Train with Mystery Get Trained in your city



Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Good PUA jobs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    What about co-owner of a modeling agency. I had an out of work friend who had an idea of becoming an agent for some of Miami's models. He used to moddel and knows the "bizz". I bought 51% of the company for a few grand to get him started with the udnderstanding I wanted to be hands off in day to day runing of the company. He agreed and while I don't have anything to do with runing the company except the title CEO, I do go to to events like Poker Runs, runway, etc. Pat's got around 50 women he reps now and they all know me as the man in charge. Pretty good investment if you ask me.

    Comment


    • #17
      Being a server at a VERY busy and well known restaurant is a very good way to make money. That's how I get by.

      Comment


      • #18
        Back in 1993, I worked for the TGIFridays in Annapolis, MD. Many rich people wouold come into the harbor in their sail boats and spend lots of money at our place. One dub worked only Fridays and Saturdays. He walked each night with about $1000, yes a thousand dollars (It is only a guess of his character to determine how much hr claimed on his taxes).

        Comment


        • #19
          THE most important thing is to pick something YOU [I]enjoy[/I]

          it could be the "best job in the world" but if you hate it then it ends up being the WORST possible job for you

          Comment


          • #20
            Most PUA's have another job aside from their PUA-job accept for the big guys of RSD, MM and Lovesystems. Most of the guys working for them also have another job that really makes money. For example Mr M, CEO of Lovesystems Europe is also a lawyer.

            I am now near graduation from university and thinking of making not a lot of money working as a consultant or a banker & have more free time to be able to enjoy sarging a lot..... OR working for the family company and making more money but have almost no free time. It's a trade-off which is difficult to make....

            Comment


            • #21
              If you can do it, learn to count cards.

              Playing poker would have a bunch of cross over skills from being a PUA, you have to do a lot of body language translating. Plus, if you're good. Both of them can pay really well and give you lots of free time, not to mention a lot of hired gun game gaming dealers and/or waitresses at your favorite casino's. :-P

              P.S.
              Card counting isn't as glamourous as the movie 21 unless you can have a team (and even then, the real MIT card counting team broke even in the long run). So don't expect what you see in movies to be true, however, the horror stories aren't true either. You CAN make money at it and you CAN live off it.

              Comment


              • #22
                Gambling is a zero-sum game. Somebody makes money. Somebody loses money. The only one sure to make money is the house.

                Gambling is a great source of fun, but the likelyhood of getting rich from it is less likely than being a pro athlete.

                Especially true for state lotteries. A quote that I heard a long time ago, and is why I rarely play it is, "The lottery is a tax for being bad at math." The only times I played Lotto was when I got a free ticket, and one time when the payout was greater than the odds.

                I didn't win. So, I don't gamble. I need every penny I make to pay bills and save for a new motorcycle.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I didn't say play the lottery and I didn't say play Roulette. I suggested the two games that give the player more then a 50% chance at winning. Counting cards can be very lucrative if you know how to do it and poker is only about 10% luck. Though, I hear playing poker in casino's is kinda shitty, so I'd suggest saving the poker playing for tournaments with $1k+ pots.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by dman View Post
                    THE most important thing is to pick something YOU [I]enjoy[/I]

                    it could be the "best job in the world" but if you hate it then it ends up being the WORST possible job for you
                    That is what Robert Kiyosaki calls "Poor Dad" advise. If you have a job that you bust you butt at for say 10 years then retire at 30 with more money than you will ever need, you "buy" 35 years free time. (vs retiring at 65)

                    I taught my kids to trade FOREX. My 17 year old complains she is not passionate about it, but she took $1,000 to $600K in just over a year. She can put that in an a self directed IRA and make 20%, $120K a year while she goes to college to be a Vet. In the Wealth Forums there are sevearl PUA's who have done well too. Trading is like dating a woman with multiple personalities who is great in bed. Yea she's moody but the orgasms are worth it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The nice thing about having the finances set is that you can pursue the job of your dreams and not worry about whether it makes a lot of money.

                      Some define success is to be the best at what you like to do and find people who will pay you to do it. Tony Hawk would be an example of this. Anthony Robbins is also. At least he looks like he's having fun doing what he does.

                      Speaking of Robbins, I saw Shallow Hal the other night. His role in it was hilarious.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Sincerelee View Post
                        Gambling is a zero-sum game. Somebody makes money. Somebody loses money. The only one sure to make money is the house.

                        Gambling is a great source of fun, but the likelyhood of getting rich from it is less likely than being a pro athlete.
                        fwiw I currently make a living off of online poker. I ran a 50$ deposit up to a nice bankroll and for the last year on average 4x the hourly I could make at any other job. I'm playing semi-professional for just over 2 years now, while being at university.

                        Don't be fooled though, it's not easy money. It's not stumbling upon a magic formula and using it to descide what button to click to make money. It's about finding inexpierenced players and trying to milk them for all they have. It's about running lots of math, determining the likelihood of opponents making moves, finding and trying to exploit mistakes they make. It's about playing an hour and reviewing your play for 2 hours. It's about going through lots of offers, finding the pokerroom that takes the least of your money away in the form of rake. It's about trying to maintain an edge in a field that gets tougher by the day. It includes bad players catching their perfect card over and over again and taking chunks of your bankroll. It includes playing close to perfect poker all day and end up multiple thousands poorer than when you started. It includes having consecutive losing months. Don't think you can deposit an amount of money and start winning because you can beat up your friends in a home game, even at the smallest stakes.

                        If, however, you can emotionally cope with all that, don't get bored, are good with maths and willing to put lots of work in you can climb up in stakes and make a good living after a couple months.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          While T0PGUNN3R's response is true, I was talking about playing it in person where you have a better chance of bluffing and reading people then just online.

                          A friend of a friend played online poker professionally and averaged $16k U.S. (they live(d) in sweden so he was making it in SEK) per month by playing 4 tables at a time. While not easy, and psychologically draining, it is doable.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Storm_Fox View Post
                            I didn't say play the lottery and I didn't say play Roulette. I suggested the two games that give the player more then a 50% chance at winning. [B]Counting cards can be very lucrative if you know how to do it[/B] and poker is only about 10% luck. Though, I hear playing poker in casino's is kinda shitty, so I'd suggest saving the poker playing for tournaments with $1k+ pots.
                            lol, i love hearing this paraded about.

                            They have done independent studies of the *best* blackjack players and card counters in the world and they still give about a .5% edge to the house based on the current set up of most casinos now and playing with *perfect* strategy. In other words, they have a net loss.

                            Whatever claims they make in their own books or products, or whatever tests they demonstrate in their own controlled environment, simply are not and [B]cannot[/B] be repeated in an independent review.

                            Casinos have more money than any of these card counters, and they make sure their countermeasures and shufflers beat them. In some states, they cannot "ban" for being too skilled, so any claims that they can't play anymore so they're writing a book is bullshit. From the Casino's perspective, Card Counting was resolved in the 80s, minus a few crack teams such as MIT.

                            Sure, some geniuses might be able to pool their efforts after years of research and make a few wins before being exposed again, but the idea that Joe blow is going walk up to a blackjack table after a few rum 'n cokes and count some cards is laughable.

                            There is only one game you can win money in at the Casino and that is poker, and even then it's mainly sharks vs fish.

                            Otherwise, statistically, even by playing *perfect strategy*, the longer you play for, the more likely it is you will wind up at the statistical mean, which is a net loss.

                            To argue otherwise is akin to arguing against the entire collective history in the fields of science and mathematics.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Dulce View Post
                              lol, i love hearing this paraded about.

                              They have done independent studies of the *best* blackjack players and card counters in the world and they still give about a .5% edge to the house based on the current set up of most casinos now and playing with *perfect* strategy. In other words, they have a net loss.

                              Whatever claims they make in their own books or products, or whatever tests they demonstrate in their own controlled environment, simply are not and [B]cannot[/B] be repeated in an independent review.

                              Casinos have more money than any of these card counters, and they make sure their countermeasures and shufflers beat them. In some states, they cannot "ban" for being too skilled, so any claims that they can't play anymore so they're writing a book is bullshit. From the Casino's perspective, Card Counting was resolved in the 80s, minus a few crack teams such as MIT.

                              Sure, some geniuses might be able to pool their efforts after years of research and make a few wins before being exposed again, but the idea that Joe blow is going walk up to a blackjack table after a few rum 'n cokes and count some cards is laughable.

                              There is only one game you can win money in at the Casino and that is poker, and even then it's mainly sharks vs fish.

                              Otherwise, statistically, even by playing *perfect strategy*, the longer you play for, the more likely it is you will wind up at the statistical mean, which is a net loss.

                              To argue otherwise is akin to arguing against the entire collective history in the fields of science and mathematics.
                              Lol! I love ignorant people trying to explain what they don't know.

                              Yes, it's true... playing perfect [B]BASIC STRATEGY[/B] results in a net loss, but that's not what you're doing.

                              Counting uses more then just basic strategy, you use the count to determine WHAT level of basic strategy to use. If you have the same 3 hands 3 different times in the shoe, you'll likely play it 3 different ways. You'll play 1 way with a true count of negative 3, with a true count of 0 and with a true count of plus 4. Of course, the best counters work in teams and only play big money on the higher counts. Successful counters also have a lot of money management experience. It also doesn't take a genius to do it.

                              Joe Blow after a few rum 'n cokes isn't going to know basic strategy let alone how to count. Average counter may win more then he loses, adjusting his bets based on the count, but he's still not a counter. No, you make money by playing the count the correct way, adjusting your bets when the shoe is in your favor and playing a lot.

                              It's not a get rich quick scheme, it's a fking job. You treat it like a job and you make money at it like a job.

                              Learn about the thing before you try to denounce it. It just makes you look like an idiot and gives people like me a good laugh. Now, if you don't have a problem with that then by all means continue.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                The chicks that I know value two things: education and ambition. They like education so that they can have an interesting conversation with you. They like ambition because most young guys don't have money yet. So that leaves you with kind of a lot of options. Get a degree, and then get a job at something you like, preferably one that exposes you to lots of young women: bartender, barista, physical trainer, yoga instructor, etc. And then when you meet someone, you can say something like: "I'm a DJ today, but I plan to have my own stage & sound company one day" etc.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X