PDA

View Full Version : FR: First Open Ever

spacemonkey25
03-17-2008, 12:29 AM
This ties in with http://www.venusianarts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=72205#post72205 because he was with me, feel free to read both.

I went with two friends of mine, both of whom are total newbies like me and have bad AA. Some background info, me and Sin went last week to another mall and failed bad; not one opened set. There also wasn't much potential.

This week, we went to a mall 10 x bigger and there was a LOT of good girls and potential. We went around to a store first and took care of some business and we were on our way. After around 10-15 minutes of surveying the site (yes bad I know but it happened) we got more comfortable. We spotted a 2-set non-mixed and my friend didn't go for it right away. I thought he wouldn't do it, since thats how AA usually works, but he went for it. Cool, good job man. Then it was my turn. I saw a 2-set nearby and went to approach it, again not following the 3 second rule since I saw them before. As I went, I had the worst luck ever- my belt buckle unhooked. Luckily the did not see me so I hooked it and did another circle and went back. MORE bad luck, ONE SECOND, and INCHES away from an approach, they turn and leave, so I abort.

We go up the escalator and my friends are still talking, but I see a 1-set and I just go for it. Three second rule perfectly executed. I shoulder tapped what seemed to be a 20+ year old, i'm 18. I ran the jealous GF and messed it up.. BAD. I said that "he has a shoebox with shoes underneath his bed." She gave me a WTF look and then I mentioned it also had letters and pictures. I also said I need to watch out for you, you're trouble after her response, and she asked why and I said, "I don't know.." The whole time she was giving me a look like thats a wierd ass question, why are you asking me this? Well I ejected shortly after the opener and went back to my friends nearby. They said I was stonefaced and had my eyes half-opened, probably from trying to remember what I was saying. The rest of the BL was good, opened over the shoulder, had some light kino to start with, did not show interest. Its true, I approached with the intent of just OPENING since I had bad AA-- this was a major stepping stone for me since I have always been afraid of talking to random girls. Even though I didn't smile much and was 'stonefaced' i'm glad I did it. From then on it seemed a little easier. That was my only opening of the day since we were taking turns opening and the guy after me took a few hours until he opened one, but hey next time I will open at least 2, I know it.

Although I did neg a few random girls for fun and was pretty chill the whole time. Honestly the fact that she responded the bad way she did doesn't even bug me. I'm pleased for my first set ever. Thanks for reading!

Riddle
03-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Ok here are a few things you two need to think about.

1. Go to places you are comfortable with, opening at a new mall will make you twice as uncomfortable.

2. Just open and appoch, who cares about your belt as long as your pants dont fall off your ass. Also there was no need to scope the place out.

3. Good job for just getting out. Just work on your motovation, read the game if you havent already, sort of put my life into prospective for me.

spacemonkey25
03-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the tips. I am a lot more comfortable now, it was just some extreme AA to begin with, you know. We will try not to scope the place and just make use of the 3 second rule. Next time will be better!

Deft9
03-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Initiating conversation with strangers can be EXTREMELY challenging. It shouldn't be, but it is. I have been doing this for months and I STILL have trouble with this. Supposedly it's like jumping out of a plane. If you do it 10,000 times it becomes second nature.

Know what happens if you don't open? Nothing.

FerricSuarez
03-20-2008, 01:44 AM
""he has a shoebox with shoes underneath his bed."

That's frikkin hilarious!!
You should have followed it up with "And get this, his clothing rack? Full of clothes. What a freak!"

Just keep going with it. Good first time. At least you know what you did wrong.

spacemonkey25
03-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the good words guys, yeah I messed up but now I look back and it was funny. I did mini-sets, like saying hi to people and randonly asking questions to alleviate AA somewhat. I even opened this one girl on the bus with another opinion opener. My BL- MUCH BETTER, not that stonefaced and more smiling, yet voice was still shaky, but I don't expect progress THAT fast. I'm going with my 2 friends again tomorrow, except with a solid plan and material, so I will try to take it as far as I can without ejecting, Expect a field report and wish me luck!

spacemonkey25
03-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Had a HORRIBLE day today. Still pissed off/disappointed. I'm on spring break so I decided to head out again to the mall with my 2 friends. One of my friends was sick, so he sort of brought the energy for us down. Not his fault but it was a factor. Next, my other friend was annoying saying oh theres a girl, etc. but he is the one who never did a set yet criticizes us for not opening. I also had some AA and since it was a Thu. there was 90% less women than on a Saturday. So we didn't get to open a SINGLE set. I guess I will have to do double duty this Sat. when we will go again. I promised 5 sets and I intend to do it too. The thing that pisses me off too is that I actually had material, including a good mall opener, transition options, and even stories as well as qualification material.. and still didn't open. AA and other crap got the best of me. Not a totally wasted day, I picked up a nice peacock shirt and some accessories (bracelet, ring)

Wish me better luck next time guys!

spacemonkey25
03-23-2008, 01:35 AM
I went out today with my 2 friends again to the mall. AA still got the best of us but I managed to make it and actually open. My 2 friends didn't but I don't sweat it, better next time. We literally walked around for hours and went into stores and shit, for maybe 1.5 hours. Then we were leaning up against the banisters just talking about AA and bam this one girl walks by. I open her out of nowhere with The Judge's fat slob mall situational opener and she actually laughs at it. It seems as though it hooked but it was not important since her parents were waiting for her a little away. I think it was awkward for her since she couldn't invest in it at all. After the opener I attempted to stack forward to the finger length routine, she actually put her hand out when I asked her to see her hand (good sign IMO) but didn't ask anything when I said "Hmm.. interesting" since it seemed as though she was in a rush to get going. That's when direct game is awesome but I can't pull it off just yet as a noob. However, I felt SO MUCH MORE confident! My delivery was actually almost spot-on in terms of voice tonality and smiling/laughing.

Then 2 minutes later another 2-set comes by and I try to open with "hey guys, real quick" and open with Judge's opener again, but they were a moving set and just said "no thanks" and walked away laughing. Wow, my first instant blowout. It was more awkward than bothersome especially when I saw them again TWICE. That was about it, 1 full open and 1 attempt, but progress is progress. Might go again tomorrow and try again.

spacemonkey25
03-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Went out today with my friend. We went to Macy's first for my friend to buy a shirt or something but he didn't find anything. Then we had to run to catch the bus (which we missed) and had to walk there 15 minutes in the cold and with sweaty backs. We were so tired and upset when we got there, hungry too-- not in a sarging mood at all. My friend couldn't even take off his big ugly winter coat since his shirt was all sweated through and looked ugly. Lucky I didn't sweat too bad and had on an undershirt too.

Again AA got the better of us for a while. We wandered around around an hour and a half with no luck whatsoever, not one approach. My friend did one, but barely-- he forced himself to do it and didn't get past the opened. Regardless, good job for doing it.

We agreed on leaving the mall at 7:30 since it was late and had other things to do, so I said ok I will open by 7:30. Yeah right-- but I did remember this one drill a guy did, open 10 sets in 10 minutes, its just an AA Destroyer exercise. Its designed just to alleviate your anxiety of approaching without going further. Thats a sticking point of mine-- AA! If I can get the first few words in, I think I can stack forward since i'm more natural once i'm in and I have material and a structure too.

I decided to do it! I was stalling until my friend decided he would do it too. MAN-- the sets got SO easy once my friend did it. We were walking up to people left and right saying, "Hey guys, real quick- i'm doing a bet with my friend that I can approach 10 girls in 10 minutes and you guys are # __. See you guys around." Thats it-- seems simple probably to you guys, but i'm so happy that I did it and some were easily HB8+ so the fact that I had the balls to even approach them, smile, and say this stuff is AWESOME since I have bad AA.

I got 8 in 10 minutes due to a lack of people and my friend was doing it too so I had to wait for him (we went one-one) But I did the extra 2 in overtime ;)

-I opened 3 different asian sets. Wow.. one of them was practically running away, and the other 2 were like perplexed and wierded out. Happened with my friend too.. asians are no good for me anyways.
-I opened an HB8 who gave a nice smile and receptive in general, said good luck.
-Opened a few black girls who were stonefaced/reactionless.
-The others generally said good luck or whatever or nothing at all.

I'm doing this again tomorrow as a warm-up and then we will try real sets. Maybe even add a neg in there.

Sin
03-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Went out today with my friend. We went to Macy's first for my friend to buy a shirt or something but he didn't find anything. Then we had to run to catch the bus (which we missed) and had to walk there 15 minutes in the cold and with sweaty backs. We were so tired and upset when we got there, hungry too-- not in a sarging mood at all. My friend couldn't even take off his big ugly winter coat since his shirt was all sweated through and looked ugly. Lucky I didn't sweat too bad and had on an undershirt too.

Again AA got the better of us for a while. We wandered around around an hour and a half with no luck whatsoever, not one approach. My friend did one, but barely-- he forced himself to do it and didn't get past the opened. Regardless, good job for doing it.

We agreed on leaving the mall at 7:30 since it was late and had other things to do, so I said ok I will open by 7:30. Yeah right-- but I did remember this one drill a guy did, open 10 sets in 10 minutes, its just an AA Destroyer exercise. Its designed just to alleviate your anxiety of approaching without going further. Thats a sticking point of mine-- AA! If I can get the first few words in, I think I can stack forward since i'm more natural once i'm in and I have material and a structure too.

I decided to do it! I was stalling until my friend decided he would do it too. MAN-- the sets got SO easy once my friend did it. We were walking up to people left and right saying, "Hey guys, real quick- i'm doing a bet with my friend that I can approach 10 girls in 10 minutes and you guys are # __. See you guys around." Thats it-- seems simple probably to you guys, but i'm so happy that I did it and some were easily HB8+ so the fact that I had the balls to even approach them, smile, and say this stuff is AWESOME since I have bad AA.

I got 8 in 10 minutes due to a lack of people and my friend was doing it too so I had to wait for him (we went one-one) But I did the extra 2 in overtime ;)

-I opened 3 different asian sets. Wow.. one of them was practically running away, and the other 2 were like perplexed and wierded out. Happened with my friend too.. asians are no good for me anyways.
-I opened an HB8 who gave a nice smile and receptive in general, said good luck.
-Opened a few black girls who were stonefaced/reactionless.
-The others generally said good luck or whatever or nothing at all.

I'm doing this again tomorrow as a warm-up and then we will try real sets. Maybe even add a neg in there.

bump
yup i am that friend.
It started out what felt like it was gonna be the worst sarging day ever for me. But in the end it was the best one yet and i was "handicapped" by wearing a HUGE winter jacket :(. all in all it was fantastic

DaveyFresh"
03-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Good job props

spacemonkey25
03-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Okay, went again to the mall today with my friend. It was a little dry in terms of girls but still went decent. I was SO sleepy before and when we got there, so we went and got an energy drink. Until that kicked in and I had some bad AA, around 30-40 minutes passed. We both did an approach but it was so stupid since I choked on the material.

Maybe 20 minutes later we started approaching. We kept going for 2 hours or so with "Hey guys, real quick- i'm in a contest with my friend to talk to 100 strangers in an hour, and you guys are #___" It's more of an AA killer which I need badly but i'm glad i'm killing my AA. After a while it got pretty easy to approach. I even tried escalating with one set by doing best friends test but it didn't work out well.

All in all a good day- we ran an AA killer which is working better everytime and I even tried escalating. Some girls were interested and I know there was potential to take it further, but I still have AA which I need to kill.