X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out our new Blog

We've just started up a Venusian Arts Blog...

[url="http://www.venusianarts.com/blog"]VenusianArts.com/blog[/url]

Check it out and tell all your friends :-)

Will check it out

Comment

Awesome. Bookmarked.

Comment

I have a question about the blog pertaining to the lawsuit.

Doesn't the fact that The Mystery Method is incorporated mean it is a seperate legal entity from its creator? Incorporating a company means it becomes its own legal "person" and means a transfer of ownership can easily take place. And since Mystery was the one who "left" (by choice or not) to join The Venusian Arts company mean ownership had to be transferred to someone else, assuming Mystery had complete 100% ownership in the company to begin with? Or did he retain ownership?

Mystery, as an individual, had ownership of the [url]www.mysterymethod.com[/url] website. Then the Mystery Method became a company and a seperate legal entity. Then the company moved to [url]www.themysterymethod.com[/url], where ownership, I believe, would belong to the company since it was a purchased property of the corporated entity.

I know all the facts might not be straight and probably not discussable but since the lawsuit is over ownership this kind of information would be related.

One last note, the idea of Mystery's methodology obviously belongs to Mystery. But does the expression of these ideas, in the form of tangible products (like the e-book and interview series), belong to him or the company that produced them? This is an obvious complex issue and I'm curious how to plays out.

****I would have commented this on the blog and not the board but the blog-site wouldn't let me. And considering I only have 1 post on this board, I want to make clear I have no affiliation with MM so I don't want this post to come off as someone from their side trying to make a point. These questions were asked out of curiousity.

Comment

Ok. I'll tell ALL my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesche View Post
            One last note, the idea of Mystery's methodology obviously belongs to Mystery. But does the expression of these ideas, in the form of tangible products (like the e-book and interview series), belong to him or the company that produced them? This is an obvious complex issue and I'm curious how to plays out.
            Pickup101 uses a lot of Mystery Method's techniques and terminology. Some people even claimed that Lance just rehashes the indirect method with more banter and a bit of direct game thrown in. They have Art of attraction, art of rapport and art of seduction workshops. If anybody was to be sued ,it would be them.

Lovedrop, what is wrong with anybody suing Mystery? Is Mystery above the law? From Masters' post, it seems that Matador has been doing some illegal things and he is being sued too.

Nobody is above the law. Let justice decide and try not to be emotional about all this.

I dont care if Mystery is the greatest pick-up artist or that he's so famous. Even in 2006, he did little for his company(mystery method) when he was still associated with it. And yet people kept attending the bootcamps and buying the ebook.

As long as the customer wins in the end, i'm happy. This propaganda is sickening me. It would have been better that you guys keep things 'in the dark' until you resolve them. And by the sound of it, it is getting dirtier and dirtier.

I was also on the attract and date forums(direct method forums) and the same shit is happening between shark and robert torrey. A lot of childish quarrel and bitterness. is this coincidence?

Comment

LD,
              if i'm reading this correctly, no one's going broke, being castrated or being forced to turn celibate when this is over.
              all the best for both party's - you guys do your jobs well. sometimes, shit flies... you guys are tough and will survive.

best wishes and luck in your difficult times,
              Sting

Comment

Originally posted by Caesche View Post
                I have a question about the blog pertaining to the lawsuit.
                I'm a lawyer, so I'll try and clear up some of your questions. I don't have all the details, so my answers will be general.

Doesn't the fact that The Mystery Method is incorporated mean it is a seperate legal entity from its creator?
                Yes, it would mean "The Mystery Method" is a seperate legal entity.

Incorporating a company means it becomes its own legal "person" and means a transfer of ownership can easily take place. And since Mystery was the one who "left" (by choice or not) to join The Venusian Arts company mean ownership had to be transferred to someone else, assuming Mystery had complete 100% ownership in the company to begin with? Or did he retain ownership?
                Transfer of ownership would require a contract. Starting another company does not affect your legal ownership in another company. You could own 1000 companies if you wanted to. From what was written in the blog it sounds like Savoy took physical control of the business assets and now won't release them despite Mystery exercising an option in a contract to let him go.

Mystery, as an individual, had ownership of the [url]www.mysterymethod.com[/url] website. Then the Mystery Method became a company and a seperate legal entity. Then the company moved to [url]www.themysterymethod.com[/url], where ownership, I believe, would belong to the company since it was a purchased property of the corporated entity.
                Essentially this is correct. IF the website was purchased by the Mystery Method company, then it is property of that company.

One last note, the idea of Mystery's methodology obviously belongs to Mystery. But does the expression of these ideas, in the form of tangible products (like the e-book and interview series), belong to him or the company that produced them?
                This will depend largely on whether Mystery produced the material before or after the company was created. If the material was produced after the company was created and for the purpose of company business - the courts could determine it is the property of the company. I wouldn't worry too much though since I doubt Mystery relinquished any ownership rights in the company.

I have no idea what is written in the business agreement where Mystery can exercise an option to cancel his business relationship with Savoy. It sounds to me like Savoy put in a lot of time and effort into the business and for reasons that could be perfectly legitimate Mystery has decided to end his business relationship with Savoy. Now, Savoy who probably thought of himself more as a partner than an employee wants a piece of the pie before being shuffled off into the dark, cold world of unemployment.

The thing I am most concerned about is that the Mystery Method relies upon Mystery's work and fame to exist. Without Mystery, there is no Mystery Method.

-edit- Oh, and as a side note, that stuff Masters wrote about a "felony lawsuit" is pure crap. There is no such thing as a "felony lawsuit." He is mixing up criminal law with civil law and he doesn't know the difference. There's no way on Earth the government would get involved in a civil dispute like this. They can report stuff to law enforcement agencies and prosecutors all they want, but they have much better things to do than investigate a run-of-the-mill business squabble.
                Last edited by PLuvrr; 02-19-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I think this is a really simple matter that it's beign complicated by technicisms and legal bullshit.

He started the company. He created the method. That company would not exist if Mystery would not have been there to nurture it and offer his bootcamps and his revolutionary way of teaching how to pick up women live.

It's called "Mystery Method". Ergo, it belongs to Mystery.

Comment

To Nox - it's a lot more complex than that.

To PLuvrr - thanks for clearing some of that up.

I've recently read the case file. It's available on Attraction Chronicles, I believe, if you want to check it out.

One thing that stands out to me from the issued complaint is the fact that Mystery and Savoy signed a contract splitting the company 50-50. However, Mystery's 50% ownership was contingent on him becoming an US Citizen. To date, he still isn't one. So currently, Savoy has 100% ownership of the company. Other illegal activity is described in the file that may hurt Mystery's chances of becoming a 50% partner if he does get US Citizenship. Than again, it may be inconsequential depending on how this current case turns out.

Also, the business agreement was a manager agreement not related to the company ownership.

Comment

To Caesche:

Thanks, I took a look at the complaint. Yeah, that looks like a mess. I doubt the court will find any illegal activity by Mystery. There's no way - it was a joint venture. There may be some compensation losses owed to the MM corp., but nothing substantial. There's also nothing in the contract requiring Mystery to become a citizen to retain any ownership rights. That's part of the complaint's alleged "oral" agreement. Getting any evidence of an oral agreement to modify a written contract is an uphill battle to say the least. The complaint always looks good for the plaintiff - it is designed to skew the facts in the plaintiff's favor.

That was a piss poor Agreement and if an attorney wrote that he or her should be shot. I don't even think joint venture agreement forms are that bad. But.... that's why they are in court now.

I'll tell you one thing - if this actually goes to trial, I want to see it. Should be fun.

Comment

The blog had an email problem that screwed up new user registration.

For those of you who already created accounts, I erased them during the fix and you will have to re-register. You understand.

The good news is that comments should be working now.

Also I just updated the blog FYI.
                        Last edited by Lovedrop; 02-23-2007, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Any updates on the status of the new ebook? I remember that it was originally planned for a 1Q2007 launch. Is it going to be pushed back?

Comment

awesome blog

Comment

Hmmm interesting blog. But, aint able to post my comment on it. Lovedrop...Is there a catch?

Anyways wanted to comment on the Project Miami topic...that is awesome...can we get more news about it? Makes a lot of fun read and also motivates the hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X