X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• response to "like you'd call me"

I had a brief fling with this girl a couple years ago but then we mostly stopped talking.

She recently invited me to a group saying that she lost her phone, and needed people's phone numbers, and i noticed I was one of like 60 people involved (which means she didn't just blindly invite people, she chose me) so I thought it was strange, considering we hadn't spoken in awhile.

I sent her a message saying "I'm not in town right now, but if you give me your phone number I'll call you when I'm back"

she replied " (Number) like you'd even call me"

So obviously she feels like I've shut her out in the past. Maybe I intimidate her. I don't know what. But I don't have a particularly cute/witty reply to this.

HB: Like you'd ever call me.
    YOU: AW, that's so cute, you miss me. You should try to be more positive, I'll call you when I'm in town.

If she make the "like you'd ever call me" comment WHILE giving you her number, it's a ST and a way for her to passive aggressively express to you that she's unhappy that you haven't called her more.

To quote Decibel: "She wants the penor."

So give it to her.

Comment

yeah she always has. i just did a bad job following up the first time i closed her, so.... she's a little ticked i imagine.

Anyway I replied with: "hahaha so you miss me huh? but i really didnt have your number so there was 0 chance of me calling until now. im coming back in like early may though, we can catch up!"

and she replied to THAT with: "don't flatter yourself
      guess i'll see you in may"

Comment

I can't tell if she's flirting with you or actually doesn't like you.

Comment

She wouldn't have replied if she didn't like me. Or even if she would have, she DEFINITELY would not have put a winky face.

Comment

well she is just upset you haven't put more energy into it.. go with bangbangs idea and be high positive energy and sensitive with her..

Comment

Well i replied to that with:

Me: but it's just so easy to flatter myself!! hah okay but really, are you making fun of me when you haven't even seen me in like 3 years? what's UP with THAT

Her: not my fault you went MIA

I've found in situations where you really did blow it by not calling her back, it's better to just be up front about it.

So I said...

me: yeah you're right, it was my fault. i couldn't keep up with my secret life as a superhero haha! i cant wait to be back in LA though, except that the weather here just started getting awesome. i just bought my tickets. may 8th! won't you be in school til like july?

her: i end early of june, where are you anyways?

and so the real conversation begins hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by shagnscoob View Post
                Her: not my fault you went MIA

YOU: Oh damn! How did you find out about Mia!?!

Comment

Well I would have been more playful with her if she was a new acquaintance, but sometimes it's better to man up and take responsibility. Show her you can be mature and open about mistakes you've made. Of course tell a joke after that though.

Comment

Originally posted by shagnscoob View Post
                    Well I would have been more playful with her if she was a new acquaintance, but sometimes it's better to man up and take responsibility. Show her you can be mature and open about mistakes you've made. Of course tell a joke after that though.
                    Your joke sensor must be off, entertaining myself with what popped into my head at the time I read your post, not so much make suggestion as to what you should have said, that part looked fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X