X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang for the buck

How I've cut my monthly costs in half and doubled my fun.

I needed to get my finances in shape, and came across a wonderful book "Your Money or your life" MUST READ.

Anyways, it made me look at my spending habits as an extension of myself, was my spending congruent with my habits? I noticed I extension my weekends at a upscale nightclub with friends but never really enjoyed the scene, while wasting alot of money.

I decided it was time to be honest with myself, I found a dance club (more daft punk, funkier music), which is a club that I would not be caught dead in a year ago for fear of wondering how people would think of me.

In the course of 2 weekends, I've had so much fun that I got to know the bouncers, the DJ and bar tenders. That translated into Free cover. I did not have to fake a smile, or try to act confident. I realized that the new club's environment actually put me in such a good mood, that I could walk up to any girl, and just say 'hi'.

Last weekend - 4 # closes, 3 k closes, and the last k close was with a HB9 I've been crushing on hard for months!

And I'm probably never going back to the gino clubs I used to go to.

What's the point?

Don't be afraid to try out a new venue, especially if it seems out of character for you. My mistake was allowing my image to solidy as a guy that would only go to a certain type of club, or chill with a certain crew.

Feel free to break free!!! I went out alone the first weekend, and now they know me by name when I walk into this club.

Don't be afraid to shake things up, your image, friends, what not.

Let me break down the costs

The old club

Cab with friends $10
    Cover $10
    Drinks$40

Overall satisfaction for the night 5/10

Bus fare $2 (much closer to my place, no need for cab)
    Cover free
    Drinks $15

K- close with the dream girl - Priceless.

None of it would have happened if I did not try something new, so fellas,try something new, and also read the book, it's changed my life for the better.

[url]http://www.amazon.ca/Your-Money-Life-Vicki-Robin/dp/0143115766/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280105160&sr=1-1[/url]
Working...
X