PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a go-to opener (non opinion opener)

Pimperonni
09-26-2008, 07:45 AM
In the past, opinion openers felt safe and easy for me to make approaches under the guise of just being curious about something. I was really using them as a safety net and was just doing throwaway approaches with them.

When I finally decided to try @closing after using one, I actually felt kind of guilty. Granted at the time, I was only doing dyd style approaches and was only talking for a minute or two - but after that, I just haven't been inclined to use opinion openers.

I can make them up all day, and probably open fine with them a majority of the time if I wanted to, but it's not as easy to transition, for me at least, into having a natural conversation.

I've been inactive for awhile, but I flirt and make conversation with girls at my job all of the time - so I'm not completely out of the loop.

But usually, when I'm out, I'll say something spontaneous and situational to open and then just keep the convo moving from there and if I reach the hook point, I start telling stories, etc.

The problem with that is that sometimes, nothing situational comes to mind in the moment and it would be good to have a good default opener for if I have nothing else to say.

If I made myself use an opinion opener, I probably could, but I'd feel like I was using an excuse to talk to them (unless I threw the opinion opener in *after* opening - as a way of getting the convo going).

I'm really looking for something that I could realistically use everytime if I wanted to. I could see myself going direct here and there, but not all of the time.

I don't lie, ie "did you see the fight outside?!"
Which makes it a little more tricky.

I've used a bunch of different openers in the past, but I wanted to see if anybody has a good one that's worked for them - one that fits what I've described above.

Anyone?

Cro
09-26-2008, 09:07 AM
"has anyone seen a transvestite midget running through here?" - credit Decibel

this one will make no sense, but deliver properly and you're in....trust me

Pimperonni
09-27-2008, 05:52 AM
"has anyone seen a transvestite midget running through here?" - credit Decibel

this one will make no sense, but deliver properly and you're in....trust me

wow. lol. I might try that one just for fun and to see what happens.