PDA

View Full Version : First Field Report (kind of...)

Christian Hans
10-09-2007, 04:30 AM
Ok, so as you can tell by my post count, I just recently joined this forum (2 days ago) and have little experience with PUA tactics other than what is natural to me.

Im 21, my "score" is 9... if that give you any insight into my natural skills. Let it be known, I'm willing to learn A LOT.

So, 4 days ago, I was hanging out with one of my best friends. We went to his neighbors house (two girls, both 21). I didn't intentionally run game on either girl seeing as I wasn't really all that attracted to them. One was an HB6.5 but not my type. I didn't need to open since it was 6 of us hanging out so I sat down in the only open seat in the room (love seat next to the target).

We talked a little bit, it was friendly. Wasn't really spitting game. Then she showed me pictures on her cellphone. I came upon pictures of her "model" pose which I then playfully poked fun at and offered suggestions I'd heard Tyra give to models on her reality show. Then i came upon 4 or 5 pictures of her cats. I'm allergic to cats, so I negged her saying something along the lines of "Looks like I could never date you, seeing as I'm allergic." We then migrated to my friends house and I stopped sarging.

So anyways... this is the thing. My friend approaches me today and says that I had apparantly upset the girl. Apparantly I came off as rude and told him of the comment I had made about "not dating her." I think its silly and my friend didn't care much.

My question is, was there something noticeably wrong with my game? And how do you deal with sarging on girls whom your friends have a friendship with, especially when running a cocky-funny routine that might offend the wrong person."

Hubris
10-09-2007, 04:52 AM
You may have missed it, but the point of the neg is to get a girl to qualify herself and then you start accepting her. It repositions you to be the one approving her attention vs. vice versa. IE you become the linchpin in the interaction, she is qualifying to you.

She may have done so and you may have shrugged it off in which case you may have come off as a dick.

Edit: She probably tried to qualify herself in the modeling bit. Then you negged her again in the cats. A 6.5 doesn't really need two negs and rejected qualification particularly from a "9" guy.

Deft9
10-09-2007, 04:58 AM
That didn't sound that bad to me. I guess she was really insulted/hurt at the idea that someone wouldn't date her because she had cats.

"I could never date you..." type stuff is usually used as a false disqualfier, but in this case maybe it was too much for her and she really felt rejected.

EDIT: good point Hubris.

Christian Hans
10-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Appreciate the feedback guys. Like I said, I'm just starting out and I've got a lot of learning to do.

And as far as what I said: "my 'score' is 9." I wouldn't normally throw that in but I saw in Neil Strauss's The Game it was a question Mystery asked each of his students. I know this is NOT a contest (we're not in the gym trying to see who benches the most lol).

Hubris
10-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Yeah, I'm not making fun of you, my opinion of myself is high too. :)

But women are just like men, they are intimidated by appearance, a very high value guy (which a 9 at first glance is) is going to be higher value, she may have not needed a neg at all, in fact; the photo routine is one of the most common DHV routines a pickup artist runs. She may have been trying to qualify herself by DHVing using a PUA routine without even knowing it.

Christian Hans
10-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Can you elaborate Hubris? Or maybe we could communicate sometime through PMs or IMs...
Oh and I believe a guy's "score" referred to how many girls he had slept with. Of course, everyone's circumstances are different. If you were reffering to score as in physical attractiveness to women, I'd say 8.5-9.

Hubris
10-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Oop I'm retarded.

Here is an example of what I mean, much more exaggerated.

You are in a bar, you are working the girls and they laugh, you are working the guys and they look at you like they want to be you, random guy comes by and high fives you, another brings you a drink and refuses to take any money for it. Your target sees it all and let's say she's a 7, a little above average. You have social proof, you are good looking, you are dressed well and you don't have bad breath. You're the guy.

You go up and cold open her. She may immediately start qualifying to you, why? Because you are hot shit. She may not need a neg, because she is already wants to qualify to you before you ever even opened her because you have demonstrated so much value. In mystery's book he specifically mentions this situation. And there are two courses of action accept her qualification "These pictures rule, omg cats are cute, wtf do you have model training?!" or DLV, "I love cats but I am allergic, I feel like a nerd saying that" Mystery explicitly suggests not DLVing and instead bring her to your level, but other PUAs, such as Juggler, live by them.

What if she's a ten? Yeah, I go up and still throw out 2-3 negs, because she's a ten.

So your 6.5 girl may have been qualifying before you even busted on her and when you threw out 2, combined with whatever value you already had going (Looks, social proof amongst friends, whatever) she took offense to it. Just a theory anyway. Hope that helps.

Christian Hans
10-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Ahhhh...

I must've overlooked the part about the importance of HB6 vs. HB9 or 10 besides aesthetic value.

I'll go back and study that.