Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep for a bootcamp/1x1

Hey guys,
    What kind of prep is recommended before a BC or 1x1? I have been considering either option, but with the amount of cash involved, i want to make sure i get the most out of the session. I read through the forums from time to time, have read the MM, and the new and improved art of seduction, but is there more yet? I emailed in on this subject a couple months ago but got no response. thanks

hi shane.i just took the bootcamp last month.definite life changer.

if you can handle your approach anxiety before hand by doing at least 50 approaches(in my opinion) it will benefit you the most.

just start talking to hired guns and open at least 5 people a day.even if its only single sets in the day.

this will aid you as during the infield the instructors can push you to more important stuff like locking in and further

Comment

unquestionably without a doubt best advice...

from someone who has been involved in lots of trainings

from my own personal experience and that of others

do the best u can to assemble a routine stack that u intend on using at your training!

Comment

Originally posted by subzero View Post
        do the best u can to assemble a routine stack that u intend on using at your training!
        I'd add to that that you probably will want to make sure that they're tried and tested routines (so that you know that any problems are with how you're acting, not what you're saying), and to go out and use the stack quite a few times before the boot camp. Do Mystery's newbie drill so that at the BC they're working on some harder to handle sticking points, rather than just basic beginner stuff. Even two weeks of the newbie drill with a couple set routines that you're using over and over again will make a huge difference for you.

Comment

I'd add to that that you probably will want to make sure that they're tried and tested routines (so that you know that any problems are with how you're acting, not what you're saying), and to go out and use the stack quite a few times before the boot camp. Do Mystery's newbie drill so that at the BC they're working on some harder to handle sticking points, rather than just basic beginner stuff. Even two weeks of the newbie drill with a couple set routines that you're using over and over again will make a huge difference for you.
          well said, that is a very comprehensive answer NS

[B]however anything more than 'some' prep is overkill[/B]

I say this because I personally studied / practice for years only to find out at my first training I was practicing garbage

just do the best you can to put a stack together within say 4 weeks.....

even people who have been trying for years will be SHOCKED how much they thought you know but didn't

[B]all of a sudden it becomes clear why they were lacking consistency[/B]

so don't even try to prep for 6 months.

[B]Do the best you can for like a month or 2 MAXIMUM[/B]

anything more than that will get you very little return on investment, better to learn how to do it right with a trainer after a moderate amount of prep

otherwise you will waste a lot of fucking time practicing based on interpretations that are probably pretty far off anyways
          Last edited by subzero; 03-12-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by subzero View Post
            [B]however anything more than 'some' prep is overkill[/B]
            [B]*NOTE FOR MODS: I'm not sure as to whether or not I'm allowed to mention Stylelife (or any PUA company other than VA for that matter). As such I've written this post in a way that any reference to Stylelife can be removed simply by deleting this paragraph (the first one) and the third paragraph (which starts with "The challenge was the 2012"), and the post will still make sense.[/B]

Well, in particular I was thinking of a two week challenge that I did (and actually managed to win) that was run for free by another PUA company. In this challenge you were supposed to go out and sarge as many times as possible over the course of two weeks. During this challenge you were supposed to use the dental floss opener (minimum 5 sets), the rings routine (minimum 3 sets), the cube (minimum 2 sets), and the evolution phase shift (minimum 1 set), all of which were slowly revealed to you over the course of the challenge (so you ended up approaching many more than just 5 sets). You can then create a routine stack using those (maybe throw in the best friends test, "So how do you all know each other?", an original DHV story or two, and some fluff, and you're good to go). I've been actively doing this for a little over two months now, and I still use rings and the cube a fair bit simply because of how comfortable this challenge made me with them.

The challenge was the 2012 Stylelife challenge, and included great information on how to do the dental floss opener (see below), [URL="http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7E9CI&m=3Vlmp346UsXMxpp&b=oCwpltrr90npBVla8vPGC Q"]rings[/URL], [URL="http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7E9CI&m=3YGIcOTCesXMxpp&b=DmtqwNIRN0iWHOilusb3u g"]the cube[/URL], [URL="http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7E9CI&m=3db1jW3hnYXMxpp&b=VnZWhhRctc6qBE7yVcByG w"]the evolution phase shift[/URL].

The most important part of this challenge is to [B]MAKE SURE THAT YOU POST YOUR FR[/B] from each night. Even if no one responds it's great for you to look over how your night went and keep a log of everything you've done.

Originally posted by Dental Floss Opener
            Whenever you approach a new woman you will have to say something to start a conversation.

But what can you say? What is a good "opener"?

It's important not to over-complicate...keep it basic. A good opener gets a woman talking to you. So avoiding questions with a YES/NO response and instead talking about something interesting is the key.

When you approach a new woman, use Style's classic "Dental Floss Opener" and report on the forum how it worked for you. Here it is:

(remember smile when you approach)

YOU: "Hey, I only have a sec, but I have a really important question. It's life or death. Your answer may change everything forever. (COMEDIC PAUSE) Do you floss before or after you brush?"

WOMAN: (LAUGHING)

YOU: "Seriously, (SMILING) I'm asking you because no one knows what's correct: before or after?"

WOMAN: "Well, I brush before..."

==============================================

WHY DOES THIS OPENER WORK?

This opener will help you get a conversation started and here is why it works. Put yourself in the shoes of the woman you are talking to:

1. ROOT

The first question that runs through her mind when she is approached by a stranger is this:

"Why is this guy talking to me? What does he want?"

The root in an opener communicates from the beginning WHY you are talking to the person. It explains the reason of your approach.

Include the word "because" in your root. People hear "because" and usually accept the rationale after with less questioning.

2. TIME CONSTRAINT

The second question that crosses the mind of anyone who is approached:

"How long do I have to talk to this guy? When will he leave again?"

By embedding a time constraint in your opener, you will answer this question from the beginning. A time constraint looks something like this:

"I have only a minute. I'm already late for a meeting." It also has a second advantage. If you need to eject, you can, say at any time: "I have to run. Pleasure meeting you."

3. SMILE

Always SMILE when opening. A smile conveys that you're non-threatening and fun. Smiling makes it more likely women will respond to your opener.

Comment

[B]@Never Shaken, another good post, lots of value, good advice![/B]
              follow what he said, there is your prepping!

so yes follow that as a prep for a few weeks upto a month

[B]but after that, either take real live training or waste years of your life[/B]

simply look at all of the people on this board who have been a member for years and are still asking questions related to openers and early stage game stuff

get a real coach

commit to continuing to make real efforts on this

and you can in 6 months to a year make HUUUGE strides and actually get consistent results WITHOUT relying on alcohol or your friends to set you up.....you will legitimately be able to do cold approach and convert it into something real

[B]ANYONE can do this if you it right.....

ANYONE[/B]

do it wrong, you very well will either settle or die alone.......no joke

Comment

Lol settle or die alone I love it!

Comment

Thanks guys for your advice, subzero, I'll send you a pm

Comment

Getting Your Ducks In A Row

Getting your ducks in a row as far as I see it simply are.....
                    [B]1) committing that this is important to you[/B]

deciding that you don't want to go another day without taking control of this aspect of your life!

realizing the truth of life......

why are you going to school?
                    why are you working on your career?

its all for more choice in your life! And you finally get that!

you're spending 10/20/50 K for school......and realize that this is a drop in the fucking bucket when you look at the big scheme of life.....

You want choice! And you know this can get you there....

[B]you are ready to make a move![/B]

[B]2) decide on a budget[/B]

this is not actually a difficult decision

just decide on a number that you are comfortable with

then depending on that number you'll have certain trainers available to you!

NO MATTER WHO YOU PICK......you will make some HUGE strides.....

EVERY COACH has their advantages, they all have SOLID skills

so pick a budget you are comfortable with

this is NOT a quote, but most likely you're looking at a minimum of around $2400 for any type of training that includes infield....and that assumes your trainer is local to you (traveling to you costs extra)

For longer term plans or more senior trainers this price will increase significantly, minimum 5K.

[B]There is financing and flexibility in payments so as long as you can make a decent deposit we can work with you[/B]

3. Contact the general sales department [B]or feel free to contact me directly.[/B] I can help you with the sales process regardless of coach, and especially if you are considering working with me.

4. [B]COMMIT TO A DATE.[/B] In some ways this is the most important step of all! Once you commit, your life starts to take shape! Its better to fully commit to a date in 6 months, than to be wishy washy about maybe doing something next month.

5. Once you have completed #s 1&2&3&4 allow proper time to prep (I'd recommend 4 weeks) with ideally 1 phone coaching session a week leading upto this.
                    [B](not mandatory but can be VERY helpful in getting a preliminary stack together). Yes you can try and create a stack by borrowing canned materials or brainstorming based on revelations.....but I shit you not you can get easily double your investment by having someone help you with this prior.

Cause again, you don't know what you don't know.

You will be FUCKING shocked how much you interpreted wrong if you try to do this yourself. If you don't get prior phone coaching, you will instead spend time doing this during your live training as your coach 'corrects' your interpretation. Then of course your live time is wasted doing something you could have done prior....properly. Either way you won't avoid paying for someone to help you with your routine......but better to get that outta the way first. Make sense?[/B]

[B]This coaching should be mostly focused on your openers and routine stack......get that prepared PRIOR to your training. Don't waste your live training thinking of material.[/B]

I have spoken with students that spent 3K without realizing what they were signing up for.....came in completely unprepared....DO NOT DO THAT.

A few extra dollars on some phone coaching prior will go a long way.

Any extra time spent 'reading' / preparing or whatever is a waste of fucking time with very little return on investment.

That is all your ducks in a row!
                    Last edited by subzero; 03-26-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X