PDA

View Full Version : Gym openers

latinguy
02-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Anyone have any good openers to use at the gym?

white thunder
02-15-2008, 11:53 PM
the gym is as a whole not a good place to open sets... i feel that girls r doing their own thing and more self-conscious there, so b careful... also a lot of times they have headphones in anyway, clearly projecting that they are not looking to b social

if u do decide to open sets i suggest using situational openers... but try to avoid getting into lame conversation like "r u going to use that" blah blah blah

also b careful negging or teasing... u dont want to say anything about their bodies or looks that is too extreme

another thing not to do is to use random openers like the jealous girlfriend or david bowie... they r very "out there" for a gym setting and i think its just uncalibrated

so yeah i just dont think the gym is a good place to sarge but if u do go for those situational openers, and i wuld first screen them in ur head to make sure u dont travel down any dangerous threads

checkers
02-16-2008, 12:51 AM
I've only got 2 numbers at the gym. Both times, I just made eye contact and said hi. After the basic introduction you can get your iois and start running some regular game on them.

Hengman
02-16-2008, 04:30 PM
I used to work at one, so my typical opener was, "Hey! You're doing that wrong." Then I pretend to walk away, then turn around and tell them, "But since I'm here, I'm going to help you out."

latinguy
02-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Nice post, hengman. But since you're in a work frame, how easy was it to transition into a2, a3 and bouncing?

Hengman
02-16-2008, 05:25 PM
It wasn't too hard. It was pretty easy, but it was useless.

The opener was smooth. There's really no attraction needed when you're in a work frame 'cause the HG always wins, and I was the HG in the situation. So, usually, I built rapport while jumping from A2 and A3. This just throws me under the radar.

lark5000
02-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I've used this;

"How tall are you?"

and

"Have you ever had one of those days where you're too tired to come into the gym?" wait til she agrees "you know what's a good trick? Have a coffee before you come in, it supercharges your workout!" have her reflect, pause "I love doing the lying down leg curls on those days, because it makes resting between sets easy. But the flipside is you have to fight not falling asleep!"

go into next routine...