PDA

View Full Version : what should i wear to a classy night club

hexxeh
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
is there a site out there which shows you what to wear and what not wear when going out to a night club, or a maybe classy club to be specific, not super classy though. i'm driving down to toronto in a couple of weeks to celebrate my friends birthday. so we're getting the limo service, vip in the club and what not. so I wanna look pretty sharp....

any ideas?

Honved
05-21-2008, 03:39 AM
For me I'd wear black leather shoes, dark blue jeans, a nice dress shirt, nice belt, and a sports coat. I'll post a photo of how I dress tomarrow.

I'm by no means an expert, but from what I understand it really it all depends on what fits your personality. What are you trying to convey? Also see if there are dress codes for the clubs you'll be going to and fit it into that. All in all its based on who you are though.

Honv.

OhMy
05-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Try a slick pullover with a good (keyword) dress shirt and a cool tie.

Pullover: Not a think one or anything by Tommy Hillfiger or whatever. A thin one that compliments your shape with a v-neck.

Dress shirt: Get a good one, where the collar is also of good quality. I can not stress this enough.

Tie: Get one that has either a total contrasting color to the rest of your outfit or one that matches. For instance, if you wear a blackish-blue shirt try on an orange tie.

hexxeh
05-21-2008, 08:05 PM
OhMy: that's what I was thinking of too. But serveral concerns r:

1. woulndt it get hot in there, then I'd start sweating bcoz of all the heat
2. wht kinda pants should i be looking for?
3. Shoes?

Honved: I see what you mean. I'll be waiting for the picture to post.

Thanks.

Honved
05-22-2008, 02:44 AM
Here are the photos. The only difference between them is the shirt. I'm new to the community, so if anyone has any suggestions or critiques then post them.

Honv.

OhMy
05-24-2008, 12:18 PM
That's awefully standard IMO. Spice it up a little!

hexxeh, look at your PM. I forgot about your shoes. Just get a pair of decent shoes. Leather is preferable.

Dont worry about the heat. If it gets to hot, you take off the pullover ;)

Honved
05-25-2008, 03:06 AM
That's awefully standard IMO. Spice it up a little!

hexxeh, look at your PM. I forgot about your shoes. Just get a pair of decent shoes. Leather is preferable.

Dont worry about the heat. If it gets to hot, you take off the pullover ;)

I do agree with you that it is very standard. The main reason I wear it is the last time I wore a suit I stopped to get coffee and just sit for about 20min, and about 30 people came up to me and complimented me on it. Do you have any suggestions for upgrading it?

Also, one of my friends suggested going sarging in my uniform from reenacting with full medals and all. Do you think that is smart or idiotic?

Honv.

OhMy
05-25-2008, 09:36 AM
I'd say it's a bit overdoing it. But hey, that's peacocking for ya ;)
I'm not sure what that uniform is meant for, but always be sure that if you wear something.. it's not to show off (in a way where you want to get recognition for it). Ya know?

About the suit, hey if it works for you.. great! :D Rock on! It looks standard cuz there is nothing really standing out. The jeans for instance are really loose, I'd wear them a bit more tighter and I'd actually wear the suit type pants (there's a name for them, I forgot though :P) that goes with the jacket. Shoes are really big as far as I can see. Try some more slim ones, you know Italian type of shoes. I like the dress shirt in the second pic though! Try spicing that up with one of these really thin ties in lets say uuuhm... black.

oddball
06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
at hovem. id go more casual but witha suit

for example
go down a few buttons (not tooo much obv)

get a necklace

the 2nd shirt the silver one is horrible

the first shirt is average, id go with a different /better color other than black/blue, maybe salmon pink with stripes obv

dont tuck in ur shirt (way to formal, + would make u look more casual)

oh Btw get rid of the shoulder pads(if u have = more casual)

get some rings, and some better shoes.

u can go with icecreams (ie whites) or some decent leather ones (crocodiles etc)

Honved
06-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the advice oddball. Usually I wear a necklace, rings, ext, but I was in a rush and just threw on the outfit quick for the photos.

I'll see my tailor about the pads. The only thing I dont really like to do is untuck the shirt. The ones I have always seem way to long and ppl always tell me it looks bad with them out. Do you think I could pull off a good look leaving it untucked?

Honv.

oddball
06-08-2008, 10:35 AM
yeah i used to wear jackets also wheni went clubbing, i stopped now though (now its dress shirts with rolled(properly) up sleeves)

but yeah the only way to tell if it suits u is, take some pics and even use it as a opener ie "i need your opinion. not really qualified to know, tucked in or tucked out shirts?"

(not exact wording but u get the point) like tucked out shirts might looked good to us guyz, but ive nvr asked a chicka on the matter. so i guess u can find out in the field and report back.

when shopping for dress shirts u can tuck out, usually i check for a few things.

1) a good fit, baggy tucked out shirts look horrible

2) when i stretch my arms above my head. that the front goes to around the height of my belt

3) stripes are important i think, always go vertical on stripes

squiggie
06-10-2008, 06:17 PM
untuck the shirt and tuck in part of it in the front. That might make you a little more comfortable with it untucked while still holding a casual image.

KarloV
06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Depends on how upmarket the club is, if a sportscoat isn't a necessity try just going in with a vest, rolled up shirt and a tie (don't do up the top bottom or do the tie up properly otherwise you'll look uptight and a bit inaccessible). Then use things like wrist bands, bead bracelets , necklaces and belt buckles to make yourself stand out more.

Osieris
06-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Another option than the having a half and half tucked in shirt, is just going with a shorter button down. It's the same thing, except without the need to tuck it in since it's shorter.

That being said I always enjoy the half and half because it makes me feel like Wayne Gretzky. =P