Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh c'mon, better herpes than warts. A pill a day, or liquid nitrogen on your cock every two months? Let's be rational here...

Although 'clean' is still my preferred status...

Comment

Originally posted by FourRightChords View Post
      . . . .But, to address the initial question. A latex condom can, in fact, prevent transmission, under the condition (one of those ''if and only if'' scenarios) that all affected areas are covered. If she's on daily suppressive therapy (Valtrex, I think) she's a LOT less likely to spread it, especially when --not if-- you wrap it up.. . . .At least this one told you up front.

I will never forget when a guy I was dating did NOT tell me he had herpes until I asked directly about any STD exposure (he had used condoms consistently with me and thank god I hadn't gone down on him yet). Made a bee line to the doc's office and was just freaked. My doc said that you almost have to have a latex suit... Total safe sex practices even with oral sex is critical.

Thank GOD I was healthy (and am healthy to this day!). Knowledge is power. This woman had the total decency to tell you. That had to have been tough for her. Because she is terrified of rejection. That nobody will ever love her. That her options and chances of love and happiness, and maybe even children someday, have been shattered. (not saying this is true, but I remember what went through my head before the test results came back).

If you honestly like this woman as a person, then become very well educated on the topic (as the guys here have suggested) and make an educated decision that is really best for you.

all the best,

gitr

Comment

Originally posted by Hipshot View Post
        During comfort, still at the pickup location, she tells me her last BF gave her genital herpes and she's afraid she can never have sex again without spreading the infection. I didn't know what to say except that we'd figure it out together and where there's a will there's a way. Are condoms good enough? Just wait until there's no outbreak? Can either of us safely do oral? Can she give me cold sores from kissing? How long do symptoms take take to show up? Where would I look for the medical info? I hate to pass her by, partly because she's way hot, and partly because I really like her honesty. Any ideas?
        Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you? Why the hell would you even REMOTELY consider persuing this? That sounds very AFC-ish. Oh, and I don't give a shit about what sd007 had to say, it still is NEVER worth it even if she's the "one".

Comment

Originally posted by Girl_in_the_Room View Post
          I will never forget when a guy I was dating did NOT tell me he had herpes until I asked directly about any STD exposure (he had used condoms consistently with me and thank god I hadn't gone down on him yet). Made a bee line to the doc's office and was just freaked. My doc said that you almost have to have a latex suit... Total safe sex practices even with oral sex is critical.

Thank GOD I was healthy (and am healthy to this day!). Knowledge is power. This woman had the total decency to tell you. That had to have been tough for her. Because she is terrified of rejection. That nobody will ever love her. That her options and chances of love and happiness, and maybe even children someday, have been shattered. (not saying this is true, but I remember what went through my head before the test results came back).

If you honestly like this woman as a person, then become very well educated on the topic (as the guys here have suggested) and make an educated decision that is really best for you.

all the best,

gitr

Im pretty sure its illegal to have sex with someone when you know you have an STD and don't tell them about it, so you can sue the person. There is no cure for herpes right now but there are some things that can help treat it. It is a reoccuring virus that comes and goes every so often but you can never get rid of it... so a lot of ppl with herpes usually date other ppl with herpes because it stops the spreading

Comment

reminds me of an iron maiden song....

RUUUUN TO THE HIIIIIIILLLS
            RUUUUUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFES

Comment

Yeah, the reaction should be running the fuck away like you would from a gang of retarded gay monkeys with HUGE cocks that are attacking you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vision View Post
                Yeah, the reaction should be running the fuck away like you would from a gang of retarded gay monkeys with HUGE cocks that are attacking you.
                And want to rip your dick off, cuz that's what's going to happen!

HEADLINES: Herpes cause of ripped off dicks escapade.

Comment

D-D-D-D-Double Post

Comment

One of my good friends dropped a guy like a bad habit who she considered smoking hot after he told her he had herpes. Having herpes for a guy can almost be a death sentence to his sex life. Yeah, Herpres is the gift that keeps on giving...the gift of not getting laid over and over again!

Comment

Cold sores or genital herpes?

Comment

Doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot. Any oral contact, and those cold sores become lesions on your equipment. Almost makes me feel bad for the shallow bints in high school who'd hook up with the most diseased football players known to man...

Comment

Wow, lots of hysteria in this thread. Ok, let's try to be calm and logical. Everyone take a deep breath.

As mentioned about 22% of people have HSV-2. Of that 90% do not even know they have it. If you are going to be a PUA and wrack up a high body count you are going to come into contact with someone who has it and who does not know. That is certain.

Now this particular young woman was aware enough to know she had it, and, furthermore, nice enough to tell you. That is very good. For one thing there are medicines like Valtrex which can cut the transmission risk in half. Condoms are believed to cut the risk by another half. But what is the base transmission risk? It is very low. Even if you had unprotected sex with for a year with someone who had it, you would only have a 5% chance of acquiring it. So if you add in Valtrex, only a 2.5% chance per year, and if you use condoms on top of that, you are probably looking at a 1% chance over a year. If you just plan to bang her two or three times can divide by that 1% chance by 30 or so.

Personally, I would feel safer with the particular young lady you mentioned than with a random woman who may have it (25% chance!) but not know, and not take precautions. And you would fuck a random woman who was hot enough, but wasn't sure (hadn't tested negative), right?

Next, note that herpes is a very minor problem. It is often completely asymptomatic, and for those with symptoms they are usually so minor it goes unnoticed. That is why 90% don't even know they have it. Doctors are pretty indifferent to the whole thing due to the lack of severity. In fact, unless you specifically ask for an HSV test or mention symptoms, it won't be tested for. (Our local STD clinic is one the best in the country/world, and did not test me until I specifically asked for it.)

With regard to severity although I don't have HSV-2 or even HSV-1, I do get canker sores about 4 or 5 times a year. I would consider HSV much less serious than that. The only real problem is the stigma.

Objectively, if you are going to limit yourself to those who have tested negative (so you know for sure) you are probably cutting out [I]at least[/I] 95% of the women (my guess is it is more like 98%).

Personally I think this all falls under "acceptable risk". In your case, since the woman was aware and told you, that was definitely the case. Many with HSV-2 who know it will have sex without disclosing. Especially in a ONS situation. I think it shows a great deal of strength of character from her and care for you that she told you.

Finally, this suing people is all non-sense. For one thing you would have to prove you got it from her. Good luck with that. If you got it, who the hell knows who it was from? Even if you could prove that then you would have to prove that she knew. (Again 90% don't.)

Comment

Definitely avoid her. It might hurt her feelings that you reject her but that's nowhere near as bad as getting an STD as you don't want her to feel bad about herself.

Just be polite about it, I'm sure she feels bad enough as it is.

If nothing else, do you honestly think she would have sex with you if you had herpes?

Comment

I have seen case law on that where the person that was given herpes won since the girl did not disclose she had herpes. the court found that he would not have consented to sex if he had known she had herpes. she has to disclose that she had herpes for legal purposes, I suppose for the rest of her life. I doubt many are aware of that; 1 in 4 girls have it. Its unfortunate, because 40million US persons have herpes according to the article sighted above, and there is no known cure. I suppose it would be hard to get medical records showing that she knew from a past STD medical check, and a test on your part showing you did not have the same exact disease. But it has been done, and the guy won. I prolly would not have sex with a girl that I know has herpes, but I have not done much research, and proper condom use and washing after sex with hot soap and water may reduce the chance of contracting herpes down to a very low percent, especially if she is taking valtrex. Not sure if your still around from your original post, but anyway good thing she told you so you can decide on your own regarding sex.
                              Last edited by Happy Dude; 02-01-2008, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I did a lot of research on this and found there is a huge group of people who have either

a) permanently eliminated their herpes
                                b) managed to prevent every outbreak from being anything annoying at all

using natural methods.

This is one of those things that you read about in the unscrupulous Kevin Trudeau's "Natural Cures" book. He's just capitalizing on the massive natural healing movement, but natural methods can and do cure serious diseases.

Fox News. Two Men cure themselves of AIDS.
                                [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=weVy0m7OYk0[/url]

Real deal Natural Healer describes 1000s of patients curing themselves of herpes.
                                [url]http://web.archive.org/web/20061115072509/http://healingtools.tripod.com/thns12a.html[/url]
                                [url]http://web.archive.org/web/20061115072202/http://healingtools.tripod.com/thns12b.html[/url]

I'm not up for the whole debate on allopathic vs holistic healing, take it as it is!

peace
                                Last edited by Saul Goode; 02-03-2008, 08:27 AM. Reason: oops...

Comment

Working...
                                X