X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry/Mad at me

So...i dont really want to go into detail and i want to make this a general question . Anyways, what should you do if someone's (guy or girl) mad at you and has been calling you names recently? Like he/she not only give you the slient treament, but has been pretty hostile to you.

From what i know, i am suppose to not care that much because it shows that I highly value the relationship right? Any other strategies or advice.

Ultimately, it depends on what you did to deserve it.

An appropriate reaction depends a lot on context. Acting unaffected could be the absolute wrong thing to do. Doing nothing could allow your reputation to be tarnished, which could hurt you badly in the future.

Comment

If they are mad at you because you unintentionally hurt another person, or committed a serious social violation, then the gentlemanly, high-value thing to do is to apologize for your mistake, and move on.

If they are mad at you because you deflated their ego or they're being petty/mean/antagonistic, then being nonreactional is often a good route. Take the high road.

If you don't understand WHY they're mad at you, then you need to find out why they're feeling that way, then react appropriately.

Comment

Working...
      X