PDA

View Full Version : loc: AFChumpsville

dex5
11-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Anyone out there experience major success after learning PUA, compared to the horrible results they were getting from life prior to PUA ???

Here's why I ask:

This is sick...

My entire approach to life needs a major overhaul. Right now I'm your standard AFC who is broken-hearted after being dumped after an 8-year LTR, and it's completely my fault that my life is so AFC-ville.

She is a very quality woman, but a woman I probably had little business being with for so long. We stayed together for so long, even though it's been pretty clear for a while that things were not progressing, because both of us have had VERY, VERY few other options (both of us are quite shy and have lived pretty sheltered lives).

So we both kind of knew it was likely going nowhere, but stayed together nonetheless. And I certainly didn't want things to end now. She moved on and is now dating someone else. I'm standing here alone with my nutsack in my hand feeling like the world is coming to an end. ( BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...3 paragraphs about your ex? Your location: Towne Square in AFChumpsville. )

RANT:
I hate that I've wasted so many years accepting mediocrity (i.e. not my ex, but the failing relationship with her), and I hate that I'm 36 years old and pee my pants when I think about talking to a woman. Shit, I pee my pants when I have to go to the grocery store by myself. I hate that this stuff doesn't come naturally to me, and I especially hate that I didn't learn how to talk to people / women 20 years ago, 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago.

RAVE:
The great news for me is that I've learned that something like PUA even exists. And the great new also is that I now have hope that I can gain control over my social life. For someone as shy as me, as I'm sure it is for others too, this is H-U-G-E.

RESULT:
This is my first and last post complaining about being AFC. It's forward from here on out. See you guys in PUAville.

dex5
11-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks man. This "resiliance" that you speak of is probably much more profound than I can imagine at this point. This PUA stuff is SUCH a paradigm shift...and thank God/allah/buddha/santa that it is. :cool:

Carter Smith
11-27-2007, 02:55 AM
welcome aboard. You'll enjoy it, i'm sure.