X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another version of "The 5 Questions Game"

So, last night I was watching Style's "5 Questions Game" on YouTube and found it just as hilarious as the girl did. I really liked it because it was really funny, definately had some DHV, and if done right makes the girl feel a little subordinate while laughing. I want to share it with you

(considering its Style, it has likely been mentioned here before)

Here's my version, which I plan on testing very soon. Feel free to try it yourself and let me know how it goes for you.

[b]You[/b]: I wonder if you're a good lier, are you?
    [b]Her[/b]: Haha maybe blahblah
    [b]You[/b]: Ok, I'm going to try the Lying Test with you. Give me your hands, and look straight into my eyes
    [i]*already kino and comfort built*[/i]
    [b]Her[/b]: Ok... haha
    [b]You[/b]: I'm going to ask you a series of questions. You need to look me right in the eye and tell me a WRONG answer and make me believe it. For instance what color is my skin? You'd maybe say purple. Get it?
    [b]Her[/b]: Yeh, sure
    [b]You[/b]: Ok, 6 questions. [u]Answer quickly![/u] *random question*
    [i]*Make sure you state that it's 6 questions quickly, so that she doesn't pay too much attention to it*[/i]
    [b]Her[/b]: *wrong answer*
    [b]You[/b]: *random question*
    [b]You (looking confused)[/b]: Oh, wait... how many questions was that [i]*counting fingers up to 4*[/i]

If she gives the right answer (4) then she loses the game, and you can neg her for that.

If she gives you the wrong answer, you say
    [b]You[/b]: [i]*breaking eye contact and letting go of hands*[/i] Oh damn it, you've played this before haven't you?!
    [b]Her[/b]: No!
    [b]You[/b]: Oh, and you were SO close to winning the game!
    [i]*she will likely throw a tantrum, neg!*[/i]

If she gives the wrong answer to this question #6 (Yes!), she's clearly a pretty sharp girl, but you can at least neg her for being a good lier and that it'd never work between the two of you.

There's a lot of room to improv in this one, and make it as quick and exciting as possible to catch her off guard. I think done to a girl in a 2+ set would increase the pressure on her and make her more likely to mess up. It's pretty fool-proof because there are 2 ways she can lose, and even when she wins, she still loses.

So there's my first contribution to VA. Any $0.02 comments welcome, go try it!

- - - Roo

i like the way you situate the kino here.
    go for it and tell me how it worked out for you.
    iŽll give it a shot, too

Comment

So the only difference is you've added kino and changed the number of questions?

Comment

Originally posted by fcuk View Post
        So the only difference is you've added kino and changed the number of questions?
        Yes, essentially, but I also wanted to turn it around to make it seem like a lie-detecting game. I've tried it a couple of times, and it's worked really well - usually somewhere that's a little quieter than a crazy nightclub

Comment

I haven't field tested this yet but plan on doing so tonight.

Play this game, but on question 4 ask "Do I look like Brad Pitt" (or some other celebrity hunk you might resemble). If they say "no," You can play it off like they mean yes and milk the compliment. If they say "Yes" you can quickly reply "Thank you very much. I like this game!" and move on. Both are easy and funny and they allow you to transition quickly into the "how many questions have we done?"

Comment

Originally posted by AJKool View Post
            I haven't field tested this yet but plan on doing so tonight.

Play this game, but on question 4 ask "Do I look like Brad Pitt" (or some other celebrity hunk you might resemble). If they say "no," You can play it off like they mean yes and milk the compliment. If they say "Yes" you can quickly reply "Thank you very much. I like this game!" and move on. Both are easy and funny and they allow you to transition quickly into the "how many questions have we done?"
            But isn't a subjective answer like that too hard to interpret and will just complicate the game? If she says "no" you take it as a compliment like you said yes, but if she says "yes" then you act like she broke and told the truth? I feel like it gets too complicated and the purpose of the game starts to get muddled.

Comment

The problem i have had with the question game is the following:

- Ask 3 random questions......
              - Ask how many questions we had?
              - She answers 3
              - I say haha you lost
              - then she thinks a sec and says: if the question about how many questions we had was a real question, then we actually had 4 questions, so 3 is still wrong.
              - I was like.......euh.......you played it before?
              - She: noooo
              - Me: haha i got you!

I've had this 2 times out of 8 total, so its kinda a flaw in the game, any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Devin DeStyle View Post
                But isn't a subjective answer like that too hard to interpret and will just complicate the game? If she says "no" you take it as a compliment like you said yes, but if she says "yes" then you act like she broke and told the truth? I feel like it gets too complicated and the purpose of the game starts to get muddled.
                I agree with you Devin, but I think that "complicating" the game in such a way makes it a little more flirtacious - especially if you're holding her hands while you do it. I mean, the rules are pretty simple, so if you shoot off a question that she can't answer without making it sound like she's interested in you (The whole "do I look like Brad Pitt" question) and she loses track of the game, you can just neg her for not understanding a simple game - or just jump to the next question after briefly teasing her 'forced IOI'.

I've had a lot of success with this game since I've posted it, and eventually you can fill in all the cracks after enough practice with it in the field, so that you're [b]always[/b] going into it win-win.

Originally posted by Roland View Post
                The problem i have had with the question game is the following:

- Ask 3 random questions......
                - Ask how many questions we had?
                - She answers 3
                - I say haha you lost
                - then she thinks a sec and says: if the question about how many questions we had was a real question, then we actually had 4 questions, so 3 is still wrong.
                - I was like.......euh.......you played it before?
                - She: noooo
                - Me: haha i got you!

I've had this 2 times out of 8 total, so its kinda a flaw in the game, any thoughts?
                This is why you need to ask more questions, I think that 3 questions is too short anyway. The way I do it is with 6, with the tricking questions included. However, when you first mention "there are 6 questions" (you could even say a 'group' or 'series' of questions), make sure it's descreet and fast so that by the time you reach the trick question, it sounds like you really lost your train of thought.

Although, you mean specifically about the question COUNTING AS one of the questions. When you say "Wait, how many questions was that?", the key word is [b]WAS[/b]; [i]past tense[/i]. I think the 2/6 girls who tried to get you back were really just searching for their last card to play to keep their dominant frame over the set. If girls try to get smart with me during a game, I neg them for "not being fun to play with" - then stack into cold-reading. I think the key is to not dwell on anything if it goes wrong, just keep your alpha frame and charge forward.
                Last edited by Roo; 06-11-2009, 09:58 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Roland;142617- then she thinks a sec and says: if the question about how many questions we had was a real question, then we actually had 4 questions, so 3 is still wrong.

I've had this 2 times out of 8 total, so its kinda a flaw in the game, any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

The flaw is not in the game but you're response. When she thinks for a second, and responds like that. She's clearly being overly mental. Don't even get into it. The game is already over, by you continuing the game, you bought into the frame of her response.

HER: if the question about how many questions we had was a real question, then we actually had 4 questions, so 3 is still wrong.
                  You: Lol u're craz-e, note to self no more fun games for eggheads ... Hey you ever see that show "Are you smarter then a 5th grader .... (jump to anotha topic)

If u develop a game, u decide the rules .. simple

Comment

Roland, "How many questions WAS that?" Not "How many including this one?"

Lol. I like the idea tho. If she understood the whole game and won it, I'd reward her with a hug tho, I wouldn't neg her. She's sharp, and that's huge for me. i'd say "Wow! You're the first person to ever win that game! You're pretty sharp. You get the prize!" give her a quick hug then push her off and say "alright, that's enough, this ain't cheap, ya know". I know the neg is key, but i would've probably already negged, and being smart is good behavior. I reward good behavior. Just my opinion tho.

Comment

What if shes answers No to never playing the game. You call her out and she says that she has before and that why she said no. You didn't ask her before you started. This has happened one night sarging.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow74 View Post
                        What if shes answers No to never playing the game. You call her out and she says that she has before and that why she said no. You didn't ask her before you started. This has happened one night sarging.
                        To prevent that from happening, you have to ask her before you start the game if she knows of it or if she's ever played it before.

Comment

Working...
                        X