Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Fortune with FOREX

ě Ó JFIF – –  ■ ČLEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01  █ „
    Last edited by Rodehard; 05-13-2010, 09:52 PM.

I don't understand the foreign exchange enough to make it a wise investment. Plus, the world seems unstable in too many places.

But, I invest in NASDAQ and DOW stock exchanges. I had been in forever, but fincial strains of a divorce caused me to get out for a year.

I started back up a few months ago with $200. I bought AIG at $0.30 and sold it when it hit $2.10. I bought C around a buck and sold it for $2. I then bought NIHD at $13 and sold it at $18.

i then put 30% into SLV and GLD. Within a month, my stock investments kept rising to the point my GLD and SLV purchases were 10% of the whole.

Last week, I pulled everything out of stocks on an educated guess that they were taking a beating this week and next.

I'll let my stash sit in cash funds for the time. Then, I will be back with a furvor.

My advice for anyone is to not invest more than you can walk away from. How much can you leave sitting on a park bench, walk away and never go back to get it? How much money can you burning to light cigarettes?

That is how much you invest. Sure, if you started with more, you could make more money faster. But, if you invest more than you can walk away from, you will spend every waking moment worrying about your money.

Instead of seeing your investment as money needing a return, look at it as your entry fee to play.

Also, before you can expect to get any money back, make sure you learn some about trading, or you will be nickel and dimed to death by fees.

Comment

ě Ó JFIF – –  ■ ČLEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01  █ „ ě Ó JFIF – –  ■ ČLEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01  █ „
      Last edited by Rodehard; 05-13-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

No, I am an entertainer as well as a computer programmer. Maybe once I get confidence in my skills, then I may go trader for a living. I do it mainly because I know how many people are motivated and trade based on what I expect their reaction to be.

I was in for several thousand at one time. My divorce, and the load of bills my ex piled on me caused me to start from square one again.

I know foreign exchange is a money maker and heart breaker, but I don't understand it enough.

Comment

Comment

Awesome, i came on here today to make a post to ask about FOREX trading and how i need to get started, when i was going to click on the wealth forum your post was the most recently posted

So your reccommending Anthony Robbins Personal Power II, and Time of Your Life series to get started then?

Comment

Last edited by Rodehard; 05-13-2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

ahh see i opened a practice account on forex before but never really got the time to use it, they'll let me open another 1 right?

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Rodehard; 05-13-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I spoke with two men I respect greatly on their opinion of Forex. They have studied it and understand it quite well. One is of the opinion that it is too complicated for him to pursue. The other is unsure of the stability and that is why he is playing it safer by playing stocks and commodities.

Given the huge potential for loss, I will hold off investing in Forex until I understand it more. I am currently working on getting financially stable, and using the market to take advantage of some excess income, to build a better financial situation. As I progress in that and make it part of my financial lifestyle, I will pursue Forex with the newer additional income.

One thing that sets me apart from the average investor is that I do not have uncrontrolled greed. I like making a profit on my investments. But, where some are deluded by higher potentials, thinking they can out-guess the market, I set a goal for gain, when it is reached, i sell and invest in something else.

While this strategy means I won't be floating along the Riviera as soon as some high risk brokers. It also means I am not starving in a hope of one more dollar. It also means once I get the ship on the Riviera, it won't be sinking from a market failure.

Comment

Comment

Similarly, I have a goal of how much I want to make. It is 4 times what I would need to make to live off 5% interest per year at a level that is twice my current standard of living.

That is, say I make $100K right now. 2X = $200K X 20(5%) = $4mill X 4 =$16mill. This is all to not interrupt my way of life, and at the same time freeing up much of my time to pursue the desires of my heart.

The sooner I make that amount, the more I can enjoy life.

Do you have any book recommendations that can get me some basic knowledge so I could get started?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X