X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the fighting. Start teaching.

It may be because of a specific person on here lately, or it may be the general attitude on here. It's just that I am getting sick of the constant fighting.

Yes, there are different approaches to solve a problem. And, yes, some are more effective than others.

But FOR THE LOVE OF PEACE! Leave the egos and attitudes out!

RSD has good inner game stuff, in your opinion. MM does, in another's opinion. Mehow does great direct approaches. Others teach the elimination of PUA all together.

When someone has an issue, rather than starting a battle about whether a MM solution works better or RJ does, just provide what works for you.

You do that and you will get the respect you deserve by those whose respect matters...the ones who learned from your response.

No one learns from an argument about whose instructor is better.

Now, having said that, I doubt I will convince those who are already determined to fiight. I hope it convinces those that haven't started will avoid fights.

I would bet that most guys who decide to start a "my instructor's way is better than yours" are either, 1. Selling something, 2. Looking for validation due to poor inner game by trying to justify their decision to go with one school of thought over another.

Now, from this point on, I vow to not participate in school wars. Anyone who challenges my advice, I will treat as those they response is the fluff on a feather boa...worthless, and as such, I will not fight with them to boost my opinion. I will merely be unaffected by their attacks. I also vow those who offer an alternative view but present it in a way that is positiive, I will treat with respect equal to what they deserve.

Respect, my fellow PUAs.

very nice post bro

Comment

Kevin, you are right. Fighting is lame.

You are also right, that a true student of PUA will learn from all the schools to find what works best for them.

Comment

exactly...

by the way, are guys from RSD good teachers? I have seen a lot of bad reviews about them, and i don't like them because they just wanna take your money... who is the best teacher in your opinion?

Comment

Flame, there is no best teacher. There are best students.

It's not goofy Zen-like. It is the truth. Most teachers, who are qualified to teach, can teach a student that needs what they offer. But, many students are with the wrong school for them and it puts a bad taste in their mouth about PUA as a whole.

Some guys will not learn anything from some schools beacuse it not only goes against their comfort, but goes against their character. For instance, from what I have studied from RSD, cocky/funny is their focus. That would not work for me because I am already C/F...so much so I can be cruel at a moment's notice.

For other, SLA teaches how to get over AA real well, by establishing confidence through rehearsal of prepped material. Some guys may not have AA, but can't establish comfort effectively. That is where RJ excels.

Others need scientific structure to keep from losing track, which MM is good for.

Now, the best student...is the guy who is willing to learn all he can from everyone he can. This is the guy who will absorb everything like a sponge and use what he learns at the appropriate time. The problem with this guy is that he rarely invests into direct training because he does not see enough benefit to justify the cost.

Comment

the combatants have [U]properly[/U] posted their disagreement in the section deemed... [B]"Fight Club"[/B]

Let them battle it out.

Most of life is politics
            Last edited by Firepower; 02-18-2009, 11:10 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Yes, but it is sad to see two people who are totally confident in their way of doing things battle it out, destroying themselves and most observers in the process, and yet at the same time it is hard to look away.

Comment

I see your point. Sometimes discussions deteriorate into disagreement, arguement, then fighting.

rams butting heads is just as much a part of that 'natural hardwired' approach anxiety we hear so much about.

Sometimes, amongst the wise, it's a purification process - a refining. It can be a synthesis.

I find each antagonist zeroes in on the weak points of his opponent's arguements, saving me the trouble. Then, I sift through it all, seeing which is more correct - for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sincerelee View Post
                  Flame, there is no best teacher. There are best students.

It's not goofy Zen-like. It is the truth. Most teachers, who are qualified to teach, can teach a student that needs what they offer. But, many students are with the wrong school for them and it puts a bad taste in their mouth about PUA as a whole.

Some guys will not learn anything from some schools beacuse it not only goes against their comfort, but goes against their character. For instance, from what I have studied from RSD, cocky/funny is their focus. That would not work for me because I am already C/F...so much so I can be cruel at a moment's notice.

For other, SLA teaches how to get over AA real well, by establishing confidence through rehearsal of prepped material. Some guys may not have AA, but can't establish comfort effectively. That is where RJ excels.

Others need scientific structure to keep from losing track, which MM is good for.

Now, the best student...is the guy who is willing to learn all he can from everyone he can. This is the guy who will absorb everything like a sponge and use what he learns at the appropriate time. The problem with this guy is that he rarely invests into direct training because he does not see enough benefit to justify the cost.
                  Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                  X