PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Authority AMOGs

Deus
10-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Dammit! Last night I was gaming an HB at the frat that I'm pledging. Fantastic kino. Very, very receptive. I had just k-closed and I was building comfort when some drunk guy interrupts and starts to chat her up. So I come in and I start joking around with him and AMOG him a bit. He did, afterall, bust in on my set. I was not particularly agressive or anything.
Well, he gets pissed off. It turns out he is an alumni that graduated last year (so he wasn't obviously an alum). Since he's an alum, and I'm a pledge, he makes me do fucking push ups right there. BAM. Set destroyed.
I recovered somewhat by chatting a little more, then showing willingness to leave and chilling with a few other friends. Later I bounce her and a mutual friend to another location, but she's never as responsive as she was at the beginning.

How do you deal with AMOGs in authority positions?

lobster
10-12-2008, 08:46 PM
try talking to them seriousely and in private. they are human after all.
for instance: a few years ago, while i was trying to game some girl on my base, my commander (yes, in the army) came up and started yelling orders. (its important to note that i was on good terms with him, and that he was only a few years older than me) i didnt disobay his orders, but i asked for another few minuts untill i did what was needed to be done. i did my job, and got the girl.

talk. your brain is the most powerfull tool you have. use it.

Dwight44
10-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Best way is to just befriend them

L.A. Tripp
10-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Deus, as you know, she was looking for a leader in you. And, as you know, the AMOG purposely wanted to blow you out so that HE could have the girl. Did you HAVE to obey him right there on the spot, since he had already graduated? Obviously he was being a jerk and accomplished half of his purpose anyway, but since she DID bouce with YOU, that showed their was STILL interest on her part. If you can get back together with her, do so and BUILD ATTRACTION. Hit her attraction switches pretty hard. Show her what kind of a fun guy you are, and how high value you are, and make sure you do it AWAY from the frat.

Sm00thie
10-15-2008, 02:53 AM
WTF? I don't understand, did you HAVE to obey him? I would have told him to fuck off.

Deus
10-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Yes, I did HAVE to obey him. House rules. Brothers and Alums get to order us around. But it's only for 1 semester. Usually it's no big deal, like going down the street for a pack of cigarettes.
But this guy was a drunk douche bag.

L.A. Tripp
10-15-2008, 04:01 AM
Exactly. This guy was an ass. House rules or not, I would NOT have obeyed and explained why later.

Nutz
10-15-2008, 05:03 AM
^^^ Agreed. Just look at him blankly aaaaaannnnnd ./ignore. Then continue gaming as usual.

lobster
10-15-2008, 04:10 PM
never mind. whats done is done. if you can re game her, fine. if not, no biggie. lesson learnd. next time you will do better.

Fervour
10-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Hold on.

I'm not following. What the fuck was with the pushups?

I'm not 100% on all of American culture... but seriously... why do you "have to obey him"?????

Fuck that. You're doing well with a lady and this drunk retard tries to steal her, and you just do pushups when he orders you to? You gotta be fucking kidding me. What would be the consequences if you didn't?

I'm completely lost.

Deus
10-16-2008, 05:12 AM
The consequences would have been that I would probably have been bitched at by all the brothers in the house, and possibly kicked out at worst.
Generally, everyone in the frat is really cool. This was the one exception. I choose my company fairly carefully.

Centerfold
10-16-2008, 06:27 AM
fratboys are wack

kaRma_aus
10-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Here's an idea, maybe try befriending another alum on his level so that if this sorta shit goes down again, you got someone to back you.

Rules are rules and even if everyone knows that the AMOG was acting like a dick, the fact remains that he's older than you and you need to show respect - not so much because he's older, but because you want to show the rest of the guys that you know your place.

However, if he's outta line then he's outta line. If you can get someone who is on the same level as him to back you, I think it would be a great way to deal with the situation. That AMOG feels comfortable talking to you like your his little bitch, but he can't do that with someone who he considers to be a peer.

Also, the fact that you can show you've aligned with people in a position of power and high value shows that you also have power and value.

lobster
10-16-2008, 09:57 AM
lol. im not american ether. its some kind of group that recruit new members, and the whole order giving is some kind of way to screen out ppl.
just think of it as the army. you finish your boot camp, and climb the ranks. eventually you get to push ppl around as well.

the way i see it, they are a bunch of in secure guys that are trying to boost their self esteem. give a guy power, and ull quickly find out what kind of a person he is. the faster he is blinded by it, the less confidence and security the person has. you can disagree if you like, but thats my opinion.

Jaybot
10-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Pretty shitty abuse of power but she still bounced so there is still hope, did you get her number or anything?

I had similar shit happen once before (a game we used to play were if you said a certain word you HAD to do pushups), I just put them off till the end of the night (ouch) but I think if it happens again you need to say to the guy you can help wing him then just subtly sabotage him, become alpha without him noticing.

This can be done through repositioning him, making him the butt of playful jokes etc and if he questions it take him aside and tell him you know hwat you are doing.

Deus
10-16-2008, 10:52 PM
I didn't get her number, but she's a friend of a friend, so I'll probably see her again.

jadler
10-17-2008, 12:19 AM
yeah man just remember that you are an AMOG which means you have the god given authority over your own actions. if you are going for the rebel or rocker type Avatar disobey the douche.

explain it to another member later and if they kick you out of the frat then whatever

Sm00thie
10-17-2008, 11:11 PM
The consequences would have been that I would probably have been bitched at by all the brothers in the house, and possibly kicked out at worst.
Generally, everyone in the frat is really cool. This was the one exception. I choose my company fairly carefully.

Honestly dude, unless the guy had a gun at his waist I would have told him to suck my dick. If you're into this it means you must be committed to becoming alpha, and some stupid fratboys shouldn't come in your way. You're paying tuition, how can they kick you out?

Lately I've observed that we don't really realize how much power we have untill we fucking step up and do something about it, especially with authorities. My father and I don't get along very well, for example. My whole life I've been scared of him, after I finally had enough cojones and started answering back and telling him to kick the shit out of me that I'd withstand it and it wouldn't make him more of a man I've realized that people only punk you when you show them fear. I've constantly AMOGed my father whenever he gets a little aggressive since then. Again, it's not about being aggressive it's just showing that they can't do anything to hurt you, put your fucking chest out and tell them to do something.

Jaybot
10-17-2008, 11:17 PM
I think a lot of people aren't kinda clicking with the whole frat thing, Deus has joined the frat so I am guessing he wants to be a part of it so a little bullshit is to be expected. Also people have to know when to not be an alpha, authority still exists.

Sm00thie
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Also people have to know when to not be an alpha, authority still exists.

I disagree, I think you can be alpha in all occasions. Showing respect is another story, but showing submission is demeaning and it allows people to take advantage of you.

lobster
10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
I think you can be alpha in all occasions. Showing respect is another story, but showing submission is demeaning and it allows people to take advantage of you.

i agree 100% nicely said.

L.A. Tripp
10-18-2008, 03:04 AM
I agree also. Respect is one thing, and respect is a GOOD thing, however, those frat guys aren't looking for respect. They are looking for fear . . . in the guys that are under them. It's a self-esteem issue at the core. The frat guys want the new ones to look bad, to be demeaned, etc. They are not looking for building true respect or authority. They want their authority to be one of fear.

There is a huge difference between good self-esteem, respect, authority . . . and low self-esteem, fear, and authority which in that case is people walking all over other people.