X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilders,powerlifters,etc.

I don't know if this thread already exist,besides the one bashing Matador or some shit.

But I thought I'd make a thread for us members that go to the gym.

I'll tell a little about myself. I go to the gym everyday.

1st day
    Chest,Triceps

2nd day
    Back,Biceps

3rd day
    Shoulders

4th day
    Legs

I squat 495 lbs. I curl the 110 lbs. barbells. I do shrugs with the 100's (dumbbells). I do other workouts,but these are the only exact weights, that I remember.

I usually take Nitric Oxide,but I'm not currently taking anything.

I'm currently 280

Umm,if you want to know anything else,just ask. Now let's here from you guys. I'd love to hear your workouts,and everything else.

-Eyez
    Last edited by Eyez; 10-09-2007, 02:01 AM.

I go five days a week...

Sun: OFF
    Mon: OFF
    Tues: Chest/Tris
    Weds:Cardio
    Thurs:Back/Bis
    Fri: Cardio
    Sat: Quads/Shoulders (including traps)

Not taking any suppliments other than a multi and plenty of water. Eating like a horse

Comment

Yea,I have to get on the ball with that.

I work out like crazy,but my metabolism has to be slower than a damn slug. Because I eat like once a day,and miss the other meals.

I may pick up this supplement called Black Powder,because I heard it's supposed to be nutty.

Anyway,thanks for posting.

-Eyez

Comment

Whats up everyone...I don't know what anyone goals are but the key to the body you "want" are usually not through body-split routines. Aside from a few things, they do very little to increase metabolic activity and enhance other homeostatic functions that will make you lose body fat/gain or maintain muscle. I am a strongman compettitor, power lifter, mma athlete, and I coach/personal train for my part time job. Im still new to this community but, everyone seems very cool and helpful. If anyone needs any workout tips or diet planning I'll be more than willing to help.

Just some general tips about getting the body you want.

1. Diet is 80 percent of the battle.

2. Create a strength training routine not a body building routine. Body building is a part of strength training. Functional muscle mass is always more appealing then loads of unecessary mass which body builders want because it makes them win. If your doing a bbing show then body build away but you want to improve strength, speed, body composition etc...go with a strength training split.

3. Isolation movements are not a waste of time but should be limited...very limited.

4. Cardio is aerobic weight training is anerobic. The MMA fighters w/ tight bodies, some of the guys you see on the Worlds Strongest Man do alot of anerobic work to get that body. The treadmill is not always the best option.

Again, if anyone has any questons you can write them on here or PM me and I will do my best to help out.

-Perception

Comment

Well... to be honest, at the moment I am 5 weeks into a Test-E & D-Bol cycle. 4 weeks remaining. I am 6'0, 200lbs.

Monday- Back
          Tuesday- Shoulders & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
          Wednesday- Legs & Yoga
          Thursday- Chest & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
          Friday- Bis and Tris
          Saturday- Yoga
          Sunday- Rest

Comment

[COLOR="Red"]I've been working out solid for about a year. I had some lifting experience in high school for football weight training and some when i started college but I realized I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

I took a Physiological Science class and actively read T-nation and health articles now, which I find helps way more than going to the gym everyday and doing bench 7 times a week.

My workout right now:

Day 1: Chest and Tris (All heavy lifting except warm up set)

Dumbbell press 5X5
            Incline press 10,6-8,6,4
            Decline Press 10, 6-8, 6, 4
            Dumbbell Flies 8, 8, 6
            Cable Cross 10, 8, 6, 5
            Incline Cable Flies NEGATIVES 3x5

And 4 exercises of tris, followed by dips (2X25).

Day 2: Back and Bi's

Deadlift or Renegade Rows 4 sets
            Wide Grip Pull Down to Chest 10, 8, 6, 5
            Seated Close Grip Rows 10, 8, 6, 4-5
            Behind the head Pull-downs 10, 6-8, 6, 4-5
            Bent over Dumbbell Rows 10, 8, 6, 6
            Medium grip pull ups to sernum 2X10

4 exercises of bi's (all 4 sets of heavy lifting) ..seated hammer curls, back-on-wall straight bar curls, preacher curls, cable isolation curls

Day 3: Shoulders/Traps
            Shoulder Dumbell Press 4 sets
            Bent Over cross over pulls 4 sets
            Lateral Side Raises for Side delts
            Dumbbell front raises
            Cable pulls
            Power Clean (Although I haven't done this in a while)

Day 4: Legs

Squats on machine (can't use barbell cause of chiropractor advice for neck issues. Sucks)
            Leg Press
            Lunges
            Stiff Leg Deadlifts
            Sometimes Hamstring Isolation to follow up the stiff legs
            Calve raises

Rest in between the days about 2 days or so.

Haven't used creatine for a while after my 2 cycles but gonna start again soon. The cramping sucks balls though. Whey protein by Optimal Nutrition. Nothing else.[/COLOR]
            Last edited by Ambisire; 10-07-2007, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Been training for 2 yrs

am atm 16% bf 5'7" and weigh 177lb

currently following A-trainers training program, with great results

Have a firm grasp of everything to do with training, dieting, muscle splits, exercises, isolating the muscles.. whatever you might need to know, only thing I don't know about is steroids more so then the next person

was a huge regular on bb.com forums and still go there once and a while

my goal is 186 - 198lb somewhere between there, and 10% or slightly less b/f

Comment

I've started in Feb '07 and was goin consistently up untill june, started to slack off with my diet but still go every now and then. Now I haven't been for one full month and i'm plannin on going back in a week or so. I currently weigh 161, went down 4-5lbs during the past few weeks which is annoying.

I'm planing to start taking creatine once i get back, and my aim is to reach 180lbs by mid december (i.e. in 8 weeks). You guys think it's possible?

one last thing, for the people who take creatine, you recommend it? And does it really phuk u over after u stop taking it?

Comment

You can definitely put on 19lb.. whether it will be all muscle is debatable

if you want to know more about creatine from the experts go to t-nation.com

that site is packed with well set out and informative insight.

for your goal, u will need a consistent 8hrs sleep a night,
                  a consistent diet
                  no more then 1.1.5 hrs in the gym

n to make sure u don't over train

you can come close and retain your body fat.. or you might put on a little bit

Comment

thanks jekdapua, u mentioned something about the A trainers training program and that giving you great results. what that about?

Another thing which always keeps me wondering, what's the difference between flat bench press (using a bar) or a flat but using dumbells on each hand. I personnaly prefer the dumbells. Which is better and why? It doesn't target different muscle or does it?
                    Last edited by hexxeh; 10-07-2007, 07:43 AM.

Comment

"Another thing which always keeps me wondering, what's the difference between flat bench press (using a bar) or a flat but using dumbells on each hand. I personnaly prefer the dumbells. Which is better and why? It doesn't target different muscle or does it?"

The difference is that you lift the same amount of weight with each arm/chest. When lifting a bar you can tend to lift most of the weight with your strong arm/chest. This will cause your muscles to be different sizes from the left and the right. Another thing is that the dumbells incorporate more muscles because you have to stabilize it. Flat bench press you are able to lift more weight so in my opinion it works the chest a little better so I suggest not totally eliminating it. I usually start out doing flat bench and then I go to dumbells.

To answer your other question about creatine. I am a BIG advocate for taking a creatine supplement. Throughout High School I played sports and was CONSTANTLY working out hard. I hardly received any gains, I was weighing 140 when a Junior. This was because I did cross-country, basketball, and track which are high cardio so I wasn't able to put on weight. I started taking cell-tech and whey protein my Senior year and I BLEW up in 6 weeks. I recommend cell-tech over regular creatine because it has sugar in it which induces an anabolic insulin effect for maximum saturation. Creatine in my experience is used for lean muscle (prefered by runners), this could be totally wrong but it is my opinion. No-xplode might be better then cell-tech, I have received a lot of great reviews EXCEPT for the stretch marks. They have claimed the concentration while working-out is AMAZING. Being an amateur at working-out be careful with it because you are highly likely to overwork your muscles causing damage. I tend work-out very sparaticly because I get satisfied with how I look and I live a very busy, schedule always changing lifestyle. I have went an entire 6 months of not working-out and I had barely any muscle loss, I didn't gain any weight either. When I started working-out again I was right back where I was 6 months ago in 2 weeks. Just do not take the stuff if you are not working-out. My only regret with cell-tech is that I didn't start it sooner.

My work-out routine isn't what typical weight lifters like. I do not lift for strength but for health and sex appeal. I concentrate mostly on arms, chest, cardio and definately abs. I predominately do hypertrophy work-outs, meaning that you work out your muscles to exhaustion. Right now I don't have a die hard set schedule because I am in the maintaing stage.

2 times a week I work bicep, 2 times a week chest, 1 day a week legs, 1 day a week triceps/shoulders, abs 7 days a week, cardio 4 times a week. Wait 48 hours before working a particular muscle again. So if on Monday you do biceps wait till Wednesay to do it again.

I work-out a set muscle and I just do different exercises that work that muscle. Example: Biceps I do hammer head curls, pull-ups, ez bar, concentration curls until exhaustion where I can't even curl a 10 lb dumbell 10 times. Afterwards I do 30 minute of ab workouts. Post-workout I drink cell-tech and whey protein.

I been wanting to try no-xplode but a friend of mine is taking it and it caused him to get stretch marks because the gains were so good. I am stretch mark free and wanting to stay that way.

I am currently 5'10", weigh 155 lbs. I have 16" arms, not sure of chest measurements, and a 8 pack.
                      Last edited by Allstar; 10-07-2007, 08:57 AM. Reason: To answer Hex creatine question

Comment

If your looking to increase the size of your pectorals, dummbell bench is the way to go, specifically decline dumbbell bench. Theirs alot of studies that show that decline dummbell bench recruits pectoral muscles up to about 87 percent, followed by incline, followed by flat. In all actuality, unless your looking to power lift, the flat bench isn't really that good of an exercise. Damaging to the rotator cuff as well.

Weighted pushups are a great, great exercise for chest development as well. As far as isolation exercises go it's actually pretty misleading because it's impossible to completely isolate a muscle group. The body just doesn't work like that. But using "iso-exercises" are necessary because, even though the triceps are going to get bigger through horizontal and vertical pushing movements, the shoulder girdle, scalpulae etc are going to get burnt out very fast, as well as the nervous system.

Comment

The best advice I can give anyone is to not get advice on weight-training from a site like this. Go to bodybuilding sites. My personal favorite is the online forum at steroids.com (don't worry, most of the people there don't use steroids and don't recommend them). I've learned invaluable information that has helped me go from being 6'0 160lbs and benching 170 to 190lbs and benching 335 in less than a year. And don't ignore diet or proper fat-burning workouts (no cardio is not the same thing as fat-burning).

Comment

A trainer is a well respected authority on bodybuilding.. who is well known especially on the BB.com forums

he has actually "reinvented" training.. and has his own "workout program" which I have found to be highly affective.

I just so happen to be lucky enough to know him as a distant friend, he has been a great help to me

If you really want a killer chest exercise do a google search for "atrainer flyes"
                            nothing isolates the chest better

there is a lot of debate about whether dumbell or barbell exercises are better used.. but in my experience using both or just mixig it up is your best way to get the advantage of both.

Of course if you want to gain mass and or max strength you want to stick to compound exercises and heavy loading which you can only really do with a barbell.

And one thing ive learned in my short time training

DO NOT FOR ANY REASON SKIP ON LEGS AND OR SQUATS

DONT BE A HERO LIFT WITH GOOD FORM NOT YOUR EGO

LEARN HOW THE EXERCISE WORKS AND FOCUS ON USING THE CORRECT MUSCLE TO MOVE THE WEIGHT (so many people do lat pulldowns or low rows with their biceps and are missing the point!)

anywho if anyone wants some basic help or anything feel free to PM me, or if they just want to kick the shit and discuss bb'ing in general

I also recommend t-nation.com for some really insightful and useful "studies" from people who actually work out, and powerlift

p.s Perception if you can show me these studies, Id be very interested to read them.. and where you got the impression that its impossible to isolate a muscle that would be good too
                            Last edited by JekDaPUA; 10-07-2007, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Jekdapua, Allstar and Perception thank you all for your comments. appreciate it!

As some of you might've read i'll be goin back in a week or so and i've got an 8-week trainig program and woull appreciate it if people cna omment on it.

Monday
                              Flat Dumbbell Bench Press - 4 sets of 10 reps
                              Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 3 sets of 12 reps
                              Decline Dumbbell Flyes - 3 sets of 15 reps
                              Upright Barbell Rows - 3 sets of 8 reps
                              Standing Lateral Cable Flyes - 3 sets of 12 reps
                              Dumbbell Rear Deltoid Flyes - 3 sets of 12 reps

Tuesday
                              Standing Calf Raises (Machine or Free-weight) - 4 sets of 10 reps
                              Leg Extensions - 2 sets of 15 reps
                              Leg Curls - 2 sets of 15 reps
                              Barbell Full Squat - 4 sets of 8 reps
                              Barbell Lunges - 3 sets of 12 reps

Thursday
                              Standing Rope Cable Curls - 3 sets of 15 reps
                              *Superset With*
                              Standing Rope Pushdowns - 3 sets of 15 reps
                              Standing Barbell Curls - 3 sets of 8 reps
                              *Optional Superset*
                              Seated Dumbbell Triceps Extensions - 3 sets of 8 reps
                              Barbell Shrugs - 3 sets of 8 reps
                              *Superset With*
                              Cable Shrugs

Friday
                              Wide Grip Front Pull-downs - 3 sets of 12 reps
                              One Arm Dumbbell Rows - 4 sets of 8 reps
                              Low Back Extensions - 3 sets of 15 reps
                              Bent-over Barbell Rows - 3 sets of 12 reps
                              Middle Back Shrug - 3 sets of 10 reps

I'll be doin those over 8 weeks, however might be decreasing a set and increasin a rep. or vice versa depending on the week.

Mainly, i'm looking to get bigger and some tonality/definnition.

tell me what you guys think.

Comment

Working...
                              X