Short Stocky Guy
    Thanks

Short Stocky Guy

I'm short and stocky. What luck! And I live in a hot, humid climate. So dressing in jackets or layers don't really work well unless chicks dig you wiping sweat off yourself every few minutes. I've got a decent amount of muscle mass and about 40 extra lbs to lose. It's really hard to find trendy jeans that fit (never mind at 5'5", I still have to get length 28s hemmed).

Anyone have any suggestions for looks that work well with this body type? I can't keep wearing polos and khakis to bars!

Thanks

Short Stocky Guy

Die Hardesque vest is the norm

Thanks

Short Stocky Guy

I know what you mean. I am also not tall. the most important thing is to wear clothes that are slim fit and not baggy. because baggy clothes makes you look short. (sorry for my english, from the netherlands)

Thanks

Short Stocky Guy

I'm also a short guy, and I live in a very very hot city...I found some good tips at "askmen.com" (http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashio...on_advice.html)

TIPS FOR SHORTER MEN
    # Jackets and blazers should fall slightly below your buttocks.

# Avoid wearing blazers or cardigans with more than 3 buttons; these are designed for taller men and will make you look shorter.

# Don't wear your pants too high. Wear them just above your hips for maximum results.

# Purchase pants with a low-rise (a short distance between the crotch of your pants and the top of the waistband).

# Avoid any kind of puckering around the hips caused by full pockets, or tight and badly designed pants. They will make you look wider.

# Make sure your pants break just above your shoes so your socks don't show.

# V-neck t-shirts and sweaters will also make your torso look longer.

# Avoid tucking in baggy tops because they will make you look like an ice cube (wide and short).

And a personal tip : Wear lightweight clothes, especially in hot cities.