt buckle girls love it...hit me up if u have any other questions
08-19-2009, 10:07 PM #3
High School Fashion/Style
yeah man i don't think ill be able to afford ed hardy anytime in the near future. But i have some other shirts of a similar style that cost me a lot less. My other question is: Can you give me a general overview of HS fashion and pickup? Just things to focus on and things i wont need, that kind of thing.
08-20-2009, 06:18 PM #4
High School Fashion/Style
Whoa a lot of high schoolers here. I feel too old...
Anyway, aside from the basics, for starters you must put together a well coordinated avatar for yourself. In deciding what avatar you would like to portray that your target will perceive as attractive? In pick-up the purpose of the peacock or your avatar is to grab your target's attention.
Now moving on to the basic stuff... Your clothes must fit you. That is one of the most important rule in style for me. You can get the most expensive and most fashionable clothes in this world but if it doesn't fit you well then you are no different from anybody else.
BTW, I don't know why you tell girls love Ed Hardy t-shirts. Most of the girls I know totally hate them. I too despise them and anything by Christian Audigier.
08-21-2009, 06:07 PM #5
High School Fashion/Style
Here is a post I wrote on the high school pua forum (http://highschoolpuas.proboards.com/index.cgi)
This shit took me about 7 months to learn, and I learned it the hard way. So I hope you can learn from it. Also man, be stylish. Ed hardy is not style, and for the most part neither is that style of clothing design.
Well we all know that peacocking is a essential in building a sexy image. But not all of us know the specifics of how to actually peacock in high school; for it is very different then real world peacocking, and you have to do so accordingly. Also take note, that in high school, there is a "peacocking progression" that you have to be aware of (more on that later)
Unfortunately in High School, you cant over do it, as you could in the real world. That is the basic idea, now lets get into more details:
Dress for the occasion:
Ever notice how kids in high school have such a bad taste in style? Their clothes don't ever fit, they look generic, and lack sexuality. Less power to them. But here is what you must understand from this: You must dress for the occasion. Because everyone is so under dressed, you can't over dress. Otherwise it looks try hard or weird.
Take notice of your neighborhood:
Where do you live? In a big city, small town/suburbs? If you live in a large city, like Los Angeles or New York, then you can be more expressive in school, and it is acceptable. This is due to the energy and diversity of the city, its a big diverse artsy place. But if you live in a small town, or suburbs then things are totally different. Generally in small towns, its kind of a tighter knitted community, which is basically like a big bubble, and its untouched to their ways. Unlike a big city, where there is tons of energy, diversity and life, small towns are generally generic, and conservative. If you appear different, then your an outsider - which is a huge dlv and people know it, because you are now weird. People in small towns are resentful to change. So know where you live, and work within that boundary. And really, if you live in a big city...dont even worry about social circles and stuff, its more so about life style. There are tons of people to meet, tons of things to do, the only thing school friends would be good for is networking. And its way easier to cold approach and close a girl, then in school.
Before we even get into peacocking, or style, you must understand one thing, it HAS to be CONGRUENT to YOU. What you need to do is, figure out:
1. Who you are (It is said that you are what you constantly do)
2. What you are about
3. What is your outlook on life
4. What are your interests, hobbies, passions
5. What you want to convey
6. What your personality traits are
7. Does that image convey your lifestyle, and your personality and inner self?
8. What are your boundaries and limitations
9. What is your attitude? And what attitude do you want to convey?
10. And do other people CLEARLY know this, and do they know that it is YOU? (This applies only for high school, because in the real world perception is reality, and in high school it is a tight knit community, and you have to really be who you present yourself in order for others to accept and believe it)
Basically, you need to understand and figure out your CORE VALUES, and represent them correctly. What that means is, you NEED to have your inner image fully match your outer image - that of which you are trying to convey. But in order to peacock in high school...you must under stand the peacocking progression
In high school, if you are not on the top of the social scale, then you cant over peacock, or in that case even peacock boldly. If you are at the top of the social scale. Because at that point, you could get away with a lot and it would be cool because you are wearing it, which really is the ultimate goal. To make something that you wear cool, because you wear it. But even if you are at the top, you still cant really go to school decked out in a white suit lol.
If you are on the lower end of the social scale, don't get discouraged. You just cant wear more bold things, but you can still dress cool! Like really cool t shirts and jeans. But nothing too extreme...yet
Which then leads us to the actual progression. First, you must climb that social ladder - I'm not going to tell you how to do that in this post, but you can easily figure that out by reading other posts or asking people about it. But I will tell you that the first step needed is change. You need to change how you look, and how you act. If you keep doing what you've been doing, you'll keep getting what you've been getting. So firstly, you will need to change your image. Then sorry to say, you should ditch your social circle...as they will only pull you down, and want you to be your "old you", because that is what made them happy about themselves. Then your on your own adventure from there.
But there is a catch. CHANGE must be GRADUAL. If out of the blue you totally change your appearance...it becomes awkward say the least. Think of it like this: You are hanging out with a girl on a day 2, and you have never made any kino. Then out of the blue...yougo in for the kiss, awkward. But if you maintained kino, and escalated...then its natural. So it has to be gradual.
You can do this by maybe changing your shoes for a bit, then your shirts, then your jeans. Spread it out a bit. You could throw an accessory in and go with that. Just dont come into school one day in a total new look.
When you are improving your style, you have to be gaining more preselection, which makes pulling off a bolder style really easy; or pulling anything off easily. And by pulling a style off, people are accepting it for who you are essentially.
And actually, I lied, I well help on some more on the social scale part: You see, in a girls mind: Peacocking is awesome, even if your on the lower end of the scale. If you went to an all girls school, this issue wouldn't even exist. But its not the girls which is the problem, its the guys. Its the guys who created this issue. Guys are really tough about this stuff. And at the base of it, you need the guys to accept you. And in order to be as seen really cool with high value dudes, you need to be funny, and to get chicks. But do keep in mind, you won't win every guy over. There are dudes, who will hate you, and your style; but truly they are just frustrated people and fuck them, you wont ever win with them unless you too are frustrated. If you can do that, then you will have it made. And the best way to do that, and which is the easiest way in gaining status, is just gaming girls in school. Hot, ugly what ever. If women love you, then that makes your life so much easier. You will be seen as a cool dude, and guys will accept you, and girls love you...instant buzz is spread, and its the easiest way to become at the top.
What to wear (these are just fashion tips in general)
Now this is a vague topic to cover over a post, as style is different from person to person, and what works for one may not work for you. But as clothing goes, generally here are my tips:
*Keep in mind that FIT is CRUCIAL for clothing, it makes the clothes. So even if that means that you found an awesome pair of pants, but they fit like badly - even if they are exactly your size; dump em.
* And it really also takes some time to actually know what fits best on you, and how to wear clothes. Its just something you have to learn, so I suggest going to the store trying lots of clothing on to see what fits well.
- Tighter the clothes the better (as jeans go, they should fit tight in the thighs, and back side, but it doesn't have to be snug, just make sure it isnt loose or saggy)
- As a rule of thumb for shirts, if the shoulder seem hangs over the shoulder, then it is too big
- Have your belt match your shoes
- For waist sizes on jeans, make sure that it is actually close to you and not excess space; ud be surprised at the amount of people that actually wear jeans that are sizes way to big.
- Accessorize, the only reason accessorizes even exist is to convey sexuality, which they do very well. So collect those accessorizes, and wear em! Too much accessories look bad (do remember to know what to wear as far as accessories go compared to your social status in high school)
- Make the look you are pulling off, not look like you took an hour getting ready. Make it seem that you just threw things together, BUT this does not mean to look sloppy (Great way to do this is to grow some facial stubble - but that doesnt suit everyone)
- Stay far away from mall brand stores, specifically: Hollister, American Eagle, Aeropostal - you get it.
- Learn to make your own clothes, specifically buy at vintage shops.
- If you wear a button down shirt, dont wear a t shirt under it. And go atleast 2 buttons undone.
- Ebay is fucking awesome, GUESS is a really cool store. (If anyone needs stores or fashion ideas please message me ill help)
- Honestly, I highly suggest you invest in atleast 3 good pairs of jeans (If you find them on sale GREAT, guess always has says for 50% off what is currently on sale, and you can always snag a great pair of jeans at the minimum - their jeans fit really well by the way) Good jeans will typically run you about atleast $80+, and what makes jeans good isnt always how they look, but how they fit. And the fit on jeans is so fucking important.
- Generally you want to shy away from main stream generic looking clothes, its boring
- Invest in a good hair cut, which means going to atleast a $30 salon. Shy away from chains, as they just hire anyone with credentials. Self owned salons are the best as they hand pick people who actually are good (note, there are lots of chains that are actually 30$ salons DO NOT GO TO THEM, the people there suck)
- Shave. Take a good close look at your self, if you have a mustache bye bye. If you have any facial hair that is noticeable syanara
- Stay away from those overly tattooed graphic t shirts, like ed hardy and affliction
- Avoid clothing with the brand writen all over it
- Black socks, not white. Black are more sexual
There are lots of great ebooks out there about fashion advice, and basics. Brad P has a good book its called " Brad P's fashion bible". I would really suggest you look into fashion books, it will help you build a foundation on what to look for, I cant emphasize this enough.
Impact of clothing in High School
Here I am actually going to talk about how much of an impact clothes has in school, so if your starting out, you will know what to shy away from (But remember this is only in high school, in the real world feel free to do wateva! And also remember the reason for this whole article is really because of guys, girls think that if you peacock your awesome, but its the dudes who will give you shit, and that doesnt help your status and networking. So really everything goes with chicks, all clothing - you may get shit tested but shit tests are great. Who doesnt like them? If you pass it, you get attraction. If you fail, your ready for it next time and then will pass it)
*This is in no specific order, just numbered it for legibility. I will be rating them as "Low, Medium, High, Major risk"
Low - They are great to wear where ever on the social scale you are
Medium - Higher risk, wear them when you become higher on the social scale, but you don't need to be at the top
High - These will really make an impression. I would only wear them if you are at the top of the social scale, and stably in a popular social circle. THE social circle
Major - I would pretty much avoid these at all costs, but you could wear them in the real world.
* Keep in mind that hanging out with kids from your school, out side of school is NOT the real world. You could wear bolder stuff, but still not too much. Feel free to wear what ever when you cold sarge though, or are in...the real world
1. Rings - high - For some weird reason people really respond weird to rings. So if your starting dont wear them. But once you have good
2. Dressy shoes/boots - major - People REALLY notice these, i'd go with sneakers, but cool ones. Like I have a pair of diesel shoes, and want some leather chucks. So if your starting out, dont wear dressy shoes and boots
3. Blazers - Major - Do not wear these in school, theyre fine for classier environments though.
4. Leather jackets/edgy ones - Medium/High/major - Well this one really depends. Like out of school, its way more accepting, but it depends on the jacket. They have tons of jackets, anywhere from plain looking ones to really peacockish ones. You have to use your common sense, but to stay on the safe side here is a rule of thumb. If it is a material jacket, and its plain, its ok to wear.
5. Warm winter coats - low/medium - Theyre fine to wear really, but if your low on the social scale might wanna think twice.
6. Necklaces - low - Wear these!
7. Piercings - low - generally piercings are low, unless you have guages then eh..
8. Belt buckles - low - Wear these too
9. Good jeans - low - wear them!
10. - Good t shirts (keep in mind a good t shirt runs over 25 bucks usually, and they should fit tight and snug) - low - This should be your bread and butter with jeans, necklace, and jeans
11. Leather wristbands/bracelets - low/medium - These are awesome to wear, but they really make your outfit bolder. Honestly, i'd wait a little to wear silver ones. But just until you are seen as pretty cool. You could wear material ones or anything else right off the bat, and I highly recommend that you do!
12. Button down shirts - low/medium - If you wear them off the bat, and you are lower on the social scale, then you can get made fun of...because I suggest that you wear them unbuttoning atleast 2 buttons. And dont wear a t shirt under . If you do button them, youll just look worst
13. Hoodies - low - eh I dont like hoodies tho
08-26-2009, 11:27 AM #6
High School Fashion/Style
"3. Blazers - Major - Do not wear these in school, theyre fine for classier environments though."
I HIGHLY disagree with this statement. In highschool I got voted classiest because I wore a blazer on a regular basis. Not to say thats a major accomplishment, but if worn right a nice jacket can make you look good. Along with that, another thing I use to do in high school was wear dress pants (usually from a suit), a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a tie, flashy belt buckle and tennis shoes. Sounds over the top, I know, but imo the whole point is to stick out in a good way. Dressing like that won't automatically get you labelled as part of certain clique since its almost upscale generic.
This is a recent picture, not from when I was in high school. Its an example of an outfit I would wear about once a week, use to get me a lot of IOIs and got me noticed a lot:
P.S. F-closed the MILF, who's 18 years older than me, in the picture about a week ago. She was a patient at the clinic I worked at, only gamed her when she came in and 3 days after I number closed her, we were in a hotel. My reason for saying is, she told me what really attracted her to me was the style. Trendy and sophisticated...
08-27-2009, 12:55 AM #7
08-27-2009, 02:53 AM #8
High School Fashion/Style
Eh about 1200 kids? Don't really remember. The way I see it, from a PUA stand point, you should be comfortable standing out. If anything it could help you build comfort in your own skin. Guess it could be like the guys who kill AA by going out in princess costumes and heels in a very public place, just not as drastic. Isn't the point of peacocking to stand out?
08-27-2009, 07:31 PM #9
High School Fashion/Style
fcuk, nice! If I really have to comment on your outfit, I can say it's the tie. The knot is a bit too big in my opinion especially nowadays that suits are meant to be slim. A good old four in hand is enough especially since "it's like you are wearing a suit but not exactly a suit". Other than that, great job.
BTW, I like the vest.
08-28-2009, 07:46 PM #10