PDA

View Full Version : Never Thought This Would be a Problem [rant]

Dynamism
02-24-2007, 07:32 PM
A lot of people are getting worried that this knowledge will somehow become "common-knowledge."
Well you know what? I sure hope it does!

Because I'm tired of not being able to find ONE guy that gets this shit who lives in this area. Each time I go out with people they've no clue what the hell they are doing. They've got their little friends and their little cliques. And for them thats enough. For them meeing women and becoming better with them is nowhere near their goal. They don't even consider it, even though as an attractive girl walks by they just frickin giggle like kindergarteners.

I'm seeing that more and more often they are an obsticle to my game. I just want to find ONE good wing that at least gets the BASICS of this.

The way things are going, fellas, it ain't going to be anytime soon that what we know will become "common knowledge," for better or for worse.

But you know what? If not I might find that going out and sarging alone will have to work, because I am not at all finding it possible to do it with AFCs and bad asses who think they know, but who in reality have no idea.

wukidd
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
go with a few friends (share the cab fee) and just sarge alone.
as for the game becoming "common knowledge" ?
no thanks, the more its stayed hidden the more targets we get, the less chance we ran into a girl who have heard of the opener, routine, The Game, VAH or whatever.

where you at anyways?

Dynamism
02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Even if we wanted it to become common-knowledge, I don't think it will.
People have their own lives and aren't sitting around bored looking to discover something that was hidden.
They are stuck in their own daily routines. The only way they're going to break out of it is if they have a reason to do it.
Someone showing them a book on this stuff alone isn't a reason.

I'm in south-eastern Michigan, btw.

Adamm
02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Don't Hold Your Breath

It sounds like your major issue is finding a good wing. With that in mind, you may very well be waiting a long time, possibly a lifetime. IME, "pua's" loosely defined, are absolutely desperate to get in on any good set by any means possible. Even if they HAVE read and studied, their anxiety kicks in and they'll say the most stupid shit despite countless hours of reading, once a girl is in their proximity.

With naturals, you may or may not be better off. They tend not to respect wing rules and will AMOG you in a heartbeat as well. Their game is solid once in set, but expect to compete rather than cooperate with these guys.

In a year and a half of meeting pua's and naturals, I've met exactly ONE guy who is a good wingman (i.e., respects wing rules). The rAFC's and naturals just don't give a shit about wing rules. They want to get laid.

Seriously, if you find a good wing, stick to him or her like glue. Just about every attempt I've made to reform wings has been completely ineffective. I recently had a "wing" lecture me for over an hour on how he wanted me to work with him. He gave me a boatload of rules. Guess what, as soon as a chick opens me, he attempted to AMOG me and repeated the behavior over the course of a weekend.

In other words, the cognitive process of learning game dynamics is almost always overridden by the panic of pussy proximity in the field. Find a good wing and stick to him like glue or open sets and close them solo. Don't rely on your "wing."

Adamm

wukidd
02-25-2007, 01:26 AM
The rAFC's and naturals just don't give a shit about wing rules. They want to get laid.

that is so true

you could also show your best friends (the ones that are willing to try new things and have a reason to learn something like this) the path to becoming a PUA. Since they are your best friends they WILL respect you and the wing rule :)

Dynamism
02-25-2007, 01:48 AM
IME, "pua's" loosely defined, are absolutely desperate to get in on any good set by any means possible. Even if they HAVE read and studied, their anxiety kicks in and they'll say the most stupid shit despite countless hours of reading, once a girl is in their proximity.

Adamm

I'm confused, with them reading and studying, what makes them different from us?
Or did you mean anyone who has read anything else aside from MM? I need a little clarification on that.

But other than that, great post. It certainly makes sense what you're saying that I should either get out there and face my own problems and fears and solve them, or keep hoping. Good stuff. And makes a lot of sense in terms of the fact that even though these "players" are not AFCs, they can do stupid shit.

that is so true

you could also show your best friends (the ones that are willing to try new things and have a reason to learn something like this) the path to becoming a PUA. Since they are your best friends they WILL respect you and the wing rule :)

I've tried baiting them, hinting at it. Once I heard someone write on here (or on the other MM forum) that no matter how good this stuff seems to other people, rarely will they get into it.
We value this. Showing it to someone doesn't guarantee that they'll see the value in it. People have a totally different perspective most of the time. No matter how much you convince them to look at the big picture that what they've learned from society or their mom isn't right, they won't listen.

Or at least I've yet to suggest this to a responsive person.
As of now at the best case scenario they ignore me.
Worst case scenario they think I'm a wacko. Haha... well, their loss.

My brother is in on this. He's 21, I'm 18. He's had the opportunity to get as much knowledge as I have had. He sees the possibility and the power of it. Yet he doesn't take it seriously. I have no idea why. Even though he has some experience, I see him time after time fall into the same AFC mindset.

It takes more to change a person than we thought.

I can't really sarge with friends or with him. Something's gotta change.

Casimir
02-25-2007, 02:13 AM
You don't need a wing, man. Forget about it and just go own the place.

Wings are only really necessary in 2-sets, and even then they aren't absolutely required.

I find I do better by myself. I'm in a lair and have access to a number of solid wings and I've decided to start going alone again. This way I get every set and I don't spend half the night winging for my friend.

wukidd
02-25-2007, 02:46 AM
its true that you only need a wing in a 2-set, but going out alone is just NOT cool.
another way to do it is to go out with a few female friends

Dynamism
02-25-2007, 03:25 AM
another way to do it is to go out with a few female friends

That, my friend, is not a problem. :)
Although I guess they have to learn about my intentions of Sarging the hard way because I dont intend on sitting down with them and explaining what I'm about.

Superfreak
02-25-2007, 04:33 AM
You could send every guy in America a pickup guide, only 2-5% would ever read it and put in the effort needed to use the information. The sad thing is a vast majority of those that read it would still bitch and wine about women and just go on about how its nothing but BS.

So there is no chance that it will ever be the main stream. Look at how many health clubs, etc that are out there. If you asked most people if they thought working out would do them some good most would agree but yet we are probably the fattest country in the world over all % wise.

So all this talk of fear of it being main stream is a bunch of BS. Now our #'s may grow that is true but the game will always evolve and very few will keep up.

Also we will get the same types we have now, I think we have all ran into people that think they have game but are just morons. I see the future being the same really those that put in the effort will reap the rewards.

Sway
02-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I understand your frustration, but this is the price you pay for being part of an elite. Most people, even with the knowledge are too weak to deal with some of the social pressures that they have to overcome.

Treat it like an oppurtunity to become the greatest lone sarger you can be. Soon enough you'll find guys who'll be your wing. In fact, other PUAs will spot you straight away.

- Sway

TomSawyer
02-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Honestly the only guys worth winging are those who been to a professional PUA bootcamp. The newbies who've read Style's book, in my expereience:
-can't each approach, even when forced
-are value suckers
-create drama

As for this going mainstream. I have a few AFC friends, when were all out together, will make fun of me being in the game. But privately will contact me via emai/txt messages looking for female help...Then I offer them advise and they throw it in the shitter...whatever...

-TomSawyer

wukidd
02-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Honestly the only guys worth winging are those who been to a professional PUA bootcamp.

Dont be so harsh dude, think of all those ppl that cant afford the price and the plane ticket :(

dman
02-26-2007, 01:15 PM
that is so true

Seriously, don't! And if you do, do it very very slowly... giving out little pieces and seeing how they react.

Otherwise it is like being hit with a tidal wave. Either way, people have many socially inbuilt resistences to this new way of thinking.

As for this becoming "common knowledge", just read my sig.

TomSawyer
02-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Poverty Mentality

Dont be so harsh dude, think of all those ppl that cant afford the price and the plane ticket :(

That's another area, the poverty mentality, that seems to grip so many men in this community.

A pro bootcamp is like investing in yourself. Stop making excuses and just do it.

-TomSawyer

wukidd
02-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Not everyone have the time to make $$$

Seriously, don't! And if you do, do it very very slowly... giving out little pieces and seeing how they react.

Otherwise it is like being hit with a tidal wave. Either way, people have many socially inbuilt resistences to this new way of thinking.

As for this becoming "common knowledge", just read my sig.

i just show them "The Game" :)

That's another area, the poverty mentality, that seems to grip so many men in this community.

A pro bootcamp is like investing in yourself. Stop making excuses and just do it.

-TomSawyer

dude, some ppl are studying things like Engineering and Medicine, that means no time to work, and summer holidays are crammed with work experience that dont pay. Think of those ppl who live in countries that dont make that much money. its not like i wouldnt take the boot camp if i HAVE that money. Have loads of cash dont make you a better person.

p.s any chance of the VAH instructors running a bootcamp in Europe? (not London please, England is way too expansive)

TomSawyer
02-27-2007, 05:22 AM
i just show them "The Game" :)
dude, some ppl are studying things like Engineering and Medicine, that means no time to work, and summer holidays are crammed with work experience that dont pay. Think of those ppl who live in countries that dont make that much money. its not like i wouldnt take the boot camp if i HAVE that money. Have loads of cash dont make you a better person.

My situation when I took my bootcamp (Dec 2004):
-working fulltime as a manager (in an IT dept)
-going to grad school at night (paid for out of my own pocket)

Again, invest in yourself.

-TomSawyer