X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH1- Why It Doesn't Matter

OK let me preface by saying I'm very new to this. I've seen VH1, read The VA Handbook, checked out some forums, but have yet to use it to pick up a girl. I know I just lost some people but thats ok. I do think I understand the theory though and as I was reading it I finally understood some things that have happened in my past that I couldn't figure out. Now on a couple forums I have seen this come up and had to comment because the biggest defense of VH1 not mattering has been "It's human interaction and won't change." So why doesn't VH1 matter? Well as far as introducing people to the material I think its a good thing. As far as invalidating the game, well what are they gonna do about it? They could call you on it. If used against you it's probably an attempt to regain power and/or DLV you, both of which are covered in The Mystery Method (TMM). It could also be a hoop where if you agree it's used as a DLV if you deny its a DLV. This is covered in hoop theory, Take the hoop:"Was that a DLV?" Ignore it:"I'm talking. So anyway..." or Set Up A New Hoop:"Are you always so insecure?" These are not perfect examples but you get the idea. It's just that after seeing this come up on so many forums where the discussion became "OMG Were Exposed!" "No were not, social interaction doesn't change." "Yes it does" "No it doesn't"... ect, I thought I'd try to explain why it won't ruin The Mystery Method in a little more detail. So in summary any attempt to convey the idea that you are using TMM is going to be a form of social interaction and is covered in TMM. And nobody cares but I feel better for having said it.

Just remember, as many American sports fan know, [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubie_Brown"]Hubie Brown [/URL]taught the rest of the world how to coach & play basketball like Americans & now we lost our dominance in the sport.

I know I read something like this in 48 Laws of Power or that type of book, but an information advantage is critical.

Comment

Read [i]The Red Queen[/i] some time.

Evolve or die.

Comment

While it's true that keeping something a secret puts others at a disadvantage, the more people who know about and contribute to an idea the more innovative and new ideas develop and ultimately it helps. And beyond that I'm pretty sure the whole reason The Mystery Method developed was because people got together, shared their ideas and created something. Ultimately keeping an idea secret helps no one.

Comment

I've heard that book referenced a couple of times, is it any good? I like The Mystery Method but I do question some of the reasoning as to how it works, for example the idea that our brains are outdated computers hardwired for the ancient past. To me there are other plausible explanations and the fact that the development of neurons and connections between them is very much effected by how you use them (ex. more use=stronger connection) would lead me to believe that the brain is not so outdated and that some of this stuff is more cultural than anything else. Just look at the differences all around the world and through out history in what was considered attractive. Sorry for the rant, just my two cents. Other than that great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveArt View Post
            I've heard that book referenced a couple of times, is it any good? I like The Mystery Method but I do question some of the reasoning as to how it works, for example the idea that our brains are outdated computers hardwired for the ancient past. To me there are other plausible explanations and the fact that the development of neurons and connections between them is very much effected by how you use them (ex. more use=stronger connection) would lead me to believe that the brain is not so outdated and that some of this stuff is more cultural than anything else. Just look at the differences all around the world and through out history in what was considered attractive. Sorry for the rant, just my two cents. Other than that great stuff.

been wondering this myself. it can easily be flipped back around into a "nurture" sided debate by simply saying that high S&R value is something most people learn when they are children by observing a father figure's interactions to the everyday world

if this stuff is hardwired, does that mean that if I improve my "game" that my children will have high S&R value?

its impossible to tell most of this, you would essentially need a huge experiment with a shitload of experimental and control groups containing PUA's, AFC's, and their kids

would be a longitudinal experiment too, making matters even more difficult

Comment

Originally posted by StuckInC2 View Post
              been wondering this myself. it can easily be flipped back around into a "nurture" sided debate by simply saying that high S&R value is something most people learn when they are children by observing a father figure's interactions to the everyday world

if this stuff is hardwired, does that mean that if I improve my "game" that my children will have high S&R value?

its impossible to tell most of this, you would essentially need a huge experiment with a shitload of experimental and control groups containing PUA's, AFC's, and their kids

would be a longitudinal experiment too, making matters even more difficult

My memory of Psychology class is a little rough right now, but I'm pretty sure that a Longitudinal experiment is one that follows individuals over a large period of time? So that psychologists can collect the needed data to either prove, or disprove, their original hypothesis on the matter?

Comment

Working...
              X