PDA

View Full Version : practicing?

LeSavant
08-23-2008, 09:15 PM
just curious but when you guys first started did you go straight to the field or did you talk to a wall and practice openers and such?

eVan
08-23-2008, 10:40 PM
People = feedback

Walls = practice

And maybe mirrors = better practice

Lol.

I find I go through a kind of digestion process. When I learn something new in what ever field I'm studying, I go through a period (long or short) where it's really difficult to perform the task. I'm training for two very different things right now. I'll go to class or to work and will struggle with a particular movement or task one day, but then I'll go home for the evening, relax, forget about it, and the next day I'm performing the task with more ease and confidence.

Sometimes when you're out in the field, you'll come up with the greatest cocky/funny comebacks, challenges, flirts, stories...but then you'll forget about them. Take the time to write down the interaction. And when you're alone, this is the best time to evaluate yourself, your goals, and what kinds of stories you have that sell yourself well.

eVan

LeSavant
08-23-2008, 11:52 PM
a lot of people use multiple forums haha...just saw u in stylelife

eVan
08-24-2008, 02:18 AM
Wha? Me? A traitor? OMG! No, that wasn't me! That was my evil spirit twin. :O :).

eVan or naVe