PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

Lost Prophet
04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey guys... quick question

This has probably been discussed before, but whats your take on alcohol and game??

Since I have been seeing my HB I havent been to bothered about pulling (as such), so have been out with friends to have a good time and drink - not pull. The result is that with having alcohol in me I dont care about pulling/kissing other girls and with the game I have it means I end up pulling! Not good really, under the circumstances of a possible LTR.

In the past, normal circumstances have dictated that I have not needed alcohol as a way to approach. I would approach anyway if I wanted to, before I pulled the HB (I met her when quite sober but had been drinking). So whats your take on alcohol?

Cro
04-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Loses inhibitions, clearly in your instance that is true! And I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just the same.

I prefer to game slightly buzzed, I am less likely to care about social norms and am ready to act more independent. I'm quicker on my feet, and I don't care what others think, which is just my frame and it makes it easier to keep it stable all evening.

However drink too much, and you lose too much inhibition and you completely write off social norms, that is a bad thing. There's a fine line. One is a DHV, other's a DLV

Deft9
04-22-2008, 11:48 PM
I used to strictly not drink, but lately I've found having a beer early on helps me loosen up just a bit.

Killer
04-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Cro put it in the same way I think I would. I usually drink a little bit, not enough to have a hangover or severly impair myself. I am finding that with any alcohol, my mind blanks when I want to open and that AA doesn't really always weaken. Its better to have a light buzz or none at all, but still if you like drinking when you go out, by all means do it. Mystery and Matador say don't do it because it really hinders more than it helps. I agree with them.

ScottyT.O.
04-23-2008, 02:55 AM
I decide before I go out, which I'd prefer to do have a good shot at picking up and staying relatively sober or if I'd prefer to get drunk and have a bad shot at picking up. I usually rotate between these two on friday and saturday nights.