PDA

View Full Version : Day Game with a 6 at Starbucks

Planet
09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Hey all,

Note: the woman in this field report wasn't that hot, really, so you might not want to take the time to read this.

Went to SB for coffee and while I was waiting for it, noticed that the woman who was in line behind me ended up waiting fairly close to me (about five feet away or so), even though I wasn't anywhere near where they place your coffee once it is done. Also, it wasn't crowded at all, so she could have waited practically anywhere instead of being kind of close.

Now the woman I give a 6 because she was tall (and I am 6 foot 3, so I like tall women), and has really soft blue eyes, which I like too. But most guys would probably put her in the 4 or 5 range.

Mystery says that is an IOI when a woman stands five to six feet away, and it might even be subconscious that she would make herself available to be approached.

anyway, avoided any contact while waiting (actually moved further away from her), and once my drink was ready, I got it and started to make a beeline for the exit.

As I was about two steps past her, I did a stop and turn and went into a variation on the Cashmere Sweater opener. "I have a fashion question that you can help me out with. I have a friend named XYZ who wants to get his girlfriend a cashmere sweater. I've seen the sweater and it would look great on her!

Trouble is, she is kind of a party girl and it really isn't her style. She might get upset and think that he is picking on her sense of style. What do you think?"

From that, we were able to hit a couple of topics, such as;

Whether the target was a party girl herself
Where does she go out dancing / partying
if she had a cashmere sweater when would she wear it,
What does she think of guys buying her nice clothes in general

Anyway, since I am into dancing salsa, I told her about this salsa festival that is going to be in her neck of the woods this weekend.

Ended up getting her email with little to no effort. Didn't bother asking for her phone number.

Don't know if I am going to contact her because she isn't that hot. But who knows, maybe she gives great head or something. You can never tell.

Anyway, lesson being that;

it's a good way to practice overcoming AA
it's always an ego boost to talk with a woman
it's never a bad idea to keep practicing your game
Work on your awareness of when women stand closer to you than they really have to

For the good of the group,

Planet

negatron
09-09-2008, 08:30 PM
yeah awesome job planet. Its always good to just be super social and open up set after set even if they are not that hot. Just get accustomed to talking with girls and becoming more aware of situations. Especially learning how to properly day game, thats a good skill set to have. anyways keep us posted on your next set

Respkt
09-09-2008, 11:40 PM
great job man, U recognized the passive ioi, thats microcalibrating lol

u didnt use a false time constraint tho, nor did u mention if U offered her any value after U took the time to qualify her. in other words what is it about u that will decide for her whether or not she would want to meet up with u?

in da neck of da woods?? :eek:

Planet
09-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Hey ya, Respkt;

Thanks for the input.

> u didnt use a false time constraint tho,

No, not a VERBAL one. But I did take my keys out and have them in my hand, and tried to be just slightly ahead of her looking back over my shoulder as we were walking, so it would look like I might have to run off at any moment.

She did cross the street to carry on the conversation with me when she could / should have stayed on the same side of the street to go to her workplace. (I didn't realize where she worked at the time she crossed the street, so I didn't recognize it as an IOI. But after we went our separate ways I looked back and saw that she had to cross the street back to the other side to get to her work place.)

But maybe a stated FTC would be better?

> nor did u mention if U offered her any value after U took the time to qualify
> her. in other words what is it about u that will decide for her whether or
> not she would want to meet up with u?

Thanks for bringing that up. That is the part of my game that I am trying to work on right now. But the hardest part seems to be when does it stop being DHV and start being just bragging??? I am open to any ideas here.

Since the conversation had moved to the busiest street corner downtown, and since I had been acting like I needed to get going, I thought it would be strange to suddenly try and do a cold reading or something time consuming.

I was hoping that it would be a DHV by 1) Mentioning that my friend and I both thought his girlfriend would like the cashmere sweater (and thus show that I have good taste in clothing), and 2) Bringing up dancing, because where she lives has minimal night life, so I wanted to show that I knew something cool that was going on.

Maybe too subtle? Maybe too lame? Share your thoughts.

Also, I promise not to use the phrase "neck of the woods" again :D I DIDN'T use it when I was talking with the target. But where she lives is Hicksville, so didn't know a better way to describe it in the post.

Respkt
09-10-2008, 01:50 PM
once again, moving/bouncing with u is a passive ioi way to go with the microcalibrating.

dhv doesnt involving bragging at all. there are quick games and gambits u coulda used like palm reading, and the esp test. although it doesnt offer her any survival value, it still definitely sets u apart and women remember u by it.

and it is a dhv to have nice taste in clothing. but while u were on the subject u coulda played with the idea of her coming out shopping with u instead of the party.

not every women is into dancing, and the less attractive ones tend to stay away from clubs and parties, but most women love going shopping and even more so with a guy who has good taste.

and never invite her to come with u until the 2 of u are on the phone together. tha way when u end the initial conversation u can throw in "we have so much to talk about.." shes gonna agree and its a more natural way of gettin the number

Planet
09-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey ya, Respekt:

Thanks for the advice. I like the idea of inviting her out shopping. And thanks for the tip about not all women wanting to go dancing.

I do have another question that you can help me out with.

and never invite her to come with u until the 2 of u are on the phone together. tha way when u end the initial conversation u can throw in "we have so much to talk about.." shes gonna agree and its a more natural way of gettin the number

What I really want to know is, if you call and get voicemail, what do you do? Hang up and call back later? Or do you leave some type of message?

And David DeAngelo says that he prefers getting email first (instead of phone number)? What's your take on that?

Thanks in advance,

Planet

Respkt
09-12-2008, 02:36 AM
i try to genuinely remember a point from our initial conversation. like if she gave me her opinion, or some advice from a womans perspective.

if she doesnt answer i just leave a voicemail saying "hey i tried out blah blah blah and it worked out great for me. i wanted to say thanks. anyways hit me back when u get this i got some juicy dirt to tell u.. respk't"

and then i keep it movin. on to the next target.

and id also try to figure out what didnt hook the first set into ringing MY phone off the hook.

maybe not enough value? kino?

Respkt
09-12-2008, 02:50 AM
and i keep a stash of business cards to promote my business so i get both the email and number, in exchange for my contact info.

9 times outta 10 they wanna get in touch with me. my business shows them how to make money, so keeping in touch with me might help them pay rent at the end of the month.

i offer legitimate survival value for them, even if they're "kinda" interested in the business, i know theyre attracted to me.

my old "personal" business cards had my websites on them, with my myspace and youtube sites on them. after they check the sites they were really excited to hear from me. regardless if its myspace, email or phone.