PDA

View Full Version : How much canned material do you have memorized for A2?

tragic_carpet_ride
11-10-2007, 07:22 AM
I just realized that if need be (usually doesnt take me this long to get into A3), including a few memorized stories, I can probably spit out about 20-30 minutes of completely canned routines/stories/material. I also obviously improvise and adapt around this material.

I dont know; on the one hand I do feel a little bit like a social robot, but on the other hand usually if I cold approach and I'm locked in and get down the bitch shield, I'll almost always get IOIs following my material stack. I can get IOI's without following it too, but theres just a bunch of built-in DHVs and easy kino bits and things that will always be funny/interesting that its hard not to fall back on this stuff.

I guess the broader question is, how do you guys feel about canned routines vs. natural game?

PUA! at the Disco
11-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I just realized that if need be (usually doesnt take me this long to get into A3), including a few memorized stories, I can probably spit out about 20-30 minutes of completely canned routines/stories/material. I also obviously improvise and adapt around this material.

Personally, I think that's more than enough. If you're not getting IOIs at that point, move on.

I dont know; on the one hand I do feel a little bit like a social robot

See, to me the realm of COLD APPROACH is different and the idea of being a social robot in COLD APPROACH is horseshit.

In a party it's obvious you don't want to be running routines.

In that environment though, there's the PRETEXT involved that makes it socially more acceptable to meet people and just be like "Hey, my name is PUA! at the Disco. How do you guys know the host?" whereas it's a little bit different in a club or bar where you have no VALID reason to talk to the group of people other than the fact that you're probably interested.

The social pretext is different in cold approach than in warm or hot approach. [/rant]

I guess the broader question is, how do you guys feel about canned routines vs. natural game?

Both can be good. I like the term SPONTANEOUS game (or maybe improv game, idk) better however than natural game because my canned doesn't come off as canned; it comes off as natural. If it doesn't, you're doing it wrong.

tragic_carpet_ride
11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I agree, if I ran material for that long and I wasn't getting more than 3 IOI's, I would be doing something horribly wrong.

I don't think I've ever gotten that far into it though; maybe in my early days when I didn't know when to go into A3.