Train with Mystery Get Trained in your city

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
"Daughter's Secret" (could use niece) Comfort Routine - field tested Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Daughter's Secret" (could use niece) Comfort Routine - field tested

[INDENT]I remember one time I went to pick up my daughter from school. She was in kindegarden at the time. I came to pick her up and she was just sobbing uncontrollably. Not little sniffs, but blubbering like she'd just seen a puppy get run over. I got incredibly defensive and wanted to hurt whoever had caused this. I was ready to grab her teacher and make her explain exactly what had happened.

Trying not to imagine the worst I took a knee in front of her and she jumped into my arms and started hugging me and felt her tears getting my shirt wet. I asked her in the calmest voice I could muster, "what's wrong 'Munchkin'?"

Still wracked with sobs, she said "my friend told my secret". I didn't understand at first, but she explained to me that she'd told one of her friends a secret and her friend had told the person it was about and she felt humiliated. I started smiling a little realizing that her problems were temporary and she'd be OK. I was also glad that I hadn't put the teacher in a headlock and asked him to explain what happened.

I still felt sorry for her, but it was then that I realized that I wouldn't be able to protect her from everything in life. She is going to have disappointments and heartbreaks in life, and there isn't much I can do for her other than be there. I let her know that I'm one person who will always try to make her life better, but it kills me that she has to go through those things. [/INDENT]
    This might be useful in A2 as well, but I tend to save it.

Oh I am definitely going to have to use this one! I am interested to know if anyone has tried this, or something similar, and actually had it work? I think I will use niece since I want to play on the women who think I have no kids and I am ready to settle down and make a family so that means I am just now at the maturing stage and can be molded

Comment

Working...
    X