PDA

View Full Version : NEW opener for day game (street sarging)

Love
01-27-2008, 08:26 AM
You: Hi, do you know where the nearest Starbucks is?
Her: blah blah
You: Oh great, thanks. I keep forgetting directions all the time. You should be my new tour guide.

cosmic
01-28-2008, 01:22 AM
That's pretty terrible in my opinion... where would you go from there? Sounds like an AFC line trying to talk to someone.

Dude911
01-28-2008, 03:02 PM
awfull.....

Alpha_Helix
01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
I acutally used that line before... becuase i was acutally tryign to find a starbucks... i talked to the lady for 15 mins... then her friend came haha... it works jsut tell her how suprised you are that she was good with directiosn unlike what the stereotype suggests

Love
01-29-2008, 01:35 AM
yeah opinion openers are better i guess. I thought asking for directions and then making a cocky/funny remark would be cool. But I guess I should just drop this opener. Thanks for discussing this.

kristofe
01-30-2008, 04:25 AM
You didn't make that opener up.

It's from either David De'Angelo or Alex, i forget.

And it works well for me.

Hengman
02-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Actually, situational openers work best.

Opinion openers can get you called out now.

chukwuemekanwachukwu
02-04-2008, 02:48 PM
hey guys, this is a very nice opener, if you screw up your face all suspicious- like and then go, 'are you sure youre not setting me up ?', shes bound to look shocked, then my friend, its murder from then on.

latinguy
02-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Actually, situational openers work best.

Opinion openers can get you called out now.

Really? What happens?

hunter101
02-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Heres a tip for you guys, there are 4 (5 total) type of openers for cold approaches.

1) In-direct (MM's fav)
2) Direct
3) Situational
4) Observational

And

5) Warm Approaches (such as friends of friends, meet-ups, ect ect).

From here, you will either hit or miss for day game. What works best are number 3 and 4. Why? Well it just does. k? Cool.

-love, j

cookiemonster
02-04-2008, 06:10 PM
what do u mean murder from then on? how do u progress

Love
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
what do u mean murder from then on? how do u progress

Ask for directions.. then bust on them ("are you sure you're not setting me up"),
remember to smile like a player :D

They'll be like - surprised/smiling

IF you DO get a smile (which shows she got the joke) then -
YOU: "You look like one of those naughty girls, who like to trick innocent guys like me" - smile when you say that.

YOU: "I read an article recently which said that girls lie more and cheat more than guys.. so I'm a little skeptical after that"
YOU: "Do you think that's true"

InstantExcitement
02-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I ran this the other day during a bootcamp and found a good way to transition the thread into making a joke about how most of the starbucks in this area (college area) are usually fake, and gave her a story about a terrible barista experience I had (DHVs and Leader of Men were what I was conveying). I then was able to run a routine about hairstyles with her(Negging) then her BF came out, she introduced and I exited, but I had her step down 3 out of 8 stairs towards me, and smile/laugh for most of the conversation.

usher
02-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Wow, there are a lot of suggestions here that are just not good at all.

A few of you guys have more work to do...

Fortunehooks
02-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Daygameguy, you can always refine your opener. For instance, remove starbucks from it, and insert another place. Have fun in the field and don't let the outcome overshadow what your endgame goals are.

Deft9
02-27-2008, 03:58 AM
Seems fine to me.

I agree with Decibal though. You need to stack forward immediately.

Fieldy
02-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Usally they well go on about "the game" or they will cut you of with a opener they have been used on. just a shit test. easy to get around.
One time i was winging a mate who ran into the same thing as soon he started the opener they cut him off, so we just went we don't know what the hell your talking about, but really blar blar blar.

whoops! didn't see the second page :D

sgt. sarge
03-02-2008, 09:30 PM
dude if your cocky funny line is working for you then why drop it? regardless of what some of these guys consider "AFCish"

riskyldn
03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Ive actually seen a guy from London use this extremely effectively (afc adam) but its not a particularly good opener but i go with Juggler on this in that openers don't matter ... they will forget how you started the conversation after the interaction and remember the important things

tony77
03-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey

I find in the daytime situational works better than using canned lines and you can always stack forward wiht opinion openers as it appears more natural that way!

Andre
03-07-2008, 10:22 PM
First of all, to everyone who says the opener is awful: Any opener is better than no opener.

But then again, from such a standard opener, you need a good transition to your next thread.

sublime
03-13-2008, 02:26 AM
just hearing that made me cringe,

Oh great, thanks. ioi
I keep forgetting directions all the time. dlv
You should be my new tour guide. ioi

can you get any more afc and needy?

Manslut
03-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Who here is getting called out on canned openers? I gotta read about this.

I used canned openers but they are original, so it's not like a girl can actually call me out on something she never heard before.

If she does (never happened), I have a response:

Her: are you using pickup lines on me?
Me: hahahaha. Maybe
Her: Well it's not gonna work
Me: why would it? pickup lines are retarded. I mean isn't it better if guys would just be themselves and stop trying so damn hard to impress women?

tony77
03-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi

I don't open on the street anymore due to a bad experience I had when I opened a 2 set with something i made up "hey guys do you know any t shirt shops roudn here?" and one of them said "i remember you asked me something before" and I said "did I?" and carried on walking! So now I prefer to go into shops and open sets looking at stuff, sales assitants and even peopel stationary on the street.

Manslut
03-17-2008, 06:12 AM
I don't open on the street anymore due to a bad experience I had when I opened a 2 set with something i made up "hey guys do you know any t shirt shops roudn here?" and one of them said "i remember you asked me something before" and I said "did I?" and carried on walking! So now I prefer to go into shops and open sets looking at stuff, sales assitants and even peopel stationary on the street.
Sales associates can't stop and chat, because they have work to do.

Chat up the customers.

Fieldy
03-22-2008, 06:03 AM

Dude that wasn't a bad experence she remembered you so you could of re-gamed her, could of said something along the lines of "oh really did I... humm strange, did i find it helpful..?" as you walked with them to where ever.

03-25-2008, 06:10 PM
salvage originall pickup

first post
could have potential even though it is AFCish

Ask for direct
you: thanks
you: if u maybe get a better haircut (or better skirt or shoes)[NEG]
you:then u could be my tour guide (smile)
You: u know what show me the store(insert store here)
then move on to other routines. This pick up is still kind of a dead end but better off then before with the neg sandwhiched in there. However the are u tricking me PU from before is better than this salvaged one because u can stack into another routine.

Vamped
03-26-2008, 02:20 AM
I have the absolute fucking ultimate daygame pickup opener line of absolute glory and destiny. Are you ready? ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKING READ!?!?

Walk down street. See hot girl. Get eye contact. Tell her stop. Say hi. Win.

Greystoke
03-26-2008, 02:43 AM
It's a called a functional opener... or a pre-opener.

The first thing you say does not matter that much,

it's waht you say next.

oddball
03-27-2008, 08:46 AM
You: Hi, do you know where the nearest Starbucks is?
Her: blah blah
You: Oh great, thanks. I keep forgetting directions all the time. You should be my new tour guide.

i think its way 2 needy

Manslut
03-28-2008, 02:08 AM
I have the absolute fucking ultimate daygame pickup opener line of absolute glory and destiny. Are you ready? ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKING READ!?!?

Walk down street. See hot girl. Get eye contact. Tell her stop. Say hi. Win.
Wow u are so original

Artisan
05-22-2008, 10:57 AM
WoW, I can actually see that happening...and it is a winning situation

It's like, eye contact!

You: HEY!! YOU!! STOP! (with hand reached our like your stopping a fucken bus)
HB: (the fuck is this retard doing)
You: Oh hey I just wanted to say Hi
HB: (keeps walking while thinking "damn i'm hot")
You: YES!!! I GOT REJECTED AGAIN! That's another experience point under my belt!

marduk
05-22-2008, 08:51 PM
All of these types of openers are only good for showing a woman how in-direct you can possibly be. The only opener that is good for the street/mall/beach is being more direct by telling her WHY you think she is hot, and not because her tits are so nice.

Just get out of your own head and tell a girl that you like the way she walks, her sunglasses, her rings, her t-shirt and then stack from there into some sexual banter. Be bold or go home-

Artisan
05-23-2008, 12:12 AM
A direct approach in the day time isn't bad, but I don't really think it any better or worse than your typical indirect approach...

again a good pua should be able to use both appropriately when necessary upon the situation.

So whether its indirect or direct, it's not that one is better than the other, they're just different.

SmoothDoc
05-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Artisan,

You are so wrong.

In daygame direct approach is the best.

They are not standing there. They are walking. You have to be direct, because you don 't got time for bantering.

As a MPUA I can do both of course. Don't get me wrong.

Here "Hi, where is the station. Oh you are so friendly, you are the third one who I asked, and noone wanted to stop. People are sometimes so weird these day, don't you think?. Anyway, because you are so friendly, could you yust help me with another question I have? etc, etc.

But why? Indirect cost's me a lot more time, and doesn't work so well as direct.

I actually wonder, if you have done any daygame yourself.

Yust do 10 direct, and 10 indirect, and tell me the results.

Cu,

SmoothDoc

Artisan
05-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Well smoothdoc, I think you should read my statement alittle bit closer

I basically said both are effective "upon the situation", so there really is no "BEST"

Yeh sure on a moving set perhaps a direct approach is better, however is every hot girl going to be moving in the day time? OF COURSE NOT.

Some may be sitting, some may be waiting for a bus, etc. Within such as these cases, an indirect approach may be just as good.

Bro, you can't get as TECHNICAL to say "Direct is the BEST" since every pick-up is a bit different upon the situation and position.

Also, on your example, after you asked that 1st question, why would you ask ANOTHER question? Now that's wasting energy and time, since you should move on from there instead of continuing to open once more.

The idea of indirect is to basically approach them without showing an IOI so obviously (just like your example, all you did was ask something you could ask anyone) but after you open the 1st time, you move on

Perhaps you could speed up your indirect approach by just after opening the set using a light neg then go into a story or what not.

I understand where your coming from though, with the direct thing, but I believe you should use both ways of approaching upon the situation

ight?

lookagain
06-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I use this one,

Hi,... you look funny/fun ...
wanne have a drink?

It short, it's simple even I can't fuck this one up. In the beginning maby only 20% say yes but if she says no it's easy to recover with a nonreactive "ok" and just run another routine.

jech
08-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Man I don't visit VA for a few months and I see all this ill advice

You guys really need to watch the blueprint

To the OP:
The opener is fine, as long as you continue to elicit all the alpha qualities and be able to transition.

And don't drop the opener cos a couple of posters said it sucks. That is reacting. You are buying into THEIR frame. Have your own opinion and test it out. If it works, then fuck it it works.

Mr' Milkshake
08-19-2008, 10:10 PM
used that one successfully.. used an observational transition afterward, and then a silly opinion opener as an A2 gambit.. (then timebridge'd right after as i knew i had compliance to.. but that only applied to one situation)

Raven
09-03-2008, 04:05 AM
I never heard DD mention a Starbucks opener.

According to him, almost anything can be an opener if you have your vice tone and body language right.

In my opinion, local info openers can be a prooblem if done the way expressed above: "I'm bad at directions" DLV

Instead, if you must use this opener, frame it in a DHV or preselection

"This is not my neighborhood and I have a business meeting/date there in a few minutes"

"I used to go there with my ex gf and I think I blocked it out"

"I normally go to the Tea Lounge" (I'm there now; kicks starbuck's ass)

"I'm not a coffee drinker but I was thinking of adding SBUX to my portfolio"

Tucker
09-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Lately I've been getting away from opinion openers for the simple fact that they're overused and I start to feel like a hack after a while. Ask ten different girls if they think Mick Jagger's hot and you'll know exactly what I mean. For me, when I was first learning to open these sorts of openers worked great but as I learned micro calibrate and fine tune my delivery, body language, and CES I've been making the switch to more situational, direct, and assistance openers. The "Starbucks Opener" is an example of an assistance opener.

Of course, when you're asking where the nearest Starbucks is expect to get a pretty short response. You're not going to get into a great exchange with this alone. Also, since there are no embedded DHV's you need to be ready to plow forward and have some other material already stacked and in place.

As you get more comfortable you can keep it all relevant and in the moment and be more organic with your approaches and interactions. CES - Current Emotional State - is incredibly important when you aren't using canned material that has built in DHV's. Whether you're asking for the nearest place to score a latte or whether or not she thinks 70 year old Rock Gods still have sex appeal it's really important to keep the right vibe in place.

D.J.
10-10-2008, 06:56 PM
The Original poster's opner was a mutant of Pick Up 101's Directions Opener.

Like, if she doesn't know, than tell her she's just trying to get you lost so you'd hang out with her instead.
If she knows, than say she's giving you wrong directions cuz she doesnt really know and smile a her.

Or sumn like that...I havent used that one in a while...but I'll repost it when i find it later on...

-D.J