thirty-five, never dated, kissed once - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

thirty-five, never dated, kissed once

Quote Originally Posted by Toff View Post
    Thanks, I think maybe with my beard and whitening hair I might look old for my age, I don't know. I need to work on meeting people, my social skills are not too good.
    Personally, if I was in your shoes I would ditch the beard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BackintheGame View Post
    Personally, if I was in your shoes I would ditch the beard.
    Maybe, I think it looks distinctive myself, but I'm not averse to changing. Because it ages me or because a number of women don't like them?

Thanks

new york u lucky sonofagun, there is so much sarging to be done there, good luck!

Thanks

Welcome Toff. I hope everything changes for you the way it has for me. I look forward to hearing more from you. Be sure to update us on your progress!
    Dish

Thanks

I'm in upstate NY actually, biggest city near me is Albany with under 100,000 people.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Thanks

Toff, welcome to the forum. Im the one from www.pickuptara.com who suggested you to come to this great forum.

One suggestion: have you thought about using contact lenses? I use them and i feel so much better without glasses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toff View Post
    Maybe, I think it looks distinctive myself, but I'm not averse to changing. Because it ages me or because a number of women don't like them?
    Leaning towards the age more, especially since you hang with girls in their 20s

Cro Guest

The beard looking distinguished, not so much. I know where you are coming from. When I was the old me, I was overweight and had the same beard to hide most of my face....of course I never realized that, instead I lied to myself that it was distinguished...

I give you the hard truth because you deserve nothing less.

First step of every PUA is to create an avatar....do you know why we do that?

Because we are taking on a life changing journey, and the only way to do that is tabula rasa, a clean slate. How ever, a clean slate with some nice attributes.

What I did was lose most of the extra weight(the rest came off with time), shaved my beard(now however I always have a two day shadow for the tough guy look), died my hair dark and got an expensive haircut.

Next I got a hot girl to take me shopping for clothes and accessories(peacocking)

This process is very hard, you are completely rewriting your identity, and it might take a few tries, because the first version is just a beta version if you will, it took me 4 tries to end up with my current avatar.

I wish you the best on your journey, and thus giving you the first step. Next step is homework, and if you haven't already read the Mystery method, do so. And I might also recommend the PUA Field Guide from my signature.

Best of luck

Thanks

Maybe not distinguished, but distinctive. Not too many guys in these times wear beards. I'm not trying to hide my face with my beard, I keep it pretty short. If I did shave I'd almost have to go with the stubble look as it grows damn fast. Mystery said on the show he isn't a beard hater. But as I said, I'm not averse to changing it.

I bought the Mystery Method audiobook on iTunes. The narrator is kind of annoying; it's a shame Mystery didn't narrate it himself, since it seems to be written in his voice. The first third of it was pretty disappointingly devoid of content so far.

I definitely want to lose weight, I lost about half of what I wanted to then piled it back on after a bad semester. Curiously, weight loss isn't something Mystery seems to emphasize. Nevertheless, it's something I want to do. I have in the past bleached my hair white, dyed it auburn with henna, and done it black. The only look that seemed to get any notice (that I'm aware of) was the white when it was growing out, and a classmate said it made me look wolfen, which seemed to be a compliment. The makeovers on the show seem to change some of the guys for the better, though it also tends to make a lot of them look pretty metrosexual and alike. Maybe if they were using more than just one store.

I'll check out the Field Guide, thanks.

Dwight44 Guest

Toff, here's a recommendation:

Stop reading and get out of the house