Train with Mystery Get Trained in your city



Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Getting a Job Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting a Job

    i just a got an incredible new job.
    had this theory before going to the interview..

    for 2 weeks straight i went out EVERY night..
    wanted to do this to get my social skillls TIGHT.
    didn't mess with even trying to do my other job.
    just went out. woke up went out. repeat repeat.

    and i'll be damned if i wasn't feeling so smooth and confident in the interview.
    HIRED. ME. ON. THE. SPOT.
    went from making about 25k a year-
    to now having a 90k salary. company car, benefits, i travel everywhere.

    anyone else had a similar experience?

  • #2
    Originally posted by diablo View Post
    and i'll be damned if i wasn't feeling so smooth and confident in the interview.
    Now . . . keep that up so the house of cards doesn't fall

    Make it real.

    Comment


    • #3
      That's awesome, congratulations. Just another example of how PUA can benefit other areas of your life.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good point, and congratulations on the job!!!
        Hired you on your mojo!! That is really cool.

        My story: I had to give a presentation to get the job.
        I rehearsed and rehearsed and when I was sick of rehearsing I rehearsed some more. I found that when giving the presentation I was not only better at it, but I could pay attention to body language and IOIs.

        One guy was sitting back with his arms crossed so I asked him to look at page 5 of the notes I gave him. He leaned forward and became involved!

        I never, ever thought about how it was similar to being in set!!

        I love this site sometimes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well Done!

          Haha thats brilliant man!

          You took a risk and it payed off! Respect! Fear is what holds too many of us back. But you had a plan, went for it and succeeded. You did many what most people can't. You deserve it.

          Whats the new type of job? If you dont mind me asking. It sounds good.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by diablo View Post
            i just a got an incredible new job.
            had this theory before going to the interview..

            for 2 weeks straight i went out EVERY night..
            wanted to do this to get my social skillls TIGHT.
            didn't mess with even trying to do my other job.
            just went out. woke up went out. repeat repeat.

            and i'll be damned if i wasn't feeling so smooth and confident in the interview.
            HIRED. ME. ON. THE. SPOT.
            went from making about 25k a year-
            to now having a 90k salary. company car, benefits, i travel everywhere.

            anyone else had a similar experience?
            Sorry diablo but I don't think going out sarging can make you a
            better skilled worker or give you any experience whatsoever
            in your field of work. I do understand it can make you a more
            sociable and pleasing for the interview, but people are not looking just for that in a candidate.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by arkangel View Post
              Sorry diablo but I don't think going out sarging can make you a
              better skilled worker or give you any experience whatsoever
              in your field of work. I do understand it can make you a more
              sociable and pleasing for the interview, but people are not looking just for that in a candidate.
              you don't know what field I work in arkangel.

              sales.

              and what is getting laid? selling yourself.

              now, how can you say "this isn't going to work."
              ...WHEN IT ALREADY WORKED.

              Comment


              • #8
                @arkangel just sounds like a hater.

                Good job @diablo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by diablo View Post
                  you don't know what field I work in arkangel.

                  sales.

                  and what is getting laid? selling yourself.

                  now, how can you say "this isn't going to work."
                  ...WHEN IT ALREADY WORKED.
                  Sales is an excellent comparison with PU, and the sarging
                  can help you refresh many concepts used on sales.
                  I remember I went through a hiring process early this
                  year for a Sales Management position. The exam presented
                  me with an incredible amount of sales situations that could
                  be very well adapted to PU. To bad I couldn't steal the exam
                  for this purpose.
                  Unfortunately I didn't get the job b/c the position was already
                  given out. Bastards, they could have told me that from the beginning and
                  I wouldn't have lost about 5 precious hours of my life!!!

                  Anyway, I thought this post was going to be about tips on getting
                  a new job, how to make your resume better or things like that. Guess
                  I'll have to find another thread.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X