PDA

View Full Version : peacocking

Rogue Casanova
12-06-2007, 08:28 PM
what to do when you have a comment made about an accessory you may be wearing like a chain

Shit test comment
"seriously if you dont want to be considered gay i would take that off"
Or if your nails are painted
any thoughts

alwaysmelancholy
12-06-2007, 08:38 PM
There's a cool youtube clip of mystery sarging a girl who asks him about his nails.

He responds by saying something like "they're painted BLACK, not PINK honey get it straight".

Stryker
12-06-2007, 08:38 PM
if your nails are painted the Mystery " They aint pink honey" will do. I wear a feathered type scarf, and i just rock it. No one has ever said anything other than wow...its so nice ( again if a guy is AMOG then AMOG back).

The biggest mistake i see in guys who peacock is that it is not congruent with their personality. Take mystery. he is a magician, and just has the vibe. He rocks it out. Im a musician. I rock out my fedora and or whatever hat, and scarf, etc...

I am super confident with my accessories, and that is the main factor in making peacock work, IMO. Lack of confidence shows a mile away.

Rogue Casanova
12-06-2007, 08:46 PM
alright cool cause it had just happened about 10 mins ago,
this chick literally caught me off guard cause im used to getting this, but she started to shit test the shit out of me after that and i just ignored her and negged back.
I hope i happened to do it right

Rogue Casanova
12-06-2007, 08:48 PM
also i get about my chains so im looking for something about that if you dont mind.

Mimicita
12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't worry about appearing gay. Gay men have GOOD taste in clothes and aesthetics, and wouldn't be caught dead in anything so over-the-top and borderline ridiculous as whatever wardrobe item(s) that are used for peacocking. ;)

Fasine
12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
If she's saying "If you don't want people to think you're gay you should take that off." I'd respond with "Why the sudden interest in my sexual preferences, missy?" Try to turn it around on her. It sounds like you're looking for an EXCUSE to wear peacocking material, if that's the case then you need to get comfortable with what you wear first before you'll be able to handle being attacked for it by shit tests. My friend recommends "going to a thrift store and just finding the coolest shit they have and trying to wear it." If it's something you seriously like and appreciate, you won't have to even think to defend it. I wear slap bracelets with old-school cartoon characters on them, personally. Anyone who has a problem with Doug can kiss me. Not on the lips.

Beyonder
12-06-2007, 09:49 PM
alright cool cause it had just happened about 10 mins ago,
this chick literally caught me off guard cause im used to getting this, but she started to shit test the shit out of me after that and i just ignored her and negged back.
I hope i happened to do it right

Be careful about 'negging back'.

Just the way you typed it, it comes off as you retaliating because you were insulted. You DID NOT 'ignore it'. Don't make the girl think(conciously or subconciously) that you're 'getting her back' for what she said.

You'll lose a lot of power that way. You will fail the shit test, because it will look like you were offended by it. It also looks like you care way too much about what she thinks.

Don't let the shit test mess with your frame, and force you to fight back. Just something to keep in mind.

magicmanyea3
12-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Why would you deny being gay? Style would tell chicks he was gay, and said it was unfair how easy it made getting them into bed. Joking about your sexuality shows you're a confident guy who doesn't seek validation from others.

what he said^^^ lol

azazels_wolf
12-07-2007, 02:50 AM
pua ace:

Chains are also common fashion highlights in many music and subculture scenes. If you're part of a certain scene, you can use that to your advantage.

The above suggestions are great, but I've got an additional thought... you can dhv and playfully neg her back at the same time:

ST: "You should take that chain off, blah blah"

RF: "You obviously don't know much about the ____ scene, do you. Geez, I can't even TALK to you right now."

maxtall
12-07-2007, 05:26 AM
This is VERY simple Swingcat stuff

Bro,

If you ain't got Swingcat's ebook, 100% buy it.

Totally worth it.

Here's my fav: Apply it BACK to the person --

"And if you don't want to be considered, quit making fashion statement critiques."

But Swingie shows you tons of ways to handle all these things.

Maxtall