X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootcamp Rio de Janeiro Apr 6 - 8

Is this really going to happen? I have the money on the bank and would definitively be interested. But unfortunately VA has a reputation of cancelling events and suboptimal customer service so I want to make sure of a few things.
    [LIST=1][*]How are you going to deal with the language barrier, surprisingly few brazilians speak fluent english.[*]How are you going to choose the venues? I go out regularly here and I know some good places, but there are some(most) where the music is insanely loud were you barely can hold a conversation, will we have a say in choosing the venues or how are you going to choose one? This is really key.[*]Who will be there? On the event link Matador and Discovery are listed, is this 100% confirmed? Who else will be there in terms of approach coaches? [/LIST]
    Last edited by Enigma; 01-21-2012, 01:38 PM.

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
    suboptimal customer service
    nailed it there. Bad rep to have by the way

Comment

Hey Enigma,

Yes it's confirmed and going to happen :-)
      These are 'Regional Camps' meaning they are restricted to 4-5 guys only (1on1 style daily teachings and live infield both nights, No 'seminar only' component - so great value for the 4-5 attending).

Approach Coaches - not confirmed

Unfortunately regarding the language barrier - it will be in English - we have tried translators (100s of volunteers too) but a. it gets extremely costly for everyone and b. spoils the flow. This is counter-balanced in that as it is a very small group we will have plenty discussions and chance to ask many questions too. The 'Regional Camps' are designed to be much more interactive with explanations, demos and group role play practise sessions - so its not like a formal seminar where you are chasing to keep up with what is being said.

Loud Venues - Totally agree with you!!!!
      This has bugged me for past couple of years and we now have a new strategy of going out earlier to more bars and moving around a few venues (much easier to do with a small group than a large Bootcamp) and yes by all means make some suggestions of venues. Sometimes it can prove problematic if we take a students suggestion to then turn up and all his mates are in there to observe as he won't relax and doesn't want to approach people he knows. Our admin team will normally review all the online bars and club reviews and by getting out earlier there is no pressure of being stuck to one venue.

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Discovery View Post
        Unfortunately regarding the language barrier - it will be in English - we
        The problem with the language will not be the attendees(I speak fluent english and I guess so will most attendees according to my past experience with english seminars/BCs). The problem will be when we go out at night. It might be hard for you to demo or to follow a conversation and give accurate feedback. Also some routines don't make any sense, even when translated... for example there is no stripper culture here in Brazil so the stripper name routine is totally meaningless.

Loud Venues - Totally agree with you!!!!
        This has bugged me for past couple of years and we now have a new strategy of going out earlier to more bars and moving around a few venues
        This can be kinda hard because Rio is a huge city and often venues are not close to each other and when you come later you have a big line to get in. So you have to know where you go and be there early.

all means make some suggestions of venues. Sometimes it can prove problematic if we take a students suggestion to then turn up and all his mates are in there to observe as he won't relax and doesn't want to
        I know at least of two good venues here in Rio and I know there usually aren't mates there, reason for this is that I mostly go alone when PUing.

Comment

infos!?

Where is the link about the seminar? How much will it cost? thanks

Comment

Working...
          X